IBM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
2,231 Interview Reviews

2.8

IT Specialist Interview

group presentation and resume collection. Willing to train or fly us in. Impressive! Then contacted us from the resume pool to let us know we were selected. Overall it's been a fun and exciting process and looking forward to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • if you could change one business model within the organization what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Phone interview. Skype. Face to face. Offer
    They scheduled me for one day and never called me. The following week I received a pone call which I was not expecting so I couldnt be ready to reply most of the questions they asked me (btw they were most of them easy)

Leader for Cost Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Strategic Hiring happens and its very slow in movement as it require number of approvals and Interview process is very good to separate the best talent out of mass. HR is one of the most intelligent peoples in terms of negotiations of salary . Process of getting the offer letter is little tedious & lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Very Difficult case studies are beings given to solve   View Answer
    Only, the time to join & joining bonus can be negotiated

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

3 30 minute round interview - 2 behavioral and 1 case. Behaviorals were very straightforward: name a time you displayed leadership, worked in a group, etc. Case was verbally given by interviewer, had to take notes, make quick calculations, but overall took about 15 of the allotted 30 min. Very basic and accounting-based.

Interview Questions
    • Case was about 2 pizza restaurants, listed difference revenues, profits, cost per unit, needed to figure out how to make one more profitable.   Answer Question

Data Management Software Specialist Interview

Submission of background information, Resume, Letter. Interview with Human Resources, Interview with First Line, Interview with Second Line via phone, background check, personality test, IQ test. Behavioral type questioning.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

No Technical Questions. Mostly common scenario questions. Initially had a phone call from recruiter. Then invited for hiring event. You get to talk to more than one division. You will then be invited for on-site. Offer arrives in 3 weeks or less.

Offer came late

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2012.

Very relaxed, took us out to lunch. Lot of fun. They flew me in and gave me a hotel, then woke up in the morning for a full day of technical/soft skills interviews. No ridiculous questions.

Consulting By Degrees Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM.

One day of interviews; set of 3 30-minute with one case study. It was rather laid-back and conversational. The three interviews were behavioral with one relying on a case study for most of the duration of the 30 minutes. All interviewers were consultants and had background with CbD.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to reach a goal. Most were behavioral and not very difficult.   Answer Question

Extreme Blue Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initially applied online. Got a call and went through the process. Couple of technical interviews to get thought. Work through problems on the phone and write code in a google document where they hear speak and see you typing. They want to get a feel for how you work through a problem. (tough! Know your algorithms, their possible implementations and complexities) then you interview with the managers and teams looking to hire you. You have to fit, you are not guaranteed a position still at this point. They will test you HARD!

Interview Questions
    • lookup bitonic sort algorithm on Wikipedia. From the picture alone try write real code for the parallel algorithm. That was a question I got for one of one of the teams.   Answer Question

Market Development and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting. The application only required submission of a resume. The interview itself consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews, during which the interviewers asked a number of questions about my resume. Nothing out of the ordinary for behavioral questions. I was notified of my application status after about a week and a half.