IBM

2,115 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Question – All usual industry question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – IBM doesn't negotiate on salary

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Easy breezy - I was very prepared so the process was not bad at all - just prepare well and you will do fine - read annual reports - asked pointed / hard hitting questions regarding the role

Interview Question – What's your name   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Question – Do you want a job with IBM   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, take it or leave it.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Interview Details – Different than industry. Must know some one inside. applying through regular channels don't work most of the time. Human resources department representative didn't sow up for any interview. Benefits information and general information was not provided.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was not very formal or well planned - It appeared to be a interview process by the hiring manager - but then became apparent that the reports-to manager holds little authority. The decisions are made 1-3 levels above the reports-to manager.

Interview Question – "How many CEO's are in your contacts on your phone that you could go see right now? " -   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Executive team (Global Services- Health Care) seemed very incompetent and lacked a basic understanding of the market.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I met with the HR Rep, then the Manager and the 4 other developers on the team. Each of them had there own interview style but each style complemented the other. The interview consisted of algorithm questions, white board coding questions, and personality questions.

Interview Question – basic algorithms and data structures   Answer Question

Procurement Professional Interview

Procurement Professional
Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – My interview process was less formal than I anticipated. I had a brief phone screening to discuss the role, and schedule the interview. I then went to the IBM site, and met with the hiring manager to interview, and met 2 other Senior people in the department. I received an offer a few weeks later. I know that this process is less rigorous than others have experienced for the same type of job in other departments. I believe the structure of the hiring process is left very flexible to the discretion of the hiring manager(s).

Interview Question – I have a stack of 40 resumes, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Infosec Consultant Interview

Infosec Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details – No face to face, but a series of interviews including three in similar positions, a manager and an hr rep. The proces was a typical set list of questions for each person, with some additional questions they developed on their own. Process was stretched over time, with each interview being a gate before moving to the next.

Interview Question – How would you tell a client that our offerings are not correct for their situation?   View Answer

Package Solution Consultant Interview

Package Solution Consultant

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – one telephonic technical interview and one telephonic HR interview and one face to face interview with hire management. interview questions technical part was actually challenging and one has to be prepared well for that.

Negotiation Details – very tough

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Very detailed - post MBA. Starts out with one on one behavioral interview then you move on to Case interviews where you compete with other students who passed the one on one behavioral interview

Interview Question – Case Interviews with presentation to IBM senior management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotition

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!