IBM Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Typical interview process. Received a call a few days after submitting my application. Scheduled a phone interview which consisted of two separate 30 minute interviews. Questions were all standard (why IBM, what do we do, what does IBM stand for, what excel skills do you have etc).

Interview Questions

• Just about every questioned asked is posted on here in other reviews.   Answer Question

Offer was below the occupation's entry-level market average.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I received an interview after my college job fair. It was two 1:1 interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. Interview questions were very basic and a lot of the time was spent going over my resume. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. It has been about 8 weeks now and I have still not heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.......
      What would you do if.....

Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I interviewed for a full time financial analyst position at IBM through my school's on campus recruiting program. Not sure why I even applied as this is not a company I would work for, but I was selected for an interview and had to go. The interview was bizarre as it was not behavioral. Every question I was asked had to do with IBM, and all the interviewer talked about was the company. She didn't ask any questions about me or my resume. It was the first time ever I wasn't asked to "tell me about yourself."

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Easy breezy - I was very prepared so the process was not bad at all - just prepare well and you will do fine - read annual reports - asked pointed / hard hitting questions regarding the role

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward with the interviewer asking about my previous experiences. I basically ran through what was on my resume and touched on some of the most important aspects that related to the job offering.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an interview in Rochester, MN. A friend who works there dropped off my application and they called me to set up an interview right away. I was told that it would be an hour long interview with two people interviewing for thirty minutes each. The entrance that you need to go into is fairly hard to find so I would suggest getting there plenty early. I entered the main entrance and checked in with the lady behind the counter. The first person interviewing me was a male manager. He just walked through my resume and asked me to explain each part and asked how well I knew excel. This person was supposed to be the one asking me more technical questions. The technical questions weren't very difficult or in depth. He mostly asked about any financial equations you've used for classes or using excel. Pivot tables were brought up and asked if I had used them. Most people don't use pivot tables that I've talked to before working there but its something they frequently use. The setting was very relaxed with him and it went pretty smoothly. Nothing difficult and very relaxing. The next person came in to interview and was a female manager. She asked more situational questions along with going over my resume quickly. This was very relaxed as well and a little more thought provoking but nothing too difficult. I ended up interviewing for an extra half an hour for a total of one and half hours. It really does fly by once you begin talking back and forth. They will jot down answers to questions on resumes of yours that were printed off. My GPA was below the 3.2 that IBM looks for and she asked me to explain what I had. Ive heard that if you can explain how you have improved over the last couple of years they are understanding and will offer you a job still if the interview goes well. Overall it was a very relaxed process and not very difficult. This was my first professional interview. I am still waiting on an offer.

Interview Questions

• If your manager wants a report handed in and will be thankful and praise you for giving it to him/her but you know that it will not provide the information that need even though they still want it what would you do?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Based on internships and co-ops

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university website, consisted of submitting my resume and some admin work. Heard back about a month later, saying that I qualified for an on-campus interview. The interview was really relaxed and calm. Explained some things on my resume. Answered some basic behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult, just needed to hold a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general and broad. "Explain a time you were challenged" "Explain a time you dealt with poor clients"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing. Co-op position. Wage is based on credits towards major.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Interview

Career Fair, Interviewed with 2 different managers back to back the following day on campus

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your skill with Excel on a scale of 1 to 10.   1 Answer