IBM

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online and one on-site interview with hiring manager as well as mentor.
Questions about your experiences.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – I applied through school career website and got an interview a few days later.

Interview Question – Nothing special. But they were looking for computer science and material science majors so it was not a good fit for both of us.   Answer Question

Yorktown, NY

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring manager called me and two staff members interviewed me through phone

Interview Question – They are very nice and the questions are ok to answer. Not a lot trouble.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. more than happy to accept. it's IBM research.

Littleton, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview screening

Interview Question – Asked about testing and just checked about a overall understaning of CS and questions on the resume   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Interview Details – In the phone interview we discovered I wouldn't be a good fit.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult challenge you faced in your last job?   Answer Question

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online to a posting that I saw on the IBM careers page; I filled everything out and uploaded a resume. Because I do not live in the state in which I applied for, I received a call from the manager I would report to and set up a telephone interview. The interview, itself, lasted about an hour and included a range of questions (he was required to ask a set given by IBM, but others were more job specific to the position I applied for). He let me know that I fit the mold they were looking for and I would hear back within a few days. He called, a few days later, while I was sitting in my accounting class and left a voicemail letting me know he recommended that HR proceed with the hiring process. HR emailed me, about a week later, with a link to a more in-depth job application and a link to IBM's intelligence test, the IPATO. After completing these online the night I received them, I got a call from the HR recruiter a week later letting me know that my offer was approved and I would be getting an email shortly. Hours later, I received the email with an attachment inviting me to join their team (it also gave details with pay, etc). I accepted via email and start once this semester ends.

Interview Question – So tell me, what would you bring to our team that others might not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiating among the recruiter and I. After waiting weeks, they send you a final offer with everything listed in a PDF file; from here, you either accept or reject.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview Details – general aptitude followed by technical round then telephonic interview

Interview Question – all are simple questions mainly based on strings like string expansion,palindromes etc   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Interview Details – very simple phone interview. asked me a few questions regarding my interest and if i knew the difference between business to business marketing and business to consumer marketing. basically just show that u are interested in the job and you are willing to work hard.

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Question – Tell us a joke.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Written test(aptitude with Logical). Shortlisted students gave C Aptitude test, followed by two technical round and one hr round

Interview Question – Questions related to embedded system   Answer Question