IBM

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2013.

Interview Details – After a few exchange of emails about my profile and work interest, I received a phone call from the Project Manager. I was asked about my previous work experience and current academic status and interests. A skype interview was scheduled later a week later. It was a 45 min skype interview. Few simple concepts of object oriented programming were asked. Then I was asked to code a solution to the question : "Given a sentence and a set of words, how do you find out if the given sentence can be formed using the given set of words?". I was asked to email the complete code that I verbally solved over the skype call.

Interview Question – Interview was fairly simple, and I was interviewed on my coding skills. Hence there was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2013.

Interview Details – Had a 45min phone screen followed by a 45 min technical interview over the phone about a month later.

Interview Question – Interview asked about basic concepts such as encapsulation, classes, concurrency   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I sent my application through my school's career center.

1. One on One on-site interview at my school. This interview was entirely behavioral based . Basically, they just want to know what you're interested in.

2. I was contacted by a specific manager in the field that I indicated I was interested in. One on One phone interview that was mainly behavioral and we discussed my past experiences.

3. One on one technical interview with a member of the team I would be working with. This was a technical interview, but was only really about the general concepts of Java and OO. No algorithm problems.

Overall a pretty easy interview process. I do not like the location they are in though.

Interview Question – Some multithreading in Java.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offers, low pay.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.

Interview Details – very positive and promotive process from the manager.
easier than anyone can thought. no technical questions were asked.
only went though whatever I wrote on my resume

Interview Question – there was no unexpected questions ask by the manager interviewed me.   Answer Question

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – The hiring process was very fast. I applied online and got invited to do the IPAT test 2 days after. 2 days after the IPAT test I got an email for an interview onsite. 3 days later got a phone interview.

Interview Question – give an example of how you solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Intern Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.