IBM Interview Questions

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Drove to Rochester, MN for 2 interviews. Half hour each right after another. Interviews are with would be direct supervisors, a position you could attain in a few years. General HR questions, a few questions on familiarity of excel. No job specific questions.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with moving to Rochester? There is no nightlife here....   View Answer

More money somewhere else.

Entry-Level Security Optimization Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2014.

Straightforward interview.
    Interviewers are friendly and incredibly knowledge about the field.
    There were no surprising questions, and the interviewers were very kind and sociable throughout the interview process. All interviewers were people directly related to the job I applied for, and no HR interviews were conducted which is a plus.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM.

I applied online, got an email saying they were interested, and had two phone interviews (first personality, second technical) followed by a three hour online skills and logic test that made my brain hurt but that I apparently passed. Got the offer and was very excited, but decided on another position.

Interview Questions

I took another offer at a financial firm.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

1st round - HR basic interview
    2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
    3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
    The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question
    I gave expected range and I got in the range

Managing Consultant Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Enterprise Applications SAP GBS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

3 interviews. One was a case study which asked me how would I take on the task and I had to provide a general idea about the case study and in a way reach a conclusion or idea that I believe would be a good way to handle the issue.

I got a call maybe 3 days later and I accepted

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

took about 3 weeks, email followed by phone followed by 2 interviews with hr and manager, not too difficult or long but couldnt really get a feel for what they were looking for or felt throughtout the process

Staff Hardware Engineer Interview

It was very smooth and technical process. They were very welcoming and helped me walk through their team and everything. They also took personal interest about my life and career goals and put a road map in front me if I was going to be hired.

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM.

Spoke with a former and future manager as well as a colleague whom I would be working with. Basically informal to the extent they wanted to get to know the person rather than a fact sheet of skills.