IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty smooth; just a few phone calls (~3). There were a lot of group calls/screenings to figure out what project they wanted me to work on. Apparently they felt my resume was strong enough that they didn't really need to test me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy - just asking a lot about what was on my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. The usualy coding interview, along with background of what I knew and waht I should have known. The coding was easier than expected, and focused more on paired programming than on actual skills. Otherwise, it was the usual personality interviews and meeting with management. There ended up being a total of 11 peopl ewho talked to me at some point.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience with TDD.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Its good intefview with some tech questions and behavioral interview. Good experience and easy questions. Strengths and weakness and difficult situation and your team spirit. Overall its some tech questions on Java, OOPS and networking and some HR questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I sent my resume and I received a call from IBM very quickly to schedule an interview the next day, the interview was about 30 minutes, and the two persons I talked to were really nice, while we were talking they explained the position that they have for interns at that time and ask me several questions about me, the languages I speak, and my experience.

Interview Questions

• what do you like from IBM? what do you know about us? why are you interested? what is your experience? what was the most difficult part at your job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Send in cover letter and CV to HR, receive a telephone call to confirm some questions, complete online test, invitation to a one-on-one interview with HR, invitation with Manager. Easy and stress-free interview for university students. If you reach the interview stage with HR, it is very likely that you will progress to the final interview with the Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for IBM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Troy, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

On campus interview followed by a phone interview. The campus interview was roughly 30 min. We were give a set of data prior to the interview. At the interview we were asked about the data, and what we could infer. In addition, there were skills based questions gauging our understanding of the foundation of electronics. Overall, the interview wasn't to nerve raking, and some of the puzzle questions were actually a bit of fun.

Interview Questions

• A mixture of technical and team work based questions. We were given a set of data, and asked to make sense of it.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through college/university. They conducted a Hackathon. A full day event. Candidates were chosen based on the product developed, idea etc. Hackathon was on a smaller scale. It totally depended on what you tried to develop and your approach.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with online application then online assessment. The online assessment comprises of numerical test. Once you pass the test, you will then be invited for a face to face interview with the person who will be your supervisor. Once you pass the interview, you will then be contacted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2015.

Interview

My interview experience wasn't intense at all compared to most other consulting firms. It consisted of a behavioral and a case. Both interviewers were very friendly, though they were typing or writing most of the way throughout the interview. Company is old, so their process might not be as dynamic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

My interview process started with representatives coming to a career fair at my university. It was fairly informal. The first was a day after the career fair and that was a chat about what that employee did at IBM and what an intern might be doing. After that I got a call from a different group that was interested in interviewing me. It was a group interview with everyone that was part of the group (about 4 people). It was again fairly informal, but this one was more focused on the types of work and classes I had done. A couple weeks after that, I was asked to complete an aptitude type test with questions on pattern recognition and basic mathematics word problems. A couple weeks after that, I heard back from them with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about programming that I had done outside of classes.   Answer Question
    • They asked me about programming experience I had in low level C and assembler.   Answer Question