IBM ISSC

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.6

CF Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC.

Process took 2 weeks. Firstly the interview with Manpower company. I have got a simple test with personal questions and few IT question such as Microsoft Word, Excel and basics about Windows. After that I was invited to second one with manager and team leader approximately after 1 week from the first one.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, my backround step by step. They always ask how much is 20% from 80%. Good environment if you are fresh graduate after a year or two I would suggest to change because of the huge fluctuaction.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was fresh graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM ISSC in April 2014.

I've applied trough an agency. There were a group interview, simple interview questions. After my manager called me to ask me to go to an AC. There were first a group interview first, than Mathematical, logical, informatical skill test, personality test, problem solving test, short letter, long letter. After a group task, where man have to solve a problem with a given info, than discuss it with the other groups.
    If someone pass an AC, it is more easy the next round is a personal interview with your future team leaders and managers. It took 1-1,5h for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question were, that say a really difficult situation from your previous experience and tell, how you felt there.   View Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC.

4 rounds of interviews - technical/industry, HR, with Chinese and foreigner. Managers very different style and personality. Interview in English and Chinese. Asked about travel willingness in china and to japan and other countries.

Interview Questions
    • How do I work with many different bosses who I don't report to.   Answer Question
    Tough and not flexible but have to push

Advisory ITS Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC.

technical interview/HR interview

P2P - AP Specialist (CMX) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC in May 2013.

I have been invited to a group interview right away. There, we had to say a few facts we knew about IBM, IBM ISSC and Cemex. After that, there was a group excercise, we had three groups and the three groups had different ideas about a question and we had to come to a conclusion about it. After that, the HR person told three of us to stay, and invited us right away for the next round interview. The next round interview was the typical interview. Introduction, strenghts, weaknesses. They said they would get back at me with an offer in like 2-3 weeks or not. It didn't pass yet.

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions about Cemex but I didn't know CMX stood for that so I hadn't looked it up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC in April 2013.

After 30 minutes waiting in the hall, a group interview with 6-8 others was held to form teams and discuss an issue, every team protecting its own point of view in a certain matter. The teams had to agree on a solution while the HR Lady was checking everyones' interaction properties. The idea was to have 3 teams confront each other whether to build industry- or tourism- or simply green protection on an small isolated island. Then they would test language skills 1-1.

The 2nd round was a 1-1 discussion with an HR - Hire Manager, who was again half an hour late and appeared that she just jumps in, since the necessary teamlead is not even taking part on the interview. Bc of his absence I felt a littlebit "put aside" since the necessary decision makers were not all present and slight organisation inefficiencies could be observed, no room was reserved for the meeting, interview was rushed.

Afterwards I was "forgotten" and if after more than 3 weeks I don't ask about the progress guessing the emailaddress of the Lady from her name details, probably they would not have even notified me... Probably I was unlucky that team lead could not be present at the interview and instead of scheduling a new one, they put me aside on the parking lane, and chose people who could be met on a different day...

It is a pitty that even in case of bad luck, simple notification is not being sent, they let people wait and perish, just because they have an ocean of unemployed to fish from, individuals don't get gentleman's treatment, but c'mon... this is todays reality at most multinationals.

Bid Manager Interview

interviewed at IBM ISSC in April 2013.

I applied through an agency, so I had to go there first for an interview. It was simple interview, with questions like 'tell me about yourself'. The lady was clearly trying to help me, she told me what salary expectations I should have (my initial expectations turned out too low). The second round was at IBM, it was a group interview. We had to introduce ourselves in front of the other 9 people from the group. We were asked what we knew about IBM.
    The next task was a group work, we were split in three teams, and we were in the management of a tropical island. Our group had to build an artificial island, and promote turism connected to fishery, the second group had to drill for oil, and the third one were the environmentalists. I tried to stay in the middle, not to be too passive and not trying to dominate the group.
    The second interview is still due, I hope I will pass it next week.

Interview Questions
    • How many locations does IBM have in Budapest?
      How many employees does it have?

Answer Question

Accounts Receivable - Billing Interview

Applied via hiring agency. 2 rounds, first a group interview with 6 other candidates. Calm and friendly environment, interesting task. After that a personal interview with the hiring manager, also very pleasant. Given detailed information about the position, basically a sympathy test. A little longer process than I expected, about 1 and a half month.

Interview Questions
    • No hard questions, mostly about my motives.   View Answer

Financial and Administration Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC in August 2012.

Firts I had to upload my CV at their website. After I have been called by HR for an interview. There was an interview and after I got selected for the job, but it took like a moth to get started with the work. HR is really slow... The interview was actually OK, just a regular, not that hard one-to-one interview.

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM ISSC in March 2010.

Normal process, first a telephone call with the HR on general questions. Than a friendly interview with the hiring manager and other team members with whom i work now. Everybody seemed to be happy to work for this company. Everybody seemed to be balanced.
    Language tests were important because of the support we give for countries.

Interview Questions
    • Not really met difficult questions, they asked about my biggest conflict i had ever met during my job.   Answer Question