IBM Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
2,174 Interview Reviews

2.8

Package Solution Consultant Interview

one telephonic technical interview and one telephonic HR interview and one face to face interview with hire management. interview questions technical part was actually challenging and one has to be prepared well for that.

very tough

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Very detailed - post MBA. Starts out with one on one behavioral interview then you move on to Case interviews where you compete with other students who passed the one on one behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Case Interviews with presentation to IBM senior management   Answer Question
    No negotition

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Initial interview process went very quickly. Received a call after resume was passed forward through employee referral and had two phone interviews with the Hiring Manager. Human Resources was not very involved. Interview was more of a discussion than pointed questions. Based on the interview, I did not really know what to expect when first starting.

Interview Questions
    • After moving into another position, the interview was more challenging - one of the more challenging questions was how I would handle different scenarios and my plan to come up to speed.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Went to a Job fair in NY after I graduated from college. Talked with several managers from IBM and ended up with a job offer in Rochester MN. I took that job and was in Rochester for a year and then asked to be transferred to Austin TX. Rochester was too cold for me.

Janitor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBM.

Very basic questions, went over a few problem cases and had to answer how you would solve it. The interview process was easy and friendly. The only reason I did not take the job was because there was little wiggle room for salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic, not unexpected, Everyone was very nice.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Was interviewed be 3 different IBM Partners. These were each 30-minutes in length and happened back-to-back, so it was a little enduring. Overall, had a good experience. 2 of these were behavioral interviews and 1 was a business case. The case was challenging but doable - it was my first case interview.

Consulting By Degrees Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM.

The super day assessment center was three interviews
    -The first was a case. It was simpler than the Case In Point questions
    -The second were "give me a time when you did x" questions
    -The third was basically a walk through your CV. Know it back to front and be able to answer any and all questions about your CV

Interview Questions
    • -If I hired you right now and you started tomorrow, what type of project would you want to work on and why?
      -What impact do you think 'the cloud' on IBM's direction as a firm
        Answer Question

Rhythm Level Intel Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Initial communications occurred months before actual interview. I was contacted by the company first in March. My first interview wasn't until May. After accepting the offer, which I initially declined, I wasn't able to start with the company until September.

Interview Questions
    • The technical screening was conducted by a random associate of the team that I was applying for. He was unprepared to ask me anything and expected me to know what to talk to him about.   Answer Question
    They were completely unwilling to negotiate. I took a significant pay cut to take the job based on my understanding of the opportunities with the company.

Summit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in November 2013.

The Summit internship hiring process is usually around 3 phone interviews. The first phone interview, you will talk with one of the HR hiring managers. This was more of a get to know you interview and my interviewer was so nice and easy to talk to. The second phone interview is with your potential manager if you get an offer full-time after the internship and the last is your host manager if you're hired as an intern.

They were very accomodating

Software Development Manager Interview

Networking works the best if you know someone who can recommend you will be easier as big company gets lots of resumes. In my case my company was acquired by IBM so we became part of IBM

Interview Questions
    • I didn't see any such situation where any question was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question