IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview

- Phone Interview (very brief)
- HR Interview (Mostly about you and your experience, with a couple of behavioural questions at the end)
- Assessment center is a full day. 4 seperate interviews with hiring managers asking behavioural questions around the IBM core values. As well as some psychometric testing and a group presentation.

Interview Questions

• I have a scale and 7 balls. 1 ball is heavier than all the rest. How do I determine the heaviest ball with only 3 possible weighing attempts?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Brussels (Belgium)) in June 2010.

Interview

Especially the business case was not very easy. We were put together in a team of 6 and had to solve a business case in 45 minutes (including presentation)

Interview Questions

• Which position do you have in a typical team? (not so hard but the only one I remember :) )   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Two interviews . The interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable . Standard questions of Careercup . And nothing of the sort like digging in deep to find new answers to questions . They are pretty happy if you give the correct answer . The work culture is great and compared to other companies where interns are not treated properly , everybody is helpful here . A great place to work .

Interview Questions

• Just when I thought that the nterview process was over , I had a short interview when I joined the company . Although informal but an interview , and one my fellow interns started shivering .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mombasa (Kenya)

Application

interviewed at IBM (Mombasa (Kenya)) in June 2013.

Interview

Quite fair. Being the first exposure to the STAR method of interview it initially was challenging but the people were great and understanding. The panel gave me enough time to think through what I was saying, were really patient. For an internship position it was a bit more than I expected though, a three people panel was quite a bit too much.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my College and was contacted next day, set up a call for later that week and the phone interview went well. Pretty standard behavioral questions, helped that I knew about some current projects and about the company in general.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, the interviewer is there to see what you know so there will be some thought provoking questions, the interview process is not over yet so im putting down that there was no offer but I fully expect one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair.
    He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your analytical skill
      What do you know about IBM?
      what field is your interest?
      Describe your projects

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

IBM sent a senior hiring manager to a collective interview even that my program was hosting. They interviewed with all of the relevant students that were available in order to get a good feel for who was going to be a good fit. They knew that the program we are a part of was already giving us the technical competency to compete for the positions and so the interview was primarily based on how we would fit within the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not very technical, as it was more of a personality interview. The hardest question was "What is a challenge that you have faced in the past and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

2 parts, first was behavioral and second was case. Behavioral super easy. Case a little harder, also nice interviewer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM (Boulder, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. I think the whole process took around 3 weeks. I submitted an application and received a call about two weeks later to interview the next week. I went on site and it was a round table interview with the hiring managers or someone they sent in their place to take notes. Questions were pretty normal. I only had one interview and got a job offer a couple weeks later. The managers just wanted to get a feel for who you were and what you wanted to learn so they could put you in the right department.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. They asked what you knew about IBM and why you wanted to be an intern there. They did ask me to give a 30 second commercial to market myself, but it was pretty much the same as being asked to tell them about yourself. They ask for a strength and a weakness, an example of when a teammate wasn't pulling their weight on a project and how you handled it, and an example of a time you failed and what you learned from it and how you came back from it type thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally dissatisfied with my payment offer, but I countered and they accepted.