IBM

2,112 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Recommended by a referral, asked to come into Herndon VA campus to interview all day. Three interviews: one behavioral, one fit, one case study (order of interviews is random). Cast study is less intensive than many consulting companies conduct theirs, IBM wants you to really talk out your ideas and ask questions to get more info from the interviewer. The final answer being right isnt as important as walking through your thought process.

Interview Question – What is something that is going on with IBM's stock price? Where do you see IBM going in five years?   Answer Question

Professional Development Trainee PDT - Finance Interview

Professional Development Trainee PDT - Finance
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online; overall process took about 3 months. Total interviews- 6.
Contacted about 2 months after initial application for a video recorded interview (not live, just video-recorded responses). Questions consisted of behavioral and logistical questions.

A week later, was given a financial case study regarding financial statements to complete for the next week.
The following week was contacted for final interview- needed to create a 15-20 minute PowerPoint presentation stating your assumptions and conclusions of the case to be completed the next week, with the final interview the week after.

A handful of other candidates were interviewing at the same time with overall friendly atmosphere. First 3 interviews consisted of an HR interview (behavioral/skills' questions) and the presentation (must present twice to two different audiences) in random order. Then all of the candidates were treated to lunch with current trainees and had the chance to ask questions regarding the program.

After lunch, candidates were winnowed down; progressed to final stage - 2 interviews with 2 members of upper-level management. Questions related to specific aspects of the position and proficiency in those areas as well as typical questions about the company were posed. Received offer next day.

Interview Question – Know the case well and consider alternatives to your underlying assumptions.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely lengthy probably due to the fact that IBM carefully screens candidates. Went through 3 separate interviews first with one on one followed by group panel 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – How often would you be available for travel at a moment's notice?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The work location simply wasn't convenient in terms of commute. During the initial interview process there was no mention of the downtown location other than IBM had various sites from which to choose.

STSM Interview

STSM
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Fairly standard. Several rounds of interviews with different technical and management leads. This took an entire day. Some asked technical questions about VHDL or C++. Others more behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me what the most important part of a computer system is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much, Standard offer.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer - Manager Interview

Senior Software Engineer - Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Interview Details – The Austin campus appears nice on the exterior. However upon interview inside, it's quite depressing. Furniture is mismatched, dated and falling apart. Developers equipment is very old and mismatched. Some developers did not have monitors, only old Lenovo Thinkpads. It was a quite depressing place, as were the attitudes of the interviews. No one seemed excited about working there.

Interview Question – Want to work here, yes. Ok.... That's about it.
Tell me about your expertise. No programming questions for Senior Engineer level roles?!?!
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very low compensation in comparison to other companies. The staff seems stressed and depressed. Probably not a good place to join. And so glad I did since an acquaintance was laid off less than 4 months after hiring as part of the constant quarterly layoffs.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The first interview I had was a 30 minute purely technical interview done via telephone. Asked questions mostly pertaining to Java and OO programming. Not too hard. Called back for a second interview that was not planned at all. He called me and it was an hour and half long. Many more java and OO questions. Asked about some Big-O notation and sorting algorithms. Some more obscure stuff. Asked about SQL knowledge.

Software Test Specialist Intern Interview

Software Test Specialist Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on their website. I received an email to schedule a phone interview and it went easy. During the phone interview, two managers asked me about myself, my projects and why I selected IBM. I was directed to onsite-interview one week later. I went there and I met a very friendly managers. No specific questions; all about your resume and no technical questions.

Computer Operator Interview

Computer Operator
Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was brought in with my manager and he said I was experienced and was a good fit for the position and he submitted me to the open position

Negotiation Details – A job offer from a letter

Software Designer Interview

Software Designer

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – They flew me down for an interview, treated me to a great weekend, toured the beautiful studio, and met the great staff. Best interview I ever had! Quite relaxed in nature and the 1-on-1 interviews were informal.

Interview Question – 24-hour redesign assignment   Answer Question

Competitive Software Sales Leader Interview

Competitive Software Sales Leader
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

Interview Details – Manager contacted me, interviewed, had me talk to another associate on team. Manager then called me back with a verbal offer, based on background check verification and then agreed on start date.

Interview Question – I really did not have one. Most questions were as expected and had previously experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to negotiate, manager saw my value and experience.