IBM

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interview - one teleconference which lasted for an hour and covered topics based on past experience and approaches to simple problems, an email test that included several assignments evaluating technical and practice-oriented skills and competencies; the final round was again a teleconference that lasted for 30 minutes with focus on preferred location, date of onboarding and other minor formalities.

Interview Question – Would you be comfortable moving to England or Japan a few weeks later?   Answer Question

IT Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – College hire - IBM came to university and did three back to back interviews about 30 minutes each. First two interviews were basically in reference to my resume and why I think I am a good fit for the company - very basic. The third interview shaped more like a "how would you handle xyz" situation.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was answering the "how would you handle xyz" situation. It helps to prepare yourself for case studies and thinking on your toes. Be sure to ask questions about the situation, and say how you came to you conclusion.   Answer Question

IT Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online through my university career portal, and two weeks later they invited me to their VA office to interview. Had three back to back interviews that included a behavioral interview, technical interview , and a case study. Took two weeks to hear back. The whole process took about a month and a half.

Interview Question – They tell you what types of questions they will be asking you. Do your research and be prepared, especially for the case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3, 30 minute interviews, including one case interview.

Interview Question – Case interview   Answer Question

Blacksburg, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Behavioral Interviews 1 Case. 2 of the interviewers were unqualified and unprofessional. Typical interview questions.

IT Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Went through campus recruiting and got the interview.

Was a super day 3 back to back interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 skills placement, and 1 case study.

Got called the next day for a verbal offer and then received a written a few weeks later.

Interview Question – How do you get "old-school" management to jump on board a new idea you might have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't negotiate as they were the best offer I got.

Bethesda, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process included three 30 minutes back-to-back interviews, mostly behavioral questions. There were very few technical questions which were very easy. If you are a computer science major, you will certainly answer it, so don't worry about that. If you apply for a consulting position, the first thing your interviewer will asses is this: "If I put this candidate in front of a client, will he/she be able to represent IBM?"
After you pass the interview, they will send you a test called IPAT. It is an intelligence test. Make sure to research it online before start taking it; your whole employment is dependent on the result of this test.

Interview Question – No difficult question just a basic behavioral interview. I guess the only question that I had to think a little bit was "Tell me about one of your weaknesses"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation; it was basically "This is the offer, do you want it or not? answer with yes or no".

Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews are very straight forward, and the whole process is light and quick. There will be one technical round followed by a manager interview. Fascinating to note that there would not be a HR profiling round, which felt out of normal to me. Technical round consists of straight forward technology questions, so if you know what you are doing, this round would not be all that difficult, no trick questions here. The discussion with the manager, I never really understood the purpose of it, coz it was just a discussion on matters ranging from IT to football - so it's just a discussion, and that's it.

Interview Question – No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, something that I wasn't sure. Negotiation actually happens with an HR who you will only recognize by voice.

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I applied online. And was then asked to take part in an online logic and maths test. Following that I was invited to an assessment centre. During the day we did a number of group exercises, puzzles, an interview and a business case. I was then asked to attend a second assessment centre day, which included more group puzzles, a written report based on an interview and an actual interview with a senior consultant.

I received an offer a couple of weeks after the final event.

Interview Question – They had a prioritisation task as one of the group exercises where you had to agree with your team on the rescue order of a number of people stuck in a cave.
There was also a tricky puzzle test where they gave each person in the group a set of notes (which were all different) and we had to compare the information and deduce what the answer to the question was.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I simply asked to change my start date since I had already accepted another job and they were very accommodating.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Foundation graduate scheme

Interview Question – Why do you like technology   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!