IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.7

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Especially the business case was not very easy. We were put together in a team of 6 and had to solve a business case in 45 minutes (including presentation)

Interview Questions
  • Which position do you have in a typical team? (not so hard but the only one I remember :) )   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Applied through university .. they called for one intern position later they interviewed for another position too.. i accepted one... just basic questions about the projects which were there in resume and about basic mos n digital questions

Interview Questions
    • Interview was smooth and basic as it was for internship   Answer Question
    not negotiated

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

they email me first. set up a phone interview, 5 people ask lots of questions. both architecture, algorithm. The interview is 3pm est, I thought it was 3pm local time. It was unexpected. Not that hard, but seems the position doesn't fit me well.

Interview Questions
    • different between linklist and arraylist   View Answer

Intern Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I sent my CV for a position of intern in Business Performance Services, it's like internal consulting, as they don't hire other consulting firms. I had 3 1:1 interviews. They went through my CV and asked questions: case (estimate market of office buildings in Moscow; explain why company has decreasing income, while number of clients is growing (company is of course IT)), some simple problems on probability with coins.

Interview Questions
    • What is the least square where you can play sea battle? It is a game with 2 players and sea is represented by large square and ships of different sizes by different number of little squares   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

The interview is mainly on my research experience. I introduced my previous research project experience. And the interviewer asked a lot of details, ranging from idea, architecture, implementation to experimental results. The interviewer introduced their proposed project and the responsibility in finishing this project. Overall, the interview is very pleasant.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Went through initial phone screening and was then asked to come into central office for interview. Interview consisted of one case and one behaivoral interview. The case was very straight forward and went smoothely

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to help a client but the client refused to give you any information.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2008.

the interview process took about 3 weeks in all. It consisted of an online numeric and personality test, group excerises and a business interview. Thoughout the process staff were very friendly, open and honest. The experience didn't feel as though I was competing, but as though I was working in a team to a result. The office were professional and theprocess was very straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • what type of company I wanted to work for   View Answer
    I was able to negoitate, the hiring manage and my eventual supervisor really wanted to make the role fit for me and use my skills and abilities to the most which is good. They were fexilbe and I had to comprise very little.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

- Phone Interview (very brief)
    - HR Interview (Mostly about you and your experience, with a couple of behavioural questions at the end)
    - Assessment center is a full day. 4 seperate interviews with hiring managers asking behavioural questions around the IBM core values. As well as some psychometric testing and a group presentation.

Interview Questions
    • I have a scale and 7 balls. 1 ball is heavier than all the rest. How do I determine the heaviest ball with only 3 possible weighing attempts?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Applied online and got an interview with the team lead. I was called back the next week and scheduled an interview with the service line lead. They said they would follow up in 5 days, it's now been several weeks and they have not responded to my inquiries. I guess no offer.