IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is very laid back, there arent a lot of technical questions. IBM people are generally nice. I feel like this is the environment i would work for. However the office is very old. All ibm office are very hidden.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Typical interview process. Received a call a few days after submitting my application. Scheduled a phone interview which consisted of two separate 30 minute interviews. Questions were all standard (why IBM, what do we do, what does IBM stand for, what excel skills do you have etc).

Interview Questions

• Just about every questioned asked is posted on here in other reviews.   Answer Question

Offer was below the occupation's entry-level market average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I conducted my interview on campus, there were two different recruiters. The first talked about what its like to work in the office and then asked about my technical skills and the other did the typical behavioral questions. I followed up after the interview and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on current news and events?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. There were two interviewers, usually from the division you'll be placed in once hired. Both interviewers were very friendly and weren't trying to make the interview difficult. They wanted to have a conversation and find out what kind of person you're like and how well you know the content. Overall they ask a lot of the usual interview questions, ranging from personality to technical aptitude.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I received an interview after my college job fair. It was two 1:1 interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. Interview questions were very basic and a lot of the time was spent going over my resume. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. It has been about 8 weeks now and I have still not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....... What would you do if.....   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I interviewed for a full time financial analyst position at IBM through my school's on campus recruiting program. Not sure why I even applied as this is not a company I would work for, but I was selected for an interview and had to go. The interview was bizarre as it was not behavioral. Every question I was asked had to do with IBM, and all the interviewer talked about was the company. She didn't ask any questions about me or my resume. It was the first time ever I wasn't asked to "tell me about yourself."

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Worked with the person in charge of interns. Was a very easy process. They had me speak with the person running the department briefly, to make sure I was a good fit. Salary and start date was all done through India.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my relevant background experience.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy breezy - I was very prepared so the process was not bad at all - just prepare well and you will do fine - read annual reports - asked pointed / hard hitting questions regarding the role

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward with the interviewer asking about my previous experiences. I basically ran through what was on my resume and touched on some of the most important aspects that related to the job offering.