IBM IT Architect Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Architect Interview

Unless you're one of those folks who jump from job to job and have mastered the Interview process, I suggest you do your research on the Interview Process and the varied types of questions (technical and non-technical) that will be given. IBM knows you have the talent and skills. What they are looking for is energetic, innovative, and process oriented personnel. I suggest reading two books: "Strengths Finder" by Tom Rath and "The Greatest Salesman" by Og Mandino. Also look into Abby Kohut for her insights on the Job Interviewing process.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about yourself"... this is the question where you need to sell yourself and your accomplishments - - not what you can do. Unless you're Steven Hawking, there's a lot of people who can do what you do. Focus on how you've done it better than the next person. Next hardest question is "Why did you leave your other job?" or "Why are you looking for a new job?".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

IT Architect Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2007.

Applied on-line, got the technical phone-interview call in 2 weeks. After I have been cleared from phone interview, they called me to Atlanta for personal interviews, where 3 sr. executives interviewed me separately for one hour each. Then I was told about the offer details over the phone in 2 weeks and sent me the copy later. Everything went very well.

Interview Questions
    Unfortunately nothing much, to negotiate as they offer was really good. So accepted the offer as it is.

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vác (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vác (Hungary)

interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Applied through agency. Competence center 1 day. This was a lengthy process with IQ test, presentation, group work etc. Interview with supervisor after. Not much to say about it. It took weeks until they came back to me. People were on holiday or whatnot.

Interview Questions
    • Need to solve and present a business problem.   View Answer
    Nothing.

IT Architect Interview

joined via an acquisition so was not interviewed

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hortolândia (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in August 2011.

It was a very nice interview. Good experience.
    I always wanted to be back to IBM. I was transferred to AT&T due to BlueSky deal but seems IBM is pretty much internationalized than other American companies.
    IBM provides a lot of opportunity to achieve a lot of professional growth.

IT Architect Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in April 2008.

Was interviewed by Lead Architect for role of IT Architect with a UNIX focus. Interview concentrated on my skill set and how I could add value to the process of transformation and migration of client UNIX based application to IBM and/or client data centers. Interviewer was very professional and to the point and asked about my experience and skills in this area. The job involved work from home and travel and his wanted to ensure that I was comfortable working in the IBM culture of remote work on multiple projects. He sensed that I "had been there and done that" due my specific about problems that can arise out of such projects. I think that was what sealed the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go into a client and move application to a thrid party DC?   Answer Question
    Negoiation was with contracting agency and hence I was happy with the result. Note IBM has given all contractors a 20% rate cute in 2008/2009 and my initial salary would have been about $150+ otherwise.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!