IBM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
2,752 Interview Reviews

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was really easy, nothing exceeds my expectation. It was pretty smooth and relaxing. Give an example of a time you successfully worked on a team.What major challenges and problems did you face?

Interview Questions

• What would your past managers say about you?
      If you had questions that no one had answers to, how would you handle it?

GBS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Went through University recruitment process. The process included submitting a transcript and cover letter; after making it through the first screen, I got selected for the round of on-campus interviews. Unlike many other firms, I only had one round of interviews. The interview consisted of one case interview (but they basically held my hand the entire way) and one fit interview. Very friendly and very straightforward.

Marketing Interview

Interview

It was a group interview that the manager grouped us in a team of five and then assigned us a case study. After 30 minutes group discussion, every team came up with an idea and gave a 15-min presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is your most recent work experience?
      Are you a leader in your team?

IT Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Pretty informal chat.
    For the most part, we covered my resume.
    There was little/nothing in the way of technical questions - no 'quizzes' to solve.
    At the end of the interview, I was brought to meet the team.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with databases?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Did you consider yourself the best programmer in your class?

I/T Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

4 calls with various managers to determine technical skill level as well as personality and logic skills. All calls about an hour or so long. The interview is difficult but as long as you know some basic programming and are personable you should advance to the next step.

Director of Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Somers, NY).

Interview

The desire for executive position was several years before making the move. Developed executive sponsors and mentors. Took a 2nd line manager position for 6 months under the advice of my VP. Finally met and presented to Several VPs reviewing my qualifications and skills, then presented to the General Manager of Division.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Miami, FL).

Interview

Long tedious and boring The process seemed like it was going to be easy because the Xbase equestrians on the online application but the phone if you was quite difficult I didn't know what to say.

Interview Questions

• Okay benefit the company what skills do you have that will bring value to the entity   Answer Question

Middleware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Face-to-face, myself and two interviewers. One was a first-line manager, the other was a team lead. The team lead had no experience or understanding of the middleware field. The manager was from a different team in the middleware field than the position I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about IIS?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about UNIX?   1 Answer

Analytics Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy, Simple and Straight Forward

> asked behavioral question and simple technical interview
    > IPAT test
    > course information
    > offer

asked questioned on Agile, Customer satisfaction, Data Analytics etc

Couple of technical questions related to work experience

Co-Op Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first followed by an in-person panel interview. Finally, I had an IQ test. The interview included typical questions related to the type of work I'll be doing; no code skills test. I really enjoyed the interview. It gave me an idea of what I would be doing and a feel for the leadership, all of which I was pleased with.