IBM France Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM France

Candidate Interview Review

Strategy and Technology Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM France.

The hiring process started with an interview appointment at the IBM office. The interview was supposed to be with one of the managers, though I had two of them (one unexpected) on the very same day.
    The first interviewer, who couldn't find a place for the interview, asked basic questions: Why IBM? Present yourself, and so on. She was rather rude in her manners, and ended up telling me that I have a slight accent in French (I am not native French).
    The second interviewer didn't take that long to come down from his office. The interview was quite nice and the person seemed easy-going.
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from them, so I had to write them a kind e-mail asking about the current state of my application. Only after me contacting them, I was told that my application for this traineeship was rejected.

Interview Questions
    • From the STUPID question series, that are by the ways banned for every company to use:

-Why is the manhole cover round?
      -Are there more entrances or exits in the Parisian metro system?

As to the first questions, I answered that making manholes round is optimal in terms of resources because round shapes have smaller surfaces than rectangular shapes for instance, but apparently the interviewer didn't like my response.
        View Answer

Worked for IBM France? Contribute to the Community!