IBM

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Architect

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2007.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, got the technical phone-interview call in 2 weeks. After I have been cleared from phone interview, they called me to Atlanta for personal interviews, where 3 sr. executives interviewed me separately for one hour each. Then I was told about the offer details over the phone in 2 weeks and sent me the copy later. Everything went very well.

Interview Question – Can you run /drive the conference room pilots (CRP)?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately nothing much, to negotiate as they offer was really good. So accepted the offer as it is.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – joined via an acquisition so was not interviewed

Hortolândia (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very nice interview. Good experience.
I always wanted to be back to IBM. I was transferred to AT&T due to BlueSky deal but seems IBM is pretty much internationalized than other American companies.
IBM provides a lot of opportunity to achieve a lot of professional growth.

Interview Question – What kind of systems do you know besides networking?   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in April 2008.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by Lead Architect for role of IT Architect with a UNIX focus. Interview concentrated on my skill set and how I could add value to the process of transformation and migration of client UNIX based application to IBM and/or client data centers. Interviewer was very professional and to the point and asked about my experience and skills in this area. The job involved work from home and travel and his wanted to ensure that I was comfortable working in the IBM culture of remote work on multiple projects. He sensed that I "had been there and done that" due my specific about problems that can arise out of such projects. I think that was what sealed the job.

Interview Question – How would you go into a client and move application to a thrid party DC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negoiation was with contracting agency and hence I was happy with the result. Note IBM has given all contractors a 20% rate cute in 2008/2009 and my initial salary would have been about $150+ otherwise.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM IT Architect interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.