IBM Interview Questions

2,668 Interview Reviews

2.8

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Comprehensive process with 2 rounds of interviews, one on the phone and the second in person. The in-person interview had multiple individual interviews as well as a group interview and portfolio review. Everyone was very nice and it's definitely not one of those scare-factor type interviews where they try to terrify you away.

Interview Questions

• What are two experiences you love, and what is one that you hate?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There were 3 different interviews that took place on campus. Each mini interview lasted 30 minutes. One portion was more traditional. He asked what I was interested in pursuing, asked if I had questions about the company, and was generally informational. The next was solving a business problem. They're not looking for a right answer, just to see how you think. The last interview was basically pitching one of your old projects.

All of the interviews were very relaxed and casual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you are passionate about.   Answer Question
    • You need to create an app to solve a ___________ problem for your user. How do you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Why IBM? What technologies do you see as a big thing in 5 years? What do you want to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They give you an offer. There is no room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 behaviorals and 1 case study. Definitely prepare for the case study--I thought I did really well on the behaviorals and didn't nail the case study, and didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you were told on Friday that you had to be on a new project on Monday?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Two rounds technical java questions and 1 HR round. The questions were easy if prepared well. HR round was mainly to discuss package. Got the offer letter in a months time.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone, phone, case. Got an employee referral which led to a first phone call, just a screening, led to another phone call, not exactly a screening more of a talk to me for 10 seconds ok you're on to final rounds. I got and accepted a job offer elsewhere in the mean time, they take forever.

Interview Questions

• Describe a role as a leader, describe a role as a follower   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were two interviews on campus. A couple weeks later they sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with a manager and a recruiter. It took 30 minutes. During the phone interview they asked mostly questions about my resume, projects, and some behavioral questions. They focused a lot on teamwork experience. Overall it was a positive experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied through my university's database and began the interview process a couple weeks later. I really enjoyed everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me. However, the overall process was unorganized and the information I received was inconsistent. After much confusion and wasted time, I ended up receiving a good job offer. I would still say that I didn't have a negative experience though because I do believe that everyone tried their best to be helpful and nice. I declined because I ended up receiving a better offer.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen, then an on-site. Everybody was friendly and engaging but the whole process during the on-site was challenging - in a good way. They have a very thorough process. Seems like a cool company to work for.

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Ended up applying online through a job board. I received a phone call about 1 week later from a staff member there. He went over basic things such as my resume, projects that I had worked on before, what my biggest accomplishment was. Second phone call was just verifying this information. Third was in person. A couple drawn out problem solving sessions along with meeting members of the team I would have worked with.

Interview Questions

• Which previous project would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Incredibly prompt responses. Got an offer two days after the onsite interview. Wonderful interview experience. Very impressed by how they treated all of the candidates. This interview experience changed a lot of stereotypes I had about IBM.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your process if you are given 6 weeks to work on a project.   Answer Question