IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2014

2.7

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mombasa (Kenya)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mombasa (Kenya)

interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Quite fair. Being the first exposure to the STAR method of interview it initially was challenging but the people were great and understanding. The panel gave me enough time to think through what I was saying, were really patient. For an internship position it was a bit more than I expected though, a three people panel was quite a bit too much.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

preliminary round included math and java questions

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Applied online and about a month and a half later heard back about wanting to speak more about my application. First interview was over the phone and not so formal - got to learn about the position and company a little more. Second interview was more formal - was asked to talk about myself and my related experience; strengths, weaknesses; other typical interview questions. Got offered the position within the same week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2013.

Two interviews . The interviewer tried his best to make me feel comfortable . Standard questions of Careercup . And nothing of the sort like digging in deep to find new answers to questions . They are pretty happy if you give the correct answer . The work culture is great and compared to other companies where interns are not treated properly , everybody is helpful here . A great place to work .

Interview Questions
    • Just when I thought that the nterview process was over , I had a short interview when I joined the company . Although informal but an interview , and one my fellow interns started shivering .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2013.

very simple phone interview. asked me a few questions regarding my interest and if i knew the difference between business to business marketing and business to consumer marketing. basically just show that u are interested in the job and you are willing to work hard.

Intern Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Applied through their official online career website for a generic software engineering intern position. Was contacted about a month later by who would later be my first-line manager via email. Set up an in-person interview and met with the aforementioned manager on that day. Discussed my previous work experience and what I would like to do post-graduation. He then brought me around part of the office to 2 different software engineer's offices to discuss more technical details. Discussed more technical projects I've worked on and what classes I have taken so far and what I still have to take to get my degree.

No technical questions were asked by anyone. It took about 4 weeks after my interview to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a hard task you were given in your previous job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate, did not feel like it was acceptable to do so as an intern.

Intern Interview

two telephonic interviews. resume review was done followed by questions on data structures, databases and coding algorithms. applied through their job portal. interview process took 3 weeks. work location was Kansas. questions about various projects in the resume were touched.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Friendly enough - asked mostly about interests. Asked a few situational questions. No weird ones at all, and just a couple of the situational ones. Examples: When have I managed a task that I am proud of; describe the experience? What is a class in school that I particularly liked and why?

Interview Questions
    • When have I managed a task or situation, and describe   View Answer
    • What is an achievement that I am particularly proud of; why?   View Answers (2)
    • What was a major-related course I took that I particularly enjoyed? Describe.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fangshan, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fangshan, Beijing (China)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in November 2011.

Just ask some questions about my previous projects, and talk about the project I am going to deal with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Phone interview. Simple questions

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. Not sure if there were even technical questions.   Answer Question