IBM

2,117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I applied online, got an email saying they were interested, and had two phone interviews (first personality, second technical) followed by a three hour online skills and logic test that made my brain hurt but that I apparently passed. Got the offer and was very excited, but decided on another position.

Interview Question – How would you design an ATM?   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – I took another offer at a financial firm.

Entry-Level Security Optimization Consultant Interview

Entry-Level Security Optimization Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2014.

Interview Details – Straightforward interview.
Interviewers are friendly and incredibly knowledge about the field.
There were no surprising questions, and the interviewers were very kind and sociable throughout the interview process. All interviewers were people directly related to the job I applied for, and no HR interviews were conducted which is a plus.

Interview Question – No curveball questions asked   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round - HR basic interview
2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Question – Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave expected range and I got in the range

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Senior SAP Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interview Details – There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Staff Hardware Engineer Interview

Staff Hardware Engineer

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – It was very smooth and technical process. They were very welcoming and helped me walk through their team and everything. They also took personal interest about my life and career goals and put a road map in front me if I was going to be hired.

Interview Question – I think there were not that much of any difficulty.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Question – nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications SAP GBS Interview

Enterprise Applications SAP GBS
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. One was a case study which asked me how would I take on the task and I had to provide a general idea about the case study and in a way reach a conclusion or idea that I believe would be a good way to handle the issue.

Interview Question – Describe yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a call maybe 3 days later and I accepted

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – took about 3 weeks, email followed by phone followed by 2 interviews with hr and manager, not too difficult or long but couldnt really get a feel for what they were looking for or felt throughtout the process

Interview Question – why are you here   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Spoke with a former and future manager as well as a colleague whom I would be working with. Basically informal to the extent they wanted to get to know the person rather than a fact sheet of skills.

Client Technical Specialist Interview

Client Technical Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I had a very streamlined, detailed nd organized experience. The first inviewer relied on one of those 'Google' questions designed to explore how one approaches problems whcih may or may not have obvious optimal solutions. It's effective in my opion at observing commuication styles, technical breath and te presure of having ones gears exposed. The next three interviews were each deeply technical as they explored relavent technical aspects of web architecture and big data performance tuning. As this was a client facing position personal presentation skills while modeling architetures and gathering requirements were demonstrated in the interviews. Very fun!

Interview Question – "If you have a file containing billions of arbitrary 20 byte records, how would you sort the data in the file using extremely limited resources, such a s 1GB of memory?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – relaxed and professional. The recruitor matched my expectations with the management and te offer was generous