IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Its good intefview with some tech questions and behavioral interview. Good experience and easy questions. Strengths and weakness and difficult situation and your team spirit. Overall its some tech questions on Java, OOPS and networking and some HR questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty smooth; just a few phone calls (~3). There were a lot of group calls/screenings to figure out what project they wanted me to work on. Apparently they felt my resume was strong enough that they didn't really need to test me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy - just asking a lot about what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week later requesting an interview. The week after the interview a representative from HR contacted me to fill out a formal application and to fill out a form with the amount of college credits I had completed to help them figure a salary. It has been a week since those forms were filled out. No official offer yet, but I'm hoping that will be the next step. As for the interview, it was very laid back. The interviewer described the job and what was expected of the intern. It was more of a conversation than the typical question/answer interview. A few personality and technical questions were asked but not many.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied through my university's database and began the interview process a couple weeks later. I really enjoyed everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me. However, the overall process was unorganized and the information I received was inconsistent. After much confusion and wasted time, I ended up receiving a good job offer. I would still say that I didn't have a negative experience though because I do believe that everyone tried their best to be helpful and nice. I declined because I ended up receiving a better offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2015.

Interview

My interview experience wasn't intense at all compared to most other consulting firms. It consisted of a behavioral and a case. Both interviewers were very friendly, though they were typing or writing most of the way throughout the interview. Company is old, so their process might not be as dynamic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair. He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your analytical skill What do you know about IBM? what field is your interest? Describe your projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. The usualy coding interview, along with background of what I knew and waht I should have known. The coding was easier than expected, and focused more on paired programming than on actual skills. Otherwise, it was the usual personality interviews and meeting with management. There ended up being a total of 11 peopl ewho talked to me at some point.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with TDD.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, there might have been a gpa requirement. Took almost a month before receiving a call for interview.had interviews, was pretty standard like any other software engineer internship interview, just read the standard prep books. It should be pretty easy, but should probably review basic widely seen algorithms

Better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email after 2 weeks. Had to interview that very week. Everyone is very kind and nice :) First part was behavioral and mostly went into details of my projects. Next was a technical interview where I was asked questions in Java (OCJP type questions). Then after about 2 or 3 weeks there was an interview with the manager which was behavioral again. Lastly after another 2-3 weeks I had to give the IBM online assessment which is a little tough because of the time limits but it went well. Process is long but pretty easy I would say. IMO they sort you out based on your profile and if they're confident that you are a good fit the interviews are quite easy. If you are good don't be afraid to negotiate but do not push too hard :)

Interview Questions

• What are generics in Java, use of protected modifier, final classes etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview process started with representatives coming to a career fair at my university. It was fairly informal. The first was a day after the career fair and that was a chat about what that employee did at IBM and what an intern might be doing. After that I got a call from a different group that was interested in interviewing me. It was a group interview with everyone that was part of the group (about 4 people). It was again fairly informal, but this one was more focused on the types of work and classes I had done. A couple weeks after that, I was asked to complete an aptitude type test with questions on pattern recognition and basic mathematics word problems. A couple weeks after that, I heard back from them with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about programming that I had done outside of classes.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about programming experience I had in low level C and assembler.   Answer Question