IBM

Updated Mar 2, 2015
2,448 Interview Reviews

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied for the position of "Senior Software Engineer" on IBM's career website. Got a phone interview call after month. After the phone interview, received an onsite interview email after one month further. Interview was very easy, nothing difficult, basic behavioural questions. However when I received the offer, I saw that the job title got changed and they removed the word "Senior" from the job title. After analyzing the offer thoroughly with the benefits details, I realized that it is not competitive with respect to the market. Hence I decided to decline it.

Interview Questions

job title got changed in the offer

GBS Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM in February 2015.

One hour interview: 30 min behavioral, 30 min case. The fit was pretty standard. Be sure to know why you want to do consulting and specifically why at IBM. The case was slightly harder and was more interviewer led, but the interviewers are friendly and are willing to help you out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment when something you tried didn't work and what you did to change that.   Answer Question

Entry Level Consultant Business Analytics and Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2015.

Applied through University's career link, got called for an on campus interview about 2 weeks later. 3 interviews (case study and two behavioral) in 1.5 hours. Case Study was first for me and it was the first time I've ever taken such an interview. The basic concepts were easy in retrospect but at the time I was like a deer caught in headlights. It wouldn't have been possible to 'study' for the case studies because they were pretty easy concepts, just unexpected. The interviewer was pretty helpful in helping me understand that I can just take it easy and the math isn't as important as the though process used. The behavioral ones were the easiest since they were like regular interviews with the regular expected questions.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study - Given the following information, what will be the payback period? (Not all info is given and you have to recognize that and ask for more information)   Answer Question

Client Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

The first step (like most jobs these days) is getting past the online system. You need to have enough of their keywords in your application to even get sent to HR, so if you don't read the posting carefully, you might as well not apply.

Next came a short phone interview. The questions were very similar in all interview rounds. He asked typical behavioral questions about my background and how I've reacted in various difficult situations. We also talked about potential locations and clients. I then received a call from the national program manager asking me which locations I was interested in, and scheduled video interviews shortly thereafter. The video interviews lasted about an hour each, again with typical interview questions. The next step is an invite to an in-person interview at the 1 or 2 locations you are interested in. Finally, they extend an offer for you to work at one location.

The whole process, with the holidays in between, took about 2 months, for a June start date.

Intern Interview

Applied online, there might have been a gpa requirement. Took almost a month before receiving a call for interview.had interviews, was pretty standard like any other software engineer internship interview, just read the standard prep books. It should be pretty easy, but should probably review basic widely seen algorithms

Better offer elsewhere

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Typical interview process. Received a call a few days after submitting my application. Scheduled a phone interview which consisted of two separate 30 minute interviews. Questions were all standard (why IBM, what do we do, what does IBM stand for, what excel skills do you have etc).

Interview Questions
    • Just about every questioned asked is posted on here in other reviews.   Answer Question

Offer was below the occupation's entry-level market average.

IOS Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Shortly after applying, two weeks later, I heard back and quickly set up a phone interview with a couple of the developers on the team I would be working with. The interview was great, mostly experienced based and reviewing my resume. I few days later I had an interview has the manager of the team who basically guaranteed the position before I got off the phone. They required that you take an IQ test of sorts and asked about your background. The entire process was less than a month.

Public Sectior Analytics Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Submit an online application through their Jobnet portal. Make sure to read all the criteria in the job description because the automatic system could weed you out easily if you are willing to travel 4 days but have a preference to travel 3 days. After I submitted the application I heard back with in a week then had 3 rounds of interviews in the same day on after another. Then I heard back that Friday.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really have any difficult questions. They were pretty generic and there was a case.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

3 part interview: (1) case and (2) behavioral. Behavioral interviews are straightforward. Case interview is set-up to be easy. Make sure to ask pertinent questions while solving the case. Company tends to focus on fit, so the behavioral interviews are more favored.

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM.

My interview and hiring process was 16 plus years ago and I was an experience hire. The process has changed and is more rigourus and relies a lot on recommendations.

Simple, IBM offered a competitive package