IBM Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015
2,963 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I spoke with two people on the phone, the hiring manager and lead architect. I was then given an offer. This was strange to receive an offer without a face to face interview or even meeting the team, so I asked to meet the team first. I met with two team members who asked me to do some simple programming tests during the meeting, which I didn't expect since I already had an offer. It was a strange situation.

Interview Questions

• Write some JavaScript to output a particular string given some criteria. Turn the JavaScript code into a reusable function.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I was an internal hire however had to follow the similar process as an outside hire. I applied for a internal consultant position. In my interview I had 4 interviews over the phone, however I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• Question about my resume mainly. Then the standard questions. Tell me about yourself? How would you go about improving a process? I was apply for a process improvement position so this was the type of questions they asked   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 developers. They asked some basic questions about algorithms. It wasn't anything too difficult. I just had to describe a basic approach that I would take and why.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and then some basic programming questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Very personable interview to get to know who I am and what I'm familiar with. General technical questions but no trick or challenging or brain-teaser type questions. They talked more about what I would be doing on a day to day basis. They let me ask them about the company, my responsibilities, and just had a nice chat in general.

Interview Questions

• Familiar with Linux/Unix environment?   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied the job from HireTeamMate, which is posted by the hiring manager directly (HireTeamMate is called the Uber for Hiring). I got contacted a few hours after applied, and got phone interivew the 2nd day.

Interview Questions

• first check my background on design and system, and OOP case design. then write some simple code over the phone. then some general questions   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted six weeks after I applied by the hiring manager. She asked for samples of my work to determine if she wanted to schedule an interview. I was interviewed four times the next week via phone. The first interview was just to verify that I met the basic requirements for the position and the other interviews were technical in nature. I was then contacted by HR twice the following week to fill out an application and to take the IPAT test. I received an offer letter the week after that, so the entire process (including waiting to be contacted) took about nine weeks. All in all, I thought the entire process went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is your method for obtaining information from other subject-matter experts?   Answer Question

Contract IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Eustis, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Fort Eustis, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an IBM headhunter via email for a contract job. The job posting had no salary information on it and the requirements were vague at best. I emailed back and said all requirements look great, I have over 13 years worth of experience and inquired about the pay. We then interviewed over the phone and she asked what my salary requirements were. I then told her my bottom line, which I guess was WAY too high for a woman to ask. The recruiter asked how much lower I could go.

Interview Questions

The pay was not competitive.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Springfield, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Briefly describe the job description and responsibilities. About the company and the long running projects describe as well. Discuses the team members and what they are looking for and what the company offering as well benefits, rats and programs. Also, offered me how can I work remotely if I needed with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your daily job? What experience I have with Excel?   Answer Question

Still waiting for the feedback and told me someone has clearance so still waiting.

GBS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Went through University recruitment process. The process included submitting a transcript and cover letter; after making it through the first screen, I got selected for the round of on-campus interviews. Unlike many other firms, I only had one round of interviews. The interview consisted of one case interview (but they basically held my hand the entire way) and one fit interview. Very friendly and very straightforward.