IBM

2.8

Software DeveloperProject Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I had two round phone interviews.One is from a colleague in IBM,the second is from the team manager. Later they sent me an email to invite me to meet the whole team in their workspace.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. No technical tests, but some general questions about your experience and teamwork.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I interviewed through college recruiting. Only one round of interviews, format of one case and 2 behaviorals, half hour each. It was pretty simple, seemed like they were looking for good personality and passion rather than case expertise like most consulting firms. They want people who understand IBM's mission for cloud, mobile, social and analytics so be sure to convey your interest in those areas.

Financial Analyst Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Systems Tester (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

The process was fairly straightforward, as I was being hired as a co-op from my university. I emailed my resume and application to the co-op admin, and was given an interview the following week. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly about project and technical experience. The questions were of the STAR variety, and they were mostly looking for a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • None, but the questions are easy to give only a short answer on, be sure to give full, thorough answers and really highlight your strengths.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations allowed

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

Initial interview with the recruiter was a horrific experience. The recruiter could not stick with his schedule appointments and left me hanging many times. I quit trying because that's not the type of business I'm going to deal with - I'm sure this is a group-by-group basis, I just happened to connect with one of the worst. Blah

Senior Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

phone screen followed by in person interview and oral presentation. It took over a month to complete the interview as there was repeated rescheduling and my availability for interview trip

IBM Delivery Project Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

After application had to sit through a screening interview. Once on shortlist had an interview with hiring manager and HR. After passing this interview there was a peer evaluated interview with several other senior team members. Then there was a final follow up meeting whereby the offer was presented and there were two days to negotiate benefits and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you get this job with virtually no IT experience when I have 5 other applicants with 10+ years experience?   View Answer
    Was not in a position to negotiate strongly as I was unproven in a role that had a fair amount of competition bidding on it. Now established there is much more opportunity to grow.

Market Segment Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Generally you need to know people inside IBM to get an interview unless you are a college hire. If you have to inside contacts it is not as hard, it often takes a long time for them to finalize hiring. It is rare for them to have external openings for experienced professionals outside of contract positions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult or unexpected question you faced?   View Answer
    They did not give much in negotiations. They offered a slight increase over what I had been making and nothing else.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview was rather interestingly formatted. It was 1.5 hours total but had three 30-minute smaller interview components back-to-back-to-back: 1 case interview; 1 technical interview; 1 behavioural interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward in that you are hypothetically put in a business situation and have to resolve some issue. The technical interview was also fairly easy but contingent on the nature of the consulting position you apply for (strong likelihood of the interviewer asking coding questions and/or small calculations). The behavioural interview is the easiest - just make sure you're good at talking about yourself!

Interview Questions
    • What's the smartest decision you've ever made in your life?   Answer Question

Global Business Services Commercial Sector Business Analytics Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

3 consecutive 30-minute on-campus interviews. 2 fit/behavioral and 1 case interview. Some of the interviewers were easy-going and made you feel comfortable. Some were more serious and would criticize your answers. The case study was tough because I had an interviewer with a thick accent and couldn't understand his responses to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle someone on your project team who isn't putting in enough effort?   Answer Question