IBM

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was easy and the people were very nice.

Negotiation Details – It is what it is. This is what we have, if you don't like it, we have others in line waiting for the same offer.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

Interview Details – After being contacted by headhunter, I interviewed with Inside Sales Manager and then sponsor team. I misjudged the importance of the sponsor team, as it turns out they would be the deciders, not the manager who would be my boss. The salary of the job would be €65k On Target Earnings. It would however, have required a move to Dublin.

Interview Question – What is the toughest challenge you went through?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got hired after 2 interviews.

1st interview we talked about my resume and they made me sell a product.
 2nd same as first interview except that there where 2 managers to talk to.

Negotiation Details – relocation package is important for me.

Inside Sales

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was an employee at the time. I was recommended for and got an interview in another division where I had excellent experience. As often happens at IBM, they were just going through the motions of interviewing people and had already decided on who they wanted. The manager was not paying attention and was distracted. He had no intention of even giving me a chance.

Interview Questions

• He asked me to summarize my sales experience.   View Answer
  • What kind of Outside sales experience do you have?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Inside Sales interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.