IBM

3.3

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Srategic Analytics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Online application form and CV. Then the IPAT tests which were harder number series questions and then some easier calculation questions. Then had SHL style numerical and verbal tests.
    After this was invited to the first round Assessment Centre. In the morning there was a presentation from one of the employees and a group exercise which was pretty hard. They also asked for us to redo the IPAT test.
    Half of the applicants were sent home in a very harsh manner at lunchtime.
    After lunch was a one-on-one interview with one of their employers. This was mainly CV based, asking about recent projects and also some estimation questions.

Graduate Applications Specialist (UK) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online with CV + cover letter, then sent long application form, with Personal Statement plus giving examples for about 10 of their core competencies.

Had to do an online IPAT (CAT) test, which took about 45 minutes, mixture of confusing sequences and logical problems.

Got to the interview stage, which involved an IBM presentation, and 2 group exercises. One was logical, solving an Einstein-style problem, and the other involved presenting idea for a new product. I screwed up by bit of the presentation, and got sent home.

Had I passed this, there would have been 2 interviews- one with a HR person, and one with a manager in the area you applied.

Strategic Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online - with CV and additional questions to answer. Invited for two rounds of online tests - one logic sequence based (which was challenging), another basic numeracy and verbal. Invited to Assessment Center consisting of presentation on company, then a logic group exercise (which was assessed by two people - looking at teamwork and problem solving skills), and then another test. Interview in the afternoon after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • difficult online 'IPAT' tests - finding the next number in a sequence   Answer Question

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online for their graduate scheme (business consultant). I had to fill a word application form with small questions about previous experiences and why I was applying for their graduate scheme.
    After a first quick review you are invited to take their online IPAT test which is kind of hard but manageable if you try some sample questions before (you can found some example easily on the web).
    After that I was invited to attend an assessment center at their London South bank Office. The invitation process was awful, they invited me very late, so I had to book my tickets and accommodation one day before. As a result I ended up spending a lot of money (they only reimburse £150) for a short assessment center (2 groupe exercise) where they selected only the bossiest candidates.

Strategic Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Online application questions

online tests:
    Sequence Questions (hard)
    Numerical Questions (easier)

first round:
    8 people at interview
    Repeat of sequence questions but easier
    group exercise logic puzzle

If you pass both of these you have an interview with a member of the business dynamics group
    half hour
    basic questions on motivation and competencies
    Then a basic maths question using assumptions
    How many maternity beds in the uk?

second round Approx 1 week later:
    Pre prepared ten minute presentation
    Written exercise summarizing a large document (hour and half)
    Two half hour interviews, one personal, one professional
    final group exercise

the whole thing was quite relaxed

Graduate Entry Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

I applied online and they sent an email with a numeracy skill test to take within three days. After I passed the test they invited me to an assessment day. I was in a group of around 10 other graduates in 3-4 hours I participated in a one-to-one interview, a short presentation, group discussions, and again the numeracy test.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you see yourself in 2 years from now? and in 5 years?   Answer Question

European Industry Solutions Concierge Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

The process is pretty lengthy and competitive, however if you take your time in filling out the application properly and can talk about good examples for your answer you should make it through to the assessment centre easily. Your answers don't necessarily have to be from past work experience, it could be from any real life experience you've had. Throw in some personality, recruiters love it.

The IPAT test is hard, most people I have talked to at IBM thought they failed it, however you are still very likely to make it through to the next stage even if you did poorly on it.

The assessment centre was surprisingly a lot easier than that of other companies I had attended. The group tasks were pretty basic. Make sure you're always communicating well with your group mates. You don't have to be overly bossy, or be a pushover for that matter. Just find a nice in between. Listen first and then speak. Be the one in the group who compliments others for their bits and motivates everyone - that works well in any assessment centre.

For your individual interview, review your IBM CV and refresh all the experiences you had talked about. Make sure you prepare a killer presentation, prepare and research in advance. Make the presentation nice and chatty like a conversation, that makes it more engaging. Use less words, more pictures and visuals in your slides.

The final interview was with the manager of a Team I was placed in. IT WAS HARD. Basically the guy looked at my CV and tore it apart. Mentioned that my past experience does not fall in line with the line of work. It was a pretty bad interview, but I felt like more preparation may have helped me. Luckily if you get rejected from one team, another hiring manager may pick your CV up and offer an interview for a position.

Interview Questions
    • From your past experience I can see that you are a great independent decision maker, but when have you demonstrated teamwork in a very processed based work environment?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM.

I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed.

I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

On the day of the assessment we were split into groups and had us do two group exercises, one logical and one business based. It turns out not giving your other team mates the chance to speak and constantly taking up every point in one breath is something they are looking for, I kid you not, if you get invited to one of these do not sit thinking oh i will let so and so finish making their point.

get in there and make your contribution.

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

After filling out a long application form and submitting my CV and following a number of emails, I was invited to an assessment center at headquarters. About 20 people showed up on the day at 8am. Between 8 am and 1 pm we were required to partake in three activities in teams. Each activity lasted half an hour. One was a numerical reasoning exam and the other two assessed how you interact in teams. If you passed the three morning sessions you had to do an interview in the evening.

Interview Questions
    • One of the group activities required solving a problem regarding the location of artwork in a museum given only snippets of information.   Answer Question