IBM France Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.6

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gentilly (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM France (Gentilly (France)).

Interview

I just came in the office and talked with the researcher about the position and my experience. We had some technical questions but nothing relevant. 2 other colleagues had interviews that were way more technical for the same role but they didn't have previous experience in the subject as I did.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM France (Paris (France)) in June 2015.

Interview

3 entretiens au total

1er entretien avec un consultant ou RH: description parcours, expérience professionnel, projet professionnel, motivations

2ème entretien avec un consultant: mise en situation de consultant + redaction d'un rapport

3ème: entretien avec un partner ou associé: il s'agit de voir si vous avez un bonne projection dans l'entreprise

Interview Questions

• Votre manager vous donne le matin et l'après-midi deux missions urgentes, que faites-vous?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bois-Colombes (France)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM France (Bois-Colombes (France)).

Interview

Après avoir postuler sur le site, j'ai reçu un coup de téléphone.
    J'ai été convoqué à une session de speed recruiting.
    Cela a durer 2h30.
    On m'as présenté l'entreprise puis j'ai eu un entretien avec 2 Responsables.

Interview Questions

• Pas de question particulière, Présentation de soi même , pourquoi IBM.? etc.   Answer Question

SAP Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM France.

Interview

Posting of advertisement, telephonic interview by the recruiter, Telephonic interview by the Technical person,Written test, Interview with the delivery head HR Interview, Offer released, Acceptance of offer, Onboarding and Induction

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary and higher roles

Chargé De Mission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM France (Paris (France)) in September 2014.

Interview

Un entretien avec 2 apprentis d'abord assez classique puis entretien 1 semaine plus tard avec mon futur maitre d'apprentissage qui a duré environ 1 h, questions assez classiques, revue de CV et des expériences puis présentation du poste avec des cas concrets, bonne expérience.
    C'est un processus assez classique globalement, j'ai particulièrement aimé la franchise des personnes rencontrées quant à mes missions.

Extreme Blue Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nice (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM France (Nice (France)) in June 2014.

Interview

I sent my resume and a cover letter to the HR department. They called me one day later to schedule an interview. So, I was interviewed four three days later. The HR called me, she asked me to present myself and my professional project in French. I did. She was kind and gave me enough time to answer her questions. But then, with no warning, an engineer started talking to me and in English (I don't have difficulties with the language) but it would have been nice to say that a technical manager is going to talk with you now. He was rude and tried to intimidate me. He asked a bunch of questions about CS/big data/data mining. I got the feeling that he had not seen my resume before, so had no idea about my curriculum or my skills. After that, I talked back with the HR, and she asked me to send her my availability dates. They never answered.

Interview Questions

• Do you like Computer Science ? Out of 10, how would you rate yourself in Java ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM France.

Interview

The hiring process started with an interview appointment at the IBM office. The interview was supposed to be with one of the managers, though I had two of them (one unexpected) on the very same day.
    The first interviewer, who couldn't find a place for the interview, asked basic questions: Why IBM? Present yourself, and so on. She was rather rude in her manners, and ended up telling me that I have a slight accent in French (I am not native French).
    The second interviewer didn't take that long to come down from his office. The interview was quite nice and the person seemed easy-going.
    After the interview, I didn't hear back from them, so I had to write them a kind e-mail asking about the current state of my application. Only after me contacting them, I was told that my application for this traineeship was rejected.

Interview Questions

• From the STUPID question series, that are by the ways banned for every company to use:

-Why is the manhole cover round?
      -Are there more entrances or exits in the Parisian metro system?

As to the first questions, I answered that making manholes round is optimal in terms of resources because round shapes have smaller surfaces than rectangular shapes for instance, but apparently the interviewer didn't like my response.

1 Answer