IBM

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Was called by Hiring manager and interviewd about my resume and interests. It was a good interview and the HR manager was really nice. SHe replied within a week saying I needed to complete a test. Once the test was completed I got the offer.

Very helpful and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2013.

I met with a recruiter at the Spring Engineering Career Fair at the University of Iowa and he took my resume and we talked a little. Shortly afterward I received an e-mail from IBM asking to set up a phone interview. A couple hours after the phone interview I received an email from a hiring manager asking me what I would expect as a salary. Finally, over the course of about 2 weeks I had to fill out an application and take an aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "How do you swap two values without creating a new variable?"   View Answer
    I'll be right out of college and the offer was good, so I did not haggle with them. They offered $65,000 with relocation assistance and a $2,000 lump-sum check for miscellaneous moving expenses.

Technology Strategy Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in February 2011.

While this was a high level IT job, it appears the phone interviewers are checking boxes for keywords rather than having an understanding of the position and the requirements. Since I was recommended by an existing IBM employee, I guess I expected a little closer look. My biggest disappointment was that after going through the interview, I was asked about minimum salary requirements. I felt everything was going good and then the phone screen was over and the interviewer felt I might be better qualified for a lower position. The poor part about this was the way it was handled. From now on, I will be asking the phone interviewer what the salary range is before I start the interview so I don't waste my time. Sadly, based on the preferred experience, I believe I was more than qualified and have my salary history has been higher than my minimum, but I didn't want to price myself out of a potential interview. I suspect a hiring manager would have had a different take on my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your minimum salary requirement?   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Applied online but used my network as references. Had to do 2 rounds of phone interviews then 3 face to face interviews with various managers. After the final round of interviews, the hiring manager told me he wanted to offer me a position but it would come from HR. It took about a week to hear back from HR but the whole process was very smooth.

Interview Questions
    • What would your mentor say is the area you need the most improvement?   Answer Question
    They would not budge on base but I did negotiate a sign on bonus.