IBM

Updated Dec 15, 2014
2,321 Interview Reviews

2.8

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I interviewed at my college's career center. I interviewed with 3 people back to back for 30 mins each. One case interview, two more behavioral interviews. Only one round! I got a phone call a couple of weeks later letting me know that they were going to offer me a job, and got the official offer letter a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview wasn't too bad, was asked about experience in other countries, what I learned from being abroad   Answer Question
    It was my best offer so I did not try to negotiate

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Started out very professional, did a series of phone interviews, then it got a little strange when I went into the office for a round of in-person interviews. I met with a group of people who seemed more interested in chatting amongst themselves about facebook posts then actually interviewing me. They asked questions not relevant to the job description which threw me off. Though this may not have been their fault as I think there was some miscommunication about the role's expectations in that specific division. I got the impression I was their first interview, which didn't bode well for me. I came in prepared to discuss a website redesign project as per my previous phone conversations. When I brought this up to the group they didn't even think the redesign was happening. They were nice enough but didn't seem to know what to ask - there was clearly a disconnect between them and the other people I'd spoken to over the phone - and since I'd prepared a whole proposal about optimizing their new site, I was at a loss too. I also interviewed with another individual who seemed rushed and frazzled and answered my questions with vague responses. He was clearly not prepared or all that interested in conducting an interview. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Waste of time. Not that I would have taken the job, but no one ever followed-up not even to thank me for my time or tell me they'd filled the position. I expected more from IBM.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

One interview, with two other software engineers. Very basic interview, just asked questions about my resume. They asked really in depth questions about projects on my resume, much deeper than I needed to know for the scope of my project.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project on your resume. They will then poke at it with a million questions, some of which you probably will not know how to answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2014.

I applied through an employee referral for an entry level software engineer as I am a new BS graduate. I interviewed with IBM tea leaf in SFO after an initial phone interview for about 20 mins. The phone interview was very casual asking questions about your background and some OOP concepts. A week later I was invited onsite scheduled to interview with 6 people - developers, QA and director. Some of my interviewers didn't show up to work and in order to replace them some other random people interviewed me and it was a little disorganized.
     Questions were mainly about my background, resume, and projects etc. They grilled me on each and every project/work experience on my resume and asked me questions on how I did whatever I did. I was asked a few technical questions here and there but no extensive whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions
    • write pseudo code to add a node to a singly linked list   Answer Question
    • have you ever used exception handling in your projects? any OOP concepts?   Answer Question
    • how did the frontend connect with your backend in your project? How do you parse a JSON object?   Answer Question
    • What is the most efficient sorting algorithm? What is its runtime?   View Answer
    • how do you check if a number is odd or even?   View Answers (2)

Summit IT Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in December 2014.

Interview process starts with an email asking about availability. Then you complete a behavioral interview about projects, coursework and hobbies. About 3 weeks later second interview about hobbies, programming languages, availability.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do when you graduate and explain how it can help IBM.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I interviewed through college recruiting. Only one round of interviews, format of one case and 2 behaviorals, half hour each. It was pretty simple, seemed like they were looking for good personality and passion rather than case expertise like most consulting firms. They want people who understand IBM's mission for cloud, mobile, social and analytics so be sure to convey your interest in those areas.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I received an interview after my college job fair. It was two 1:1 interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. Interview questions were very basic and a lot of the time was spent going over my resume. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. It has been about 8 weeks now and I have still not heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when.......
      What would you do if.....

Answer Question

Software DeveloperProject Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I had two round phone interviews.One is from a colleague in IBM,the second is from the team manager. Later they sent me an email to invite me to meet the whole team in their workspace.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. No technical tests, but some general questions about your experience and teamwork.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Systems Tester (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

The process was fairly straightforward, as I was being hired as a co-op from my university. I emailed my resume and application to the co-op admin, and was given an interview the following week. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly about project and technical experience. The questions were of the STAR variety, and they were mostly looking for a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • None, but the questions are easy to give only a short answer on, be sure to give full, thorough answers and really highlight your strengths.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations allowed