IBM

Updated Mar 2, 2015
2,444 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Technical round was pretty simple. Basically a phone call interview with a website where they could see what code i was writing. The program they told me to write was pretty simple.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied through my university's database and began the interview process a couple weeks later. I really enjoyed everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me. However, the overall process was unorganized and the information I received was inconsistent. After much confusion and wasted time, I ended up receiving a good job offer. I would still say that I didn't have a negative experience though because I do believe that everyone tried their best to be helpful and nice. I declined because I ended up receiving a better offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.

Anonymous White Collar Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Phone screen with Human Resources who had a friendly demeanor. I asked most of the questions and tied in my background. Then phone screen with line/hiring manager. Thus far, in 50% of my contact with the firm, there was some kind of negative response for asking important questions. Culturally- this may work better for people who don't think for themselves. That surprised me at first.

Interview Questions
    • I asked most of the questions. The hiring manager brought up some scheduling issues which could be a downside to the role.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

They sent me an email and schedule a phone call interview, and it took about half an hour for the interview, some basic resume questions and ask me to describe the most impressing projects that have ever done, and then some questions on the projects that they will do.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce the project that will be working on, and also some system design stuff   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

standard sales strategy questions. college hire type questions so need to show you have a basic understanding on how corporate america works. will ask about internships/work experience. how you team with others, problem solving strategies, where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years. Overall experience was decent. first met had a phone interview, then flew to location and had an interview with 5-6 managers. each with different questions. all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • - goals
      accomplishments
      where do you want to be in 5 years

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

After the phone screening and coding challenge there is the on site interview. It takes 3-4 hours during which you meet the entire project team. Some may ask technical questions, but generally they ask behavioral questions.

Transition Executive, IBM Global Services Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

An IBM executive recruiter called me after being referred to me by a current IBM executive. We had one phone interview and exchanged several emails before and after the interview. He was professional and very direct - no sugar coating.

Interview Questions
    • The IBM executive recruiter had reviewed my resume on LinkedIn before our call in some detail. He began by asking for clarification on previous roles and job titles - digging deep with a critical eye. He asked me to provide examples from 3 account transitions that I'd led and wanted to know size/scale/scope/timeline of each. For example, who was the client/what industry, how large was the deal ($M), what did it entail, how long was the transition timeline, what was your role exactly (reporting structure, level of authority...), how large was the team, how was the transition team structured, how was your performance measured, what hardware/software/network/resources/etc was being transitioned (counts, geographies...), how was the success of the program measured, what governance mechanisms were in place, level of client interaction and at what level... He wanted to know everything and was adept at spotting any weak areas and asking a lot of follow on questions. He was incredibly thorough and clearly a tough gate-keeper in the recruiting process. It was the toughest interview I've had in 20 years in this industry - but entirely professional. He was good.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair.
    He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your analytical skill
      What do you know about IBM?
      what field is your interest?
      Describe your projects

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied for the position of "Senior Software Engineer" on IBM's career website. Got a phone interview call after month. After the phone interview, received an onsite interview email after one month further. Interview was very easy, nothing difficult, basic behavioural questions. However when I received the offer, I saw that the job title got changed and they removed the word "Senior" from the job title. After analyzing the offer thoroughly with the benefits details, I realized that it is not competitive with respect to the market. Hence I decided to decline it.

Interview Questions

job title got changed in the offer