IBM

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Yorktown, NY

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager called me and two staff members interviewed me through phone

Interview Question – They are very nice and the questions are ok to answer. Not a lot trouble.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. more than happy to accept. it's IBM research.

Littleton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview screening

Interview Question – Asked about testing and just checked about a overall understaning of CS and questions on the resume   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – In the phone interview we discovered I wouldn't be a good fit.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult challenge you faced in your last job?   Answer Question

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online to a posting that I saw on the IBM careers page; I filled everything out and uploaded a resume. Because I do not live in the state in which I applied for, I received a call from the manager I would report to and set up a telephone interview. The interview, itself, lasted about an hour and included a range of questions (he was required to ask a set given by IBM, but others were more job specific to the position I applied for). He let me know that I fit the mold they were looking for and I would hear back within a few days. He called, a few days later, while I was sitting in my accounting class and left a voicemail letting me know he recommended that HR proceed with the hiring process. HR emailed me, about a week later, with a link to a more in-depth job application and a link to IBM's intelligence test, the IPATO. After completing these online the night I received them, I got a call from the HR recruiter a week later letting me know that my offer was approved and I would be getting an email shortly. Hours later, I received the email with an attachment inviting me to join their team (it also gave details with pay, etc). I accepted via email and start once this semester ends.

Interview Question – So tell me, what would you bring to our team that others might not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiating among the recruiter and I. After waiting weeks, they send you a final offer with everything listed in a PDF file; from here, you either accept or reject.

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details – very simple phone interview. asked me a few questions regarding my interest and if i knew the difference between business to business marketing and business to consumer marketing. basically just show that u are interested in the job and you are willing to work hard.

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Question – Tell us a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Written test(aptitude with Logical). Shortlisted students gave C Aptitude test, followed by two technical round and one hr round

Interview Question – Questions related to embedded system   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Interview Details – preliminary round included math and java questions

Interview Question – java library based questions were difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – i was called by someone from HR to go for the aptitude test which was a little challenging but manageable. after a week i was texted that i passed the aptitude test and invited for the oral interview where you are asked to describe yourself and why you think you are best fit for the job. the people are great and they make you feel at ease

Interview Question – difficult question was how do i fit in the global IBM image   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – After applying, you are sent a link to an online reasoning exam (IPAT Online) consisting of two sections: number series and arithmetical problems. The number series is relatively similar to the online training posted by some of the banks (Morgan Stanley has something of this sort on their website). If your results are good enough, your CV is then going to be evaluated and you will be called to an assessment center.

Interview Question – Cannot disclose as it was part of the online agreement I signed when taking the IPAT test.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM