IBM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
2,954 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online via an employee referral and was contacted by the hiring manager to setup a phone interview. After the phone interview, which was basically just a quick screen, I was asked to prepare and demo a sale for my next interview.

Java Cloud Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via IBM site. After 5 weeks I had an interview with the hiring manager. Mainly discussing my resume and some behavioral questions. A week later I took an IPAT (aptitude) test. A week later I had a technical interview with two member of the team I applied for. Easy interview if you prepare.

Interview Questions

• Simple Java questions. Why you use generics? Difference between == and .equals? What are linked lists?   Answer Question
    • Implement a queue, using only stacks   1 Answer
    • Given two singly linked lists, determine if they intersect.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

it was not as painful as one would think for a company this size. a couple of phone interviews then a roundtable interview with 4-5 people on the same day.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There was a brief over-the-phone interview (maybe 45 minutes) with general questions about previous work experience. We then scheduled an in-person interview which lasted a little over an hour. Here, they asked more technical java questions but none were very specific.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I submitted a resume through a current IBM employee. I had a brief phone interview that only briefly touched my technical experience. I then took an aptitude test and that was that. It turns out it was an easy interview because they were not looking for specific technical experience (certain programming languages or what have you) but instead looking to see if you would be able to pick up on whatever would be thrown at you once you arrived.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a past programming project you worked on.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Set up a phone and changed the schedule 3 X's. Got frustrating. Obviously read a script and knew very little about the deal, process and job. It was more a PR stunt

Interview Questions

• Will you quite your current job? Any questions for me?   1 Answer

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview, then flew you to Phili for face to face interview. IBM uses senior or managing consultant to do some technical interviews, if you passed it, then you get to do face to face interview, which is fairly easy, at least for me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process is very laid back, there arent a lot of technical questions. IBM people are generally nice. I feel like this is the environment i would work for. However the office is very old. All ibm office are very hidden.