IBM Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,152 interviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

You can apply through online portal or through friends referral. If you get shortlisted,HR will call you and provide you details about opportunity. Number of interview are generally depends on the team and kind of position. It sometime be done with 1 technical interview followed by HR interview or sometime it can be 2-3 technical interviews followed by HR round.

Finance Rotation Program Interview

1st round was on campus; 2nd round was On-site Panel.
    My experience was that all interviewers were super nice and wouldn't challenge you much. However, don't overread their niceness. What you would hear during the interviews doesn't mean anything.

Document Manager/Technical Writer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2014.

Well...I put my application in through the online system. A lady called a few weeks later to do the basic screening interview--asking for salary requirements. Said someone else would be in contact. Today I got the rejection letter. The recruiter had one job to do...to address the rejection letter to the correct person. I am a female, and the name in the, "Dear blah blah" was a man's name. I emailed the recruiter back to ask I was still being considered because my name is not what was stated.. His response was, "I had sent the same not [sic] to another candidate and forgot to change the name on the email, my apologies. Please continue to monitor the IBM web site for other opportunities." No thanks man, not interested anymore. Honestly, how hard is it to put in the correct name when using a template you didn't even write?!

Interview Questions
    • How much money do you want to be paid?   View Answer

Associate Partner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.

Associate Consultant - Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Fairly basic - I had two screening interviews and then a third in-person interview which served as the final round. You'll be interviewed by the account managers who are looking to hire so they will see if you meet their accounts needs.

Fairly basic questions "Why are you here?" "Tell me a time where you had to source something" "Why are you leaving your current job"

Interview Questions
    • Case Study wasn't terrible, just had to do a lot of math without a spreadsheet   Answer Question

Product Sales Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM.

Three-round interview process. In the initial interview, one of the IBM Summit managers will interview you over the phone and indicate whether or not you will be passed on to the next round. In round two, you speak with another Summit Manager or in some cases, a host manager. After this round, if you have not yet touched base with a host manager, you will be interviewed by the manager in the respective city you're applying for.

Recruiting Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

The interview process included two (2) phone interviews: one was an in-depth technical and one was a behavioral interview. There indicated an offer would be made, but start date was held up until start of the next quarter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what and how you use social media in your recruitment strategies. What successes have you had with these resources and what channels need to be eliminated?   Answer Question
    Offer and accepted counter offer

Market Segment Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Total interview process took about 2 months. Total of 4 interviews-- 3 over the phone with person who would be my manager and 1 in person by a peer. First was 30 minutes and very basic, get-to-know you type questions. Second was more of the behavioral questions over 30-minutes. Third was in person --more company specific questions. Last was a touching base conversation to see how interested I still was. Had to submit examples of past presentations and papers.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard. Most difficult questions were around the industry as I am not overly familiar with the tech industry.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate....they did not hesitate in the first round to increase after me simply asking for more. I was happy with the offer so didn't continue to push.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Interviewed with 2 people...one was late. Very straight forward questions. Some were situational. Everything pertained to customer service. People seemed nice (they still are)... Asked me if I had questions...when would I be able to start...interview was 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    They offered 35,000. I asked for 42,000. Ended up at 38,500. (This was not enough with a college degree even if it was my first job out of school.) I wish I had declined. Currently searching for something...

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at IBM.

Part of acquisition as most people are. I just had to fill out paperwork to make the transition. There are lots of hiring freezes and I wouldn't apply if I had the option. The company is huge and you are literally just a number.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!