IBM

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in December 2014.

Applied though college recruiter website.
    Then got an email a month later to set up an interview. Was technical and behavioral. Nothing too difficult.
    Asked about a lot of projects and work experience. Also informed me on what they do there.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had a conflict with someone   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I interviewed through college recruiting. Only one round of interviews, format of one case and 2 behaviorals, half hour each. It was pretty simple, seemed like they were looking for good personality and passion rather than case expertise like most consulting firms. They want people who understand IBM's mission for cloud, mobile, social and analytics so be sure to convey your interest in those areas.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I received an interview after my college job fair. It was two 1:1 interviews, each lasting 30 minutes. Interview questions were very basic and a lot of the time was spent going over my resume. It felt more like a conversation than an actual interview. It has been about 8 weeks now and I have still not heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when.......
      What would you do if.....

Answer Question

Software DeveloperProject Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I had two round phone interviews.One is from a colleague in IBM,the second is from the team manager. Later they sent me an email to invite me to meet the whole team in their workspace.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. No technical tests, but some general questions about your experience and teamwork.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

found position on school website. Applied through college career services. Interview was basic and easy. Recruiter was looking for a canidate that could carry a conversation.

Systems Tester (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

The process was fairly straightforward, as I was being hired as a co-op from my university. I emailed my resume and application to the co-op admin, and was given an interview the following week. The interview itself was straightforward, mostly about project and technical experience. The questions were of the STAR variety, and they were mostly looking for a willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • None, but the questions are easy to give only a short answer on, be sure to give full, thorough answers and really highlight your strengths.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations allowed

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

Initial interview with the recruiter was a horrific experience. The recruiter could not stick with his schedule appointments and left me hanging many times. I quit trying because that's not the type of business I'm going to deal with - I'm sure this is a group-by-group basis, I just happened to connect with one of the worst. Blah

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

3 consecutive 30-minute on-campus interviews. 2 fit/behavioral and 1 case interview. Some of the interviewers were easy-going and made you feel comfortable. Some were more serious and would criticize your answers. The case study was tough because I had an interviewer with a thick accent and couldn't understand his responses to my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle someone on your project team who isn't putting in enough effort?   Answer Question

Senior Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at IBM.

phone screen followed by in person interview and oral presentation. It took over a month to complete the interview as there was repeated rescheduling and my availability for interview trip

Market Segment Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Generally you need to know people inside IBM to get an interview unless you are a college hire. If you have to inside contacts it is not as hard, it often takes a long time for them to finalize hiring. It is rare for them to have external openings for experienced professionals outside of contract positions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult or unexpected question you faced?   View Answer
    They did not give much in negotiations. They offered a slight increase over what I had been making and nothing else.