IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015
Updated Apr 6, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week later requesting an interview. The week after the interview a representative from HR contacted me to fill out a formal application and to fill out a form with the amount of college credits I had completed to help them figure a salary. It has been a week since those forms were filled out. No official offer yet, but I'm hoping that will be the next step.

As for the interview, it was very laid back. The interviewer described the job and what was expected of the intern. It was more of a conversation than the typical question/answer interview. A few personality and technical questions were asked but not many.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied through my university's database and began the interview process a couple weeks later. I really enjoyed everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me. However, the overall process was unorganized and the information I received was inconsistent. After much confusion and wasted time, I ended up receiving a good job offer. I would still say that I didn't have a negative experience though because I do believe that everyone tried their best to be helpful and nice. I declined because I ended up receiving a better offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair.
    He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your analytical skill
      What do you know about IBM?
      what field is your interest?
      Describe your projects

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, there might have been a gpa requirement. Took almost a month before receiving a call for interview.had interviews, was pretty standard like any other software engineer internship interview, just read the standard prep books. It should be pretty easy, but should probably review basic widely seen algorithms

Better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email after 2 weeks. Had to interview that very week. Everyone is very kind and nice :) First part was behavioral and mostly went into details of my projects. Next was a technical interview where I was asked questions in Java (OCJP type questions). Then after about 2 or 3 weeks there was an interview with the manager which was behavioral again. Lastly after another 2-3 weeks I had to give the IBM online assessment which is a little tough because of the time limits but it went well. Process is long but pretty easy I would say. IMO they sort you out based on your profile and if they're confident that you are a good fit the interviews are quite easy. If you are good don't be afraid to negotiate but do not push too hard :)

Interview Questions

• What are generics in Java, use of protected modifier, final classes etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my College and was contacted next day, set up a call for later that week and the phone interview went well. Pretty standard behavioral questions, helped that I knew about some current projects and about the company in general.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, the interviewer is there to see what you know so there will be some thought provoking questions, the interview process is not over yet so im putting down that there was no offer but I fully expect one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

IBM sent a senior hiring manager to a collective interview even that my program was hosting. They interviewed with all of the relevant students that were available in order to get a good feel for who was going to be a good fit. They knew that the program we are a part of was already giving us the technical competency to compete for the positions and so the interview was primarily based on how we would fit within the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not very technical, as it was more of a personality interview. The hardest question was "What is a challenge that you have faced in the past and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was referred by a family friend when they had an opening for a summer intern. Because I was referred, I guess I skipped the initial HR inspection and went straight to the interviews. I had a first round chat with the team manager, who simply talked about the team and the project they work on and asked about me and what I was looking for. He was very polite and enjoyable to talk to. After the interview, he emailed me about 1-2 weeks later with an update that he had OK'd me for the next round and I was passed on to someone else on his team.

The second interview was more of a struggle, though it wasn't meant to be. I personally just have a hard time talking about myself, and that's what this interview consisted of. Additionally the team member brought along another team member without giving any prior notice so I was caught off guard and felt more uncomfortable at being on speakerphone. However, as far as intern interviews go, I think IBM is among the easier interviews as there were no technical questions. Both interviews were about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project of yours and include specifics about the classes and data structures that you used.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interview

Interviews with the team, 3 separate calls from people in different locations, casual conversation about work ethic and portfolio and processes in developing designs. Helped to give them a story of how and why you ended up where you are.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Received a call from a hiring manager asking for an interview. Arrived on site and interviewed with three different managers all wanting an interview. Interview was pretty standard questions about school work and class projects. Nothing really technical was covered which I didn't expect.

Was then directed to take an online aptitude test.