IBM Interview Questions

2,752 Interview Reviews

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They fly you in to the location of the interview (Philadelphia) and you have 3- 30 minute interviews. Two are behavioral and one is a case study. The case study is fairly easy. They give you information and want to see if you will ask questions to get the rest of the information. The problem is simple, but they don't give you enough info to solve it and the recruiter will only give you what you ask for.

The behavioral questions were fairly easy. Just think of all your experiences and apply them to the questions. Remember not to down anyone in your story and explain what the goal was and what the result was. They asked a lot of questions about working on teams.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a project and one of your team members wasn't carrying their weight, how would you respond to this issue?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

the brought me onsite for an interview with the hiring manager and two-three other peer managers. They introduced me to the team members and one of the staff members provided me a tour of the building.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was one fifteen minute interview with mostly questions about the items on my resume. He also asked me questions having to do with what I knew about the internship, why I was interested, etc. After the one interview they got back to me in about a week. Overall, very straightforward process.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a month later requesting a phone interview. The interview had basic questions on java, sql, web development(javascript and css), and finally lots of questions regarding projects on the resume.
    I was informed a week later that I was selected and would soon be contacted by HR.

Mobile Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with Senior Software Development Manager. Interviewer gave detailed description of position (UI design, working on a team with 2 other interns, aiding CTO of Mobility) and opened up time for possible questions. Then went through normal interview process with questions at the end. Gave additional details at the end about starting date, location, follow-up time, etc.

Interview Questions

• When do you know the iterative design process ends?   1 Answer
    • What skill sets do you have for this position?   1 Answer
    • How do you work on a team and implement changes to designs?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred through a friend; I sent him my resume and they contacted me about a week later. I had an in-person interview with 2 engineers who asked me more about my availability and interests - pretty easy and relaxed. I had a technical phone interview afterwards with the lead engineer. All were straightforward OOP questions that you should know if you're going into software development.

Interview Questions

• What are linked lists, what is inheritance, as well as questions like what my hobbies are, etc   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with five individuals from the group that was hiring. The group was already interested in an interview based on a recommendation from a current employee. Travel accommodations had a number of mishaps, which dragged out the process, but once confirmed went flawlessly. Airfare, car rental, and food were covered.

The interview commenced after a short tour of the current office space (the group will be moving to a new location soon). All interviews were done in the same conference area with short breaks to allow for refreshments and restroom breaks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were working in a group setting and there was a disagreement between group members. How did you help to resolve this situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I contacted a manager who had sent out an email to our school's mailing list about a software development internship. I emailed him and he contacted me with a time for a phone interview. There was only one phone interview that was ~45 minutes. No coding technical questions, just questions about knowledge. There were no other rounds. They immediately made an offer a few days after the internship.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Originally, housing was not included in my salary. I asked about housing and a substantial stipend was given to me.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, all were phone calls, pretty straightforward. Mostly behavioral questions, they try to understand how you act in some situations since this is a sales role. No tricks, very nice people

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2015.

Interview

Received email from hiring manager just a week after applying for initial phone interview - 30 minutes. He said HR had sent him my resume based on key word search. I had more experience than the job requirements stated as an IBM Business Partner. Manager asked me to call back two weeks later to see where things were. Said wanted to hire someone by July 1st at the latest for last quarter. Said I was only one to apply at that point and wanted to interview more candidates. I called and left message for the hiring manager, but did not get a return call. As of this past Monday, the IBM job site said "position no longer available" I have an opinion on what this means, but don't wish to share on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and how I developed relationship with VMware, Redhat, Suse. I had more experience than just selling those software applications, so I expanded.   1 Answer