IBM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
2,234 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Firstly an aptitude round was there having mazor focus on Number series qestion (need more practice). I cleared this round then got a mail to attend next online eng Assessment round .I cleard the first two hurdles.
    Then the final face to face interview was there. The interview was very positive. They just want to extract the communication level n ur mentality regarding corporate word.
    Finaly I got selected :)

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in April 2010.

After the phone interview I was scheduled for an onsite/in person interview. The site was slightly older yet maintained. There are employees that dress up in suits all the way to some that are in shorts and flip flops. It is a casual atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked questions relating to the job itself.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

3 calls with HR people. 1 call with hiring manager. Typical questions and follow up process. I would recommend follow up with everyone you speak with. Also, make sure to connect all managers and HR people on LinkedIn. Also make sure to have plenty of knowledge relating to the history of the company. People really enjoy conversations about IBM history.

IT Specialist Interview

group presentation and resume collection. Willing to train or fly us in. Impressive! Then contacted us from the resume pool to let us know we were selected. Overall it's been a fun and exciting process and looking forward to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one business model within the organization what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Phone interview. Skype. Face to face. Offer
    They scheduled me for one day and never called me. The following week I received a pone call which I was not expecting so I couldnt be ready to reply most of the questions they asked me (btw they were most of them easy)

Leader for Cost Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Strategic Hiring happens and its very slow in movement as it require number of approvals and Interview process is very good to separate the best talent out of mass. HR is one of the most intelligent peoples in terms of negotiations of salary . Process of getting the offer letter is little tedious & lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Very Difficult case studies are beings given to solve   View Answer
    Only, the time to join & joining bonus can be negotiated

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

3 30 minute round interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case. Behaviorals were very straightforward: name a time you displayed leadership, worked in a group, etc. Case was verbally given by interviewer, had to take notes, make quick calculations, but overall took about 15 of the allotted 30 min. Very basic and accounting-based.

Interview Questions
    • Case was about 2 pizza restaurants, listed difference revenues, profits, cost per unit, needed to figure out how to make one more profitable.   Answer Question

Data Management Software Specialist Interview

Submission of background information, Resume, Letter. Interview with Human Resources, Interview with First Line, Interview with Second Line via phone, background check, personality test, IQ test. Behavioral type questioning.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

No Technical Questions. Mostly common scenario questions. Initially had a phone call from recruiter. Then invited for hiring event. You get to talk to more than one division. You will then be invited for on-site. Offer arrives in 3 weeks or less.

Offer came late

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Very relaxed, took us out to lunch. Lot of fun. They flew me in and gave me a hotel, then woke up in the morning for a full day of technical/soft skills interviews. No ridiculous questions.