IBM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
2,953 Interview Reviews

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Markham, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

To begin with start to find a recruiter. Then look for a job opening with that recruiter. They will do the necessary for being comfortable with you. Like to make sure you are the right candidate to present to the potential employer. They require your references and background check. Normally you will then be advised of the job details and asked if you are comfortable with it. If you do then they will schedule an initial interview.Total two interviews, one with hiring manager and other with technical panel.

Interview Questions

• if you have any conflict of opinion about an issue how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some times there is no much choice and you have to make the decision based on your situation. So lets say you have multiple offers in hand the that will decide. In this case there was no much room to talk about.

Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ehningen (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Ehningen (Germany)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for another role and they contacted me (via telephone) to see if I'm interested in another role. So I applied. It was a telephone interview but some online conference application was also used since I had to do 15-20minutes long presentation using PowerPoint about who I am, what I did before and why they should hire me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our competitors products? Why are you interested in IT?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Haifa (Israel)) in July 2014.

Interview

first i was contacted by phone, that wanted to setup a call for a technical interview and we set it up for the following week. on the day of the interview the interviewer called at the time and it was over all about 1 hour discussion , i talked about my slef , what i do what is my experience and what is my education ,then he asked me a technical question and we started to discuss it and along the way i was giving answers and suggestion for solving the problem he raised ( Navigation system - like Waze and how to model it and how search for a route). at the end we finished the session , he thanked me and said that i willl be contacted for further interview. during the week after IBM HR rep. sent me a mail and scehduled a meeting in IBM for the following week and i arrived to that interview and was interviewed by 2 project leads they asked me one technical question that was about modeling a digital circuite in a C Style Data structure and code to calculate the output of the curcuite , at end that took me to thier manager and we had another meeting with him and he gave me the work proposal and i took it , i started working there 1 month after.

Interview Questions

• interview over phone -talk about my self , why i want the job at IBM , talk about my previous experience , and then a technical question - suggest the data structures you use to implement a navigation system , how you old the data and how you search for route from s to t. frontal interview at IBM , talk about my self , they talked about IBM what the department do and then 1 question about logic circuit and how i five a C function to calculate output (recursive flow).   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview and them Assessment day. Assessment day format group exercise and presentation with other candidates that applied for this role, ibm GBS presentation, various interviews in afternoon with other senior managers from GBS. Day was structured well however interviews held by various managers not necessarily hiring you. Wasn't selected as There reason was I had good PM skills but not skills they were looking for despite applying for a PM role..

Interview Questions

• Talk through your CV and your experiences and how you dealt with certain scenarios   1 Answer

Human Resources Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

I think the interviewers were trying to psycho me and they should be proud cause they got the best of me. They asked me to justify my answers to every question endless why this why that. I think if you are confident enough, it shouldn't be a problem for you :)

Interview Questions

• mostly based on your resume. make sure you know what you wrote in that   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of meeting three separate managers and senior technical staff. Brought into a meeting room and was asked several questions regarding my work history, followed by my educational background. Then was asked several technical questions focusing on security. with scenarios. I found the questions ranged from easy to mid level in complexity. Not many hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question   1 Answer

Software Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with two separate people. First person was a manager and mainly behavioral. Second person was technical, but not too technical but did expect me to describe previous projects in depth.

GTS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

phone interview, on-site interview, recruiter is nice and helpful, in a easy and comfortable environment. group interview is a little different, asked about how & what you know about this job,

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Typical consulting interview on my college campus. I interviewed with 3 people, each one lasting half and hour. Two of the interviews were your typical behavioral interviews and the third was a case question. Nothing too complex or out of the ordinary

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview too place more than 20 years ago and I cannot remember much. it was solely a person interview with 1 or 2 managers. There was no online application, personality test, or other type of testing.

Interview Questions

• the interview occurred too long ago for me to remember the details. this question is not relevant to my experience   1 Answer