IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

47 interviews

2.6

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Easy breezy - I was very prepared so the process was not bad at all - just prepare well and you will do fine - read annual reports - asked pointed / hard hitting questions regarding the role

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Drove to Rochester, MN for 2 interviews. Half hour each right after another. Interviews are with would be direct supervisors, a position you could attain in a few years. General HR questions, a few questions on familiarity of excel. No job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with moving to Rochester? There is no nightlife here....   View Answer

More money somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

One interview was conducted with two interviewers. They did most of the talking and I answered a few questions. They were hiring hundreds of analysts for a finance center and it was a simple interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers did not ask unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate what was offered.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

It was pretty straight forward with the interviewer asking about my previous experiences. I basically ran through what was on my resume and touched on some of the most important aspects that related to the job offering.

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

I had an interview in Rochester, MN. A friend who works there dropped off my application and they called me to set up an interview right away. I was told that it would be an hour long interview with two people interviewing for thirty minutes each. The entrance that you need to go into is fairly hard to find so I would suggest getting there plenty early. I entered the main entrance and checked in with the lady behind the counter. The first person interviewing me was a male manager. He just walked through my resume and asked me to explain each part and asked how well I knew excel. This person was supposed to be the one asking me more technical questions. The technical questions weren't very difficult or in depth. He mostly asked about any financial equations you've used for classes or using excel. Pivot tables were brought up and asked if I had used them. Most people don't use pivot tables that I've talked to before working there but its something they frequently use. The setting was very relaxed with him and it went pretty smoothly. Nothing difficult and very relaxing. The next person came in to interview and was a female manager. She asked more situational questions along with going over my resume quickly. This was very relaxed as well and a little more thought provoking but nothing too difficult. I ended up interviewing for an extra half an hour for a total of one and half hours. It really does fly by once you begin talking back and forth. They will jot down answers to questions on resumes of yours that were printed off. My GPA was below the 3.2 that IBM looks for and she asked me to explain what I had. Ive heard that if you can explain how you have improved over the last couple of years they are understanding and will offer you a job still if the interview goes well. Overall it was a very relaxed process and not very difficult. This was my first professional interview. I am still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager wants a report handed in and will be thankful and praise you for giving it to him/her but you know that it will not provide the information that need even though they still want it what would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM.

Based on internships and co-ops

They would not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at IBM.

I applied for the position through my university website, consisted of submitting my resume and some admin work. Heard back about a month later, saying that I qualified for an on-campus interview. The interview was really relaxed and calm. Explained some things on my resume. Answered some basic behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult, just needed to hold a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very general and broad. "Explain a time you were challenged" "Explain a time you dealt with poor clients"   Answer Question
    Nothing. Co-op position. Wage is based on credits towards major.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

Rochester, MN - The interview was mostly behavioral. Asking lots of questions about experience in college and internships. They wanted to know all about my work with Excel and how experienced I was with maintaining large amounts of data (this is where internship experience also helps).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to take the lead of a group, and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating.

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Career Fair, Interviewed with 2 different managers back to back the following day on campus

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your skill with Excel on a scale of 1 to 10.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Very extensive process involving several rounds of interviews with many people. Many types of various questions around strengths, weaknesses. Other questions included scenario type questions such as "tell me about a time when.....and how did you handle it"? Also asked questions around why you want to work for IBM and what your goals are, where do you see yourself 5, 10 years from now?

Interview Questions

Their offer was $20K/year below another offer I had and they did not want to match or beat the other offer.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!