IBM

Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.6

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

I interviewed for a full time financial analyst position at IBM through my school's on campus recruiting program. Not sure why I even applied as this is not a company I would work for, but I was selected for an interview and had to go. The interview was bizarre as it was not behavioral. Every question I was asked had to do with IBM, and all the interviewer talked about was the company. She didn't ask any questions about me or my resume. It was the first time ever I wasn't asked to "tell me about yourself."

Financial Analyst Interview

Easy breezy - I was very prepared so the process was not bad at all - just prepare well and you will do fine - read annual reports - asked pointed / hard hitting questions regarding the role

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

It was pretty straight forward with the interviewer asking about my previous experiences. I basically ran through what was on my resume and touched on some of the most important aspects that related to the job offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

I had an interview in Rochester, MN. A friend who works there dropped off my application and they called me to set up an interview right away. I was told that it would be an hour long interview with two people interviewing for thirty minutes each. The entrance that you need to go into is fairly hard to find so I would suggest getting there plenty early. I entered the main entrance and checked in with the lady behind the counter. The first person interviewing me was a male manager. He just walked through my resume and asked me to explain each part and asked how well I knew excel. This person was supposed to be the one asking me more technical questions. The technical questions weren't very difficult or in depth. He mostly asked about any financial equations you've used for classes or using excel. Pivot tables were brought up and asked if I had used them. Most people don't use pivot tables that I've talked to before working there but its something they frequently use. The setting was very relaxed with him and it went pretty smoothly. Nothing difficult and very relaxing. The next person came in to interview and was a female manager. She asked more situational questions along with going over my resume quickly. This was very relaxed as well and a little more thought provoking but nothing too difficult. I ended up interviewing for an extra half an hour for a total of one and half hours. It really does fly by once you begin talking back and forth. They will jot down answers to questions on resumes of yours that were printed off. My GPA was below the 3.2 that IBM looks for and she asked me to explain what I had. Ive heard that if you can explain how you have improved over the last couple of years they are understanding and will offer you a job still if the interview goes well. Overall it was a very relaxed process and not very difficult. This was my first professional interview. I am still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager wants a report handed in and will be thankful and praise you for giving it to him/her but you know that it will not provide the information that need even though they still want it what would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Based on internships and co-ops

They would not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

I applied for the position through my university website, consisted of submitting my resume and some admin work. Heard back about a month later, saying that I qualified for an on-campus interview. The interview was really relaxed and calm. Explained some things on my resume. Answered some basic behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult, just needed to hold a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general and broad. "Explain a time you were challenged" "Explain a time you dealt with poor clients"   Answer Question
    Nothing. Co-op position. Wage is based on credits towards major.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Career Fair, Interviewed with 2 different managers back to back the following day on campus

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your skill with Excel on a scale of 1 to 10.   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview process included 2 fifteen minute interviews on campus following a career fair.

Internship so no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Drove to Rochester, MN for 2 interviews. Half hour each right after another. Interviews are with would be direct supervisors, a position you could attain in a few years. General HR questions, a few questions on familiarity of excel. No job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with moving to Rochester? There is no nightlife here....   View Answer

More money somewhere else.