IBM Interview Questions

2,981 Interview Reviews

2.8

Cloud Lab Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Group interview with prominent members of the team. Pretty casual and friendly overall. First the overarching design goal was described to me. Then I was first asked about general life experiences and motivation. I am assuming this was to get a feel for my character. After which, I was prompted to ask questions about the job which lead into a prolonged discussion about the technology being developed. I was asked to describe a feature on one of my projects and some questions about how the internet works.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Had an initial screening with a headhunter followed by two phone interviews and a half day of in-person meetings. I was told that I was the only candidate that made it this far in the process. All of the interviewers were nice but I got the sense that the hiring manager was purposely not trying to fill the roll. I spent about 8-10 hours talking to the company and didn't receive feedback on my in-person interviews for another month. I sent follow ups to the 5 people I met with and only one person had the wherewithal to respond. One of the senior execs told me how their team had contracted by 50%, assuming that's due to layoffs and departures (that were never restaffed).

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly focused on my experience and how I would approach the current role.   Answer Question

Middleware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Face-to-face, myself and two interviewers. One was a first-line manager, the other was a team lead. The team lead had no experience or understanding of the middleware field. The manager was from a different team in the middleware field than the position I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about IIS?   1 Answer
    • Do you know anything about UNIX?   1 Answer

Senior Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was great. Met wonderful people. I was applying for the job from which I was laid off. However, they all but offered me the job at the final interview with the hiring manager. I was told I was the perfect candidate and to expect an offer. After all, it was the job I had for 15 years. I heard nothing for nearly 2 weeks and I followed up with them. I was shocked when I was told they were going to keep looking for other candidates. I thanked the recruiter for her help. She assured me that she would be getting back to me with new opportunities, as I was a perfect rehire candidate, that my skills were extraordinary and that I had very good recommendations. It's been over a month and I have heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience at IBM previously. I was a rehire.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university's program. After about a week, they contacted me through email. We scheduled a phone screen to see if we would be a good fit for each other. The phone interview was with 2 members of the team and consisted of details of what the job was about, both technical and behavioral questions relating to Computer Science, and technical questions about the projects on my resume. They wanted someone with strong Java and Javascript skills, and I was looking to get away from Java and only into Javascript. We agreed we were not meant to be and parted ways. Overall, very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why IBM? What do you know about IBM? Why Computer Science? What interests you about the position?   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall very fun. We were taken out to dinner the night before and had a full day of interviews the next day. We had a group project, portfolio presentation, one on one interview, and a side project presentation. I had technical difficulties that probably contributed to my lack of offer. I was also told that they love memes...

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

They fly you in to the location of the interview (Philadelphia) and you have 3- 30 minute interviews. Two are behavioral and one is a case study. The case study is fairly easy. They give you information and want to see if you will ask questions to get the rest of the information. The problem is simple, but they don't give you enough info to solve it and the recruiter will only give you what you ask for. The behavioral questions were fairly easy. Just think of all your experiences and apply them to the questions. Remember not to down anyone in your story and explain what the goal was and what the result was. They asked a lot of questions about working on teams.

Interview Questions

• If you were working on a project and one of your team members wasn't carrying their weight, how would you respond to this issue?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

the brought me onsite for an interview with the hiring manager and two-three other peer managers. They introduced me to the team members and one of the staff members provided me a tour of the building.

Market Development and Insights Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was one fifteen minute interview with mostly questions about the items on my resume. He also asked me questions having to do with what I knew about the internship, why I was interested, etc. After the one interview they got back to me in about a week. Overall, very straightforward process.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and got an email a month later requesting a phone interview. The interview had basic questions on java, sql, web development(javascript and css), and finally lots of questions regarding projects on the resume. I was informed a week later that I was selected and would soon be contacted by HR.