IBM

Updated Jan 25, 2015
2,389 Interview Reviews

2.8

Public Sectior Analytics Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Submit an online application through their Jobnet portal. Make sure to read all the criteria in the job description because the automatic system could weed you out easily if you are willing to travel 4 days but have a preference to travel 3 days. After I submitted the application I heard back with in a week then had 3 rounds of interviews in the same day on after another. Then I heard back that Friday.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really have any difficult questions. They were pretty generic and there was a case.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

3 part interview: (1) case and (2) behavioral. Behavioral interviews are straightforward. Case interview is set-up to be easy. Make sure to ask pertinent questions while solving the case. Company tends to focus on fit, so the behavioral interviews are more favored.

Intern Interview

Applied online, there might have been a gpa requirement. Took almost a month before receiving a call for interview.had interviews, was pretty standard like any other software engineer internship interview, just read the standard prep books. It should be pretty easy, but should probably review basic widely seen algorithms

Better offer elsewhere

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

My interview and hiring process was 16 plus years ago and I was an experience hire. The process has changed and is more rigourus and relies a lot on recommendations.

Simple, IBM offered a competitive package

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Applied online and the team member contacted me after like a month through email. We set up a time for a technical interview. He was 30 mins late for the interview. Interview went good, but never got a response from them after that.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Sort the integers in an array
      2) Design an elevator system
      3) Some question involving linkedlist and hash table.

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

On Campus screening. Then there was an Interview with a hiring manager. After speaking with a hiring manager, if there was chemistry and an interest between both parties, an offer letter was sent out within the week. All interviews were technical. Two on campus interviews and one phone interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Given a level of a tree (level k) , print all of nodes at that level.   Answer Question

Big Data Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

The process wasn't tough. They basic questions about Big Data and that was it. To be honest I didn't expect it to be so easy. First was an HR phone round. Then my to-be (now) manager spoke on the phone and asked me about my goals - short term and long term. Then there was a technical round. They gave me a test to complete on their tool. The test was easy. Main thing was this test where they wanted to test whether I can work with their tool or not. Once this was done, I was invited on-site and made to interact with the team and they asked some technical questions. That was it.

Scrum Master Interview

Simple and was not that professional. Process by itself didn't take much time as I was already a contractor. Need to do lots of salary negotiations. Process took long time and as its a big company. Benefits are good...but negotiation is important.

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I am currently waiting to hear back from IBM to have a 3rd round interview with an IBM office. So far, this process has been very enjoyable. Every person I have spoken with has been great and very helpful. I had a first round on my college campus, and a second round over the phone. My only complaint so far has been the time it takes for this interview process to move along.

Interview Questions
    • Name three things that you IBM has done in the last few months that you think are great ideas, and three things you think they have done that are bad ideas.   View Answer

Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Got invited to an Assesment Day after having applied to the position online. The Assesment Day was a very warm and comfortable experience, however somewhat challenging, naturally. The Assessment Day consisted of three different parts (these do not always remain the same) as I've understood. I felt it was a lot about getting the right personality rather than getting the applicant with the most matching background, which I found very modern and smart.