IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview

- Phone Interview (very brief) - HR Interview (Mostly about you and your experience, with a couple of behavioural questions at the end) - Assessment center is a full day. 4 seperate interviews with hiring managers asking behavioural questions around the IBM core values. As well as some psychometric testing and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• I have a scale and 7 balls. 1 ball is heavier than all the rest. How do I determine the heaviest ball with only 3 possible weighing attempts?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Brussels (Belgium)) in June 2010.

Interview

Especially the business case was not very easy. We were put together in a team of 6 and had to solve a business case in 45 minutes (including presentation)

Interview Questions

• Which position do you have in a typical team? (not so hard but the only one I remember :) )   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews . The interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable . Standard questions of Careercup . And nothing of the sort like digging in deep to find new answers to questions . They are pretty happy if you give the correct answer . The work culture is great and compared to other companies where interns are not treated properly , everybody is helpful here . A great place to work .

Interview Questions

• Just when I thought that the nterview process was over , I had a short interview when I joined the company . Although informal but an interview , and one my fellow interns started shivering .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mombasa (Kenya)

Application

I interviewed at IBM (Mombasa (Kenya)) in June 2013.

Interview

Quite fair. Being the first exposure to the STAR method of interview it initially was challenging but the people were great and understanding. The panel gave me enough time to think through what I was saying, were really patient. For an internship position it was a bit more than I expected though, a three people panel was quite a bit too much.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my College and was contacted next day, set up a call for later that week and the phone interview went well. Pretty standard behavioral questions, helped that I knew about some current projects and about the company in general.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, the interviewer is there to see what you know so there will be some thought provoking questions, the interview process is not over yet so im putting down that there was no offer but I fully expect one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair. He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your analytical skill What do you know about IBM? what field is your interest? Describe your projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Troy, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a phone interview. The campus interview was roughly 30 min. We were give a set of data prior to the interview. At the interview we were asked about the data, and what we could infer. In addition, there were skills based questions gauging our understanding of the foundation of electronics. Overall, the interview wasn't to nerve raking, and some of the puzzle questions were actually a bit of fun.

Interview Questions

• A mixture of technical and team work based questions. We were given a set of data, and asked to make sense of it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview process started with representatives coming to a career fair at my university. It was fairly informal. The first was a day after the career fair and that was a chat about what that employee did at IBM and what an intern might be doing. After that I got a call from a different group that was interested in interviewing me. It was a group interview with everyone that was part of the group (about 4 people). It was again fairly informal, but this one was more focused on the types of work and classes I had done. A couple weeks after that, I was asked to complete an aptitude type test with questions on pattern recognition and basic mathematics word problems. A couple weeks after that, I heard back from them with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about programming that I had done outside of classes.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about programming experience I had in low level C and assembler.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Vellore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

first tey conducted written exam consists of 18 question on series .Each question will be of 2 minutes and 30seconds timer is alloted there ,we can use sytem calculator to claculate caluculations,conducted by ipat,second section consits of aptitude covers all models such as time &work,time& distance,profit &loss,simple inrterest and compound interest,averages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, resume questions and behavioral questions. I spoke to the manager and a few people on the team. Nothing technical, they were just trying to get to know me more