IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was not very formal or well planned - It appeared to be a interview process by the hiring manager - but then became apparent that the reports-to manager holds little authority. The decisions are made 1-3 levels above the reports-to manager.

Interview Question – "How many CEO's are in your contacts on your phone that you could go see right now? " -   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Executive team (Global Services- Health Care) seemed very incompetent and lacked a basic understanding of the market.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I met with the HR Rep, then the Manager and the 4 other developers on the team. Each of them had there own interview style but each style complemented the other. The interview consisted of algorithm questions, white board coding questions, and personality questions.

Interview Question – basic algorithms and data structures   Answer Question

Procurement Professional Interview

Procurement Professional
Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – My interview process was less formal than I anticipated. I had a brief phone screening to discuss the role, and schedule the interview. I then went to the IBM site, and met with the hiring manager to interview, and met 2 other Senior people in the department. I received an offer a few weeks later. I know that this process is less rigorous than others have experienced for the same type of job in other departments. I believe the structure of the hiring process is left very flexible to the discretion of the hiring manager(s).

Interview Question – I have a stack of 40 resumes, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Infosec Consultant Interview

Infosec Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details – No face to face, but a series of interviews including three in similar positions, a manager and an hr rep. The proces was a typical set list of questions for each person, with some additional questions they developed on their own. Process was stretched over time, with each interview being a gate before moving to the next.

Interview Question – How would you tell a client that our offerings are not correct for their situation?   View Answer

Package Solution Consultant Interview

Package Solution Consultant

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – one telephonic technical interview and one telephonic HR interview and one face to face interview with hire management. interview questions technical part was actually challenging and one has to be prepared well for that.

Negotiation Details – very tough

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Very detailed - post MBA. Starts out with one on one behavioral interview then you move on to Case interviews where you compete with other students who passed the one on one behavioral interview

Interview Question – Case Interviews with presentation to IBM senior management   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotition

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Initial interview process went very quickly. Received a call after resume was passed forward through employee referral and had two phone interviews with the Hiring Manager. Human Resources was not very involved. Interview was more of a discussion than pointed questions. Based on the interview, I did not really know what to expect when first starting.

Interview Question – After moving into another position, the interview was more challenging - one of the more challenging questions was how I would handle different scenarios and my plan to come up to speed.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – Went to a Job fair in NY after I graduated from college. Talked with several managers from IBM and ended up with a job offer in Rochester MN. I took that job and was in Rochester for a year and then asked to be transferred to Austin TX. Rochester was too cold for me.

Negotiation Details – yes.

Janitor Interview

Janitor

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Very basic questions, went over a few problem cases and had to answer how you would solve it. The interview process was easy and friendly. The only reason I did not take the job was because there was little wiggle room for salary negotiation.

Interview Question – Questions were basic, not unexpected, Everyone was very nice.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed be 3 different IBM Partners. These were each 30-minutes in length and happened back-to-back, so it was a little enduring. Overall, had a good experience. 2 of these were behavioral interviews and 1 was a business case. The case was challenging but doable - it was my first case interview.

Interview Question – The business case was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!