IBM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015
2,837 Interview Reviews

2.8

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was really easy, nothing exceeds my expectation. It was pretty smooth and relaxing. Give an example of a time you successfully worked on a team.What major challenges and problems did you face?

Interview Questions

• What would your past managers say about you? If you had questions that no one had answers to, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

There was a brief over-the-phone interview (maybe 45 minutes) with general questions about previous work experience. We then scheduled an in-person interview which lasted a little over an hour. Here, they asked more technical java questions but none were very specific.

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

it was not as painful as one would think for a company this size. a couple of phone interviews then a roundtable interview with 4-5 people on the same day.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I submitted a resume through a current IBM employee. I had a brief phone interview that only briefly touched my technical experience. I then took an aptitude test and that was that. It turns out it was an easy interview because they were not looking for specific technical experience (certain programming languages or what have you) but instead looking to see if you would be able to pick up on whatever would be thrown at you once you arrived.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past programming project you worked on.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Set up a phone and changed the schedule 3 X's. Got frustrating. Obviously read a script and knew very little about the deal, process and job. It was more a PR stunt

Interview Questions

• Will you quite your current job? Any questions for me?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview, then flew you to Phili for face to face interview. IBM uses senior or managing consultant to do some technical interviews, if you passed it, then you get to do face to face interview, which is fairly easy, at least for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I spoke with two people on the phone, the hiring manager and lead architect. I was then given an offer. This was strange to receive an offer without a face to face interview or even meeting the team, so I asked to meet the team first. I met with two team members who asked me to do some simple programming tests during the meeting, which I didn't expect since I already had an offer. It was a strange situation.

Interview Questions

• Write some JavaScript to output a particular string given some criteria. Turn the JavaScript code into a reusable function.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is very laid back, there arent a lot of technical questions. IBM people are generally nice. I feel like this is the environment i would work for. However the office is very old. All ibm office are very hidden.