IBM Intern Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (121)
- Consultant (71)
- IT Specialist (55)
- Software Developer (49)
- Senior Consultant (46)
- Financial Analyst (46)
- Intern (45)
- Project Manager (41)
- Managing Consultant (39)
- Associate Systems Engineer (34)
- Senior Software Engineer (29)
- Business Analyst (28)
- Systems Engineer (27)
- Sales Specialist (25)
- Engineering (22)
- SAP Consultant (22)
- Applications Developer (20)
- Technical Support Engineer (18)
- Systems Administrator (16)
- IT Consultant (16)
- Engineer (16)
- Sales (14)
- Senior Systems Engineer (14)
- Sales Representative (14)
- Senior Project Manager (13)
- Staff Software Engineer (13)
- Senior Managing Consultant (12)
- Advisory Software Engineer (12)
- Marketing Manager (11)
- Software Engineer Intern (11)
Intern Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2013.
Interview Details – After a few exchange of emails about my profile and work interest, I received a phone call from the Project Manager. I was asked about my previous work experience and current academic status and interests. A skype interview was scheduled later a week later. It was a 45 min skype interview. Few simple concepts of object oriented programming were asked. Then I was asked to code a solution to the question : "Given a sentence and a set of words, how do you find out if the given sentence can be formed using the given set of words?". I was asked to email the complete code that I verbally solved over the skype call.
Interview Question – Interview was fairly simple, and I was interviewed on my coding skills. Hence there was nothing difficult or unexpected. Answer Question
Software Developer Intern Interview (Neutral Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2013.
Interview Details – Had a 45min phone screen followed by a 45 min technical interview over the phone about a month later.
Interview Question – Interview asked about basic concepts such as encapsulation, classes, concurrency Answer Question
Very Easy Interview
Software Development Intern Interview (Positive Experience; Very Easy Interview)
I applied online and interviewed at IBM.
Interview Details – I sent my application through my school's career center.
1. One on One on-site interview at my school. This interview was entirely behavioral based . Basically, they just want to know what you're interested in.
2. I was contacted by a specific manager in the field that I indicated I was interested in. One on One phone interview that was mainly behavioral and we discussed my past experiences.
3. One on one technical interview with a member of the team I would be working with. This was a technical interview, but was only really about the general concepts of Java and OO. No algorithm problems.
Overall a pretty easy interview process. I do not like the location they are in though.
Interview Question – Some multithreading in Java. Answer Question
Reason for Declining – Other offers, low pay.
Intern Software Developer Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2010.
Interview Details – very positive and promotive process from the manager.
easier than anyone can thought. no technical questions were asked.
only went though whatever I wrote on my resume
Interview Question – there was no unexpected questions ask by the manager interviewed me. Answer Question
Intern Software Developer Interview (Neutral Experience)
Interviewed at IBM
Interview Details – The hiring process was very fast. I applied online and got invited to do the IPAT test 2 days after. 2 days after the IPAT test I got an email for an interview onsite. 3 days later got a phone interview.
Interview Question – give an example of how you solve a difficult problem. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM