IBM

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wrocław (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through phone call, 1st general information was asked. 2nd Technical interview. 3rd Manager round of interview. Last was HR round where salary was negotiated via email. Later all the communication was through email. Offer was released once salary was finalized. Salary was not negotiable even when I was being asked for my expectations.

Interview Question – VIO related questions were difficult   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

IT Specialist
Brasília, Federal District (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring processo took too long, with a lot of interviews with different people, since technical team to management team.

Interview Question – "Why do you think we should choose you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They just offered more than I asked!

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was thru a job fair and first interview was done by HR, then submitted to hiring manager. After 2 weeks, technical architect would interview for about 1 hours, after passing the technical session , then hiring manager would conduct the behavioral interview, all these process took 1 months.

Interview Question – Could you tell me few example of your job achievement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring manager will contact you asking for salary range, advice to others please do not hesitate to negotiate.

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2009.

Interview Details – 2 interviews; 1st with the line of business and 2nd with HR

Interview Question – typical HR questions like "if I ask your colleagues, what would they tell me negatively about yourself"   Answer Question

IT Specialist
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – 2 interviews by phone,both of them are technical, 1 online test and English exam.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, try to talk about salary before the process start.

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview Details – IQ test, HR pre-screening interview and if everything checks out final interview with hiring manager.

Interview Question – When customer demands do not align with management's instructions, what do you do?   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for new graduate position. Got an email from recruiter asking few questions. He forwarded my application to Campus Manager, who contacted me to schedule a phone interview. After that he scheduled me final interview. It was also phone interview with hiring manager, as position was based in Nova Scotia.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Mostly behavioral questions and some related to the resume   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – three step interview:
 - online math tests
 - first face to face interview with HR
 - second interview with the business line manager

Interview Question – I had no hard questions to answer.   Answer Question

Brno (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Quick interview with a few technical questions.

Interview Question – Expected to demonstrate some knowledge there and then on a laptop. e.g how would I find who has been using this computer.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation why they even asked what salary I wanted is beyond me since they had already decided before even seeing me.

Kista (Sweden)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very quick process. With two interviews and a fast decision.

Interview Question – Both interviews was very good, with no specific difficult Q. Sometimes it was more of a discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I got an offer and it was too good to not accept.