IBM

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Administrative Interview

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2008.

Interview Details – Introduction by existing employee. Had a 1 on 1 interview and submitted my CV. Heard nothing for 3 weeks. I called the manager and he said he was keen but salary could be an issue. Over the next 2 weeks we spoke 3 times, resolved the salary issue and I was made an offer which I accepted.
The HR department were really slow and unresponsive in processing my info altho i was paid on time from the 1st month but had to supply them some docs twice as they "misplaced" the first ones!
I've heard of people who were made a verbal offer but IBM internal processes are so slow that it took 3+months for a formal offer to be fully approved by which time the candidate had accepted a position elsewhere.
Incidentally, although they ask permission to do all the background checks, they never called my previous employer, nor any of the people I gave as references and the credit bureau showed no inquiries so clearly their screening is not so thorough!

Interview Question – The interview was really simple and informal - more of a discovery discussion with the manager asking about my work experience, work interests etc and me asking about IBM. There was no panel interview. Not sure if this is the norm.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Global Administrative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.