IBM

Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2010.

I applied online to a posting that I saw on the IBM careers page; I filled everything out and uploaded a resume. Because I do not live in the state in which I applied for, I received a call from the manager I would report to and set up a telephone interview. The interview, itself, lasted about an hour and included a range of questions (he was required to ask a set given by IBM, but others were more job specific to the position I applied for). He let me know that I fit the mold they were looking for and I would hear back within a few days. He called, a few days later, while I was sitting in my accounting class and left a voicemail letting me know he recommended that HR proceed with the hiring process. HR emailed me, about a week later, with a link to a more in-depth job application and a link to IBM's intelligence test, the IPATO. After completing these online the night I received them, I got a call from the HR recruiter a week later letting me know that my offer was approved and I would be getting an email shortly. Hours later, I received the email with an attachment inviting me to join their team (it also gave details with pay, etc). I accepted via email and start once this semester ends.

Interview Questions
  • So tell me, what would you bring to our team that others might not?   Answer Question
There was not any negotiating among the recruiter and I. After waiting weeks, they send you a final offer with everything listed in a PDF file; from here, you either accept or reject.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Asked about what I knew about IBM'S competitors, details of my college major, how much I used Social Media and my computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • What drives you? What would a professor say was his or her reason for not liking you as a student?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2014.

Applied online. I was contacted to ask about what I needed to do in my internship and to do an online assessment test. About two weeks later I was contacted for a group interview. Managers spoke about the company and then we were separated in groups and were asked to introduce ourselves and to do a group task. I was contacted via phone in the same day.

Intern Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview, aptitude test, manager interview, same questions repeated by all the panels . It wasn't very difficult but you should understand the basics well. They'll ask about ur other interests n all

very simple

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Position in Rome, Technical position. Firstly, i have a logical test online then i was called for interview in Rome. The Interview was very simple, just a couple of question about my study. No English test.

i prefer other option

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

general aptitude followed by technical round then telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • all are simple questions mainly based on strings like string expansion,palindromes etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Questions
    Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Intern Interview

Written test(aptitude with Logical). Shortlisted students gave C Aptitude test, followed by two technical round and one hr round

Intern Interview

i was called by someone from HR to go for the aptitude test which was a little challenging but manageable. after a week i was texted that i passed the aptitude test and invited for the oral interview where you are asked to describe yourself and why you think you are best fit for the job. the people are great and they make you feel at ease

Interview Questions
    • difficult question was how do i fit in the global IBM image   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

After applying, you are sent a link to an online reasoning exam (IPAT Online) consisting of two sections: number series and arithmetical problems. The number series is relatively similar to the online training posted by some of the banks (Morgan Stanley has something of this sort on their website). If your results are good enough, your CV is then going to be evaluated and you will be called to an assessment center.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot disclose as it was part of the online agreement I signed when taking the IPAT test.   Answer Question