IBM Interview Questions in London, UK

3.3

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Entry Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

I applied online and they sent an email with a numeracy skill test to take within three days. After I passed the test they invited me to an assessment day. I was in a group of around 10 other graduates in 3-4 hours I participated in a one-to-one interview, a short presentation, group discussions, and again the numeracy test.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you see yourself in 2 years from now? and in 5 years?   Answer Question

European Industry Solutions Concierge Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

The process is pretty lengthy and competitive, however if you take your time in filling out the application properly and can talk about good examples for your answer you should make it through to the assessment centre easily. Your answers don't necessarily have to be from past work experience, it could be from any real life experience you've had. Throw in some personality, recruiters love it.

The IPAT test is hard, most people I have talked to at IBM thought they failed it, however you are still very likely to make it through to the next stage even if you did poorly on it.

The assessment centre was surprisingly a lot easier than that of other companies I had attended. The group tasks were pretty basic. Make sure you're always communicating well with your group mates. You don't have to be overly bossy, or be a pushover for that matter. Just find a nice in between. Listen first and then speak. Be the one in the group who compliments others for their bits and motivates everyone - that works well in any assessment centre.

For your individual interview, review your IBM CV and refresh all the experiences you had talked about. Make sure you prepare a killer presentation, prepare and research in advance. Make the presentation nice and chatty like a conversation, that makes it more engaging. Use less words, more pictures and visuals in your slides.

The final interview was with the manager of a Team I was placed in. IT WAS HARD. Basically the guy looked at my CV and tore it apart. Mentioned that my past experience does not fall in line with the line of work. It was a pretty bad interview, but I felt like more preparation may have helped me. Luckily if you get rejected from one team, another hiring manager may pick your CV up and offer an interview for a position.

Interview Questions
    • From your past experience I can see that you are a great independent decision maker, but when have you demonstrated teamwork in a very processed based work environment?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM.

I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed.

I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

On the day of the assessment we were split into groups and had us do two group exercises, one logical and one business based. It turns out not giving your other team mates the chance to speak and constantly taking up every point in one breath is something they are looking for, I kid you not, if you get invited to one of these do not sit thinking oh i will let so and so finish making their point.

get in there and make your contribution.

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

After filling out a long application form and submitting my CV and following a number of emails, I was invited to an assessment center at headquarters. About 20 people showed up on the day at 8am. Between 8 am and 1 pm we were required to partake in three activities in teams. Each activity lasted half an hour. One was a numerical reasoning exam and the other two assessed how you interact in teams. If you passed the three morning sessions you had to do an interview in the evening.

Interview Questions
    • One of the group activities required solving a problem regarding the location of artwork in a museum given only snippets of information.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Submit application and CV online. Then they determine whether you will be given an online IPAT test. Sit the IPAT and if you pass you are invited for an AC. The AC day is one day for successful candidates, and half a day for unsuccessful candidates. The morning involves a confirmatory IPAT, which is quite tough, and two group exercises. One exercise is logic based and the other is event planning. Second half of the day involves a paired exercise where you pitch a solution to a given problem to two interviewers. Then there is an interview with a Professional Development Manager - it's just a chat about your interests.

Interview Questions
    • How did I have to behave or work differently as a woman in the sciences.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied online. And was then asked to take part in an online logic and maths test. Following that I was invited to an assessment centre. During the day we did a number of group exercises, puzzles, an interview and a business case. I was then asked to attend a second assessment centre day, which included more group puzzles, a written report based on an interview and an actual interview with a senior consultant.

I received an offer a couple of weeks after the final event.

Interview Questions
    • They had a prioritisation task as one of the group exercises where you had to agree with your team on the rescue order of a number of people stuck in a cave.
      There was also a tricky puzzle test where they gave each person in the group a set of notes (which were all different) and we had to compare the information and deduce what the answer to the question was.
        View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I simply asked to change my start date since I had already accepted another job and they were very accommodating.

Financial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2013.

Had an assessment centre in London. Morning session had two groupworks:
    - you are given a list of places, menus and other things to create a venue for a client
    - you are given information about some art works and you have to find out which artist did what painting.
    There is also a confirmatory numerical test.

We understood with other applicants that did not pass that they weren't looking for an active player but more someone laid back to sit at the back.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Online application form - standard questions.

Aptitude Tests - number series test was one of the hardest I've had to do, however numerical reasoning (felt easier than SHL or Kenexa) - but they have to be done consecutively no break.

Assessment centre was next step - employees were very friendly and engaging, it was a good experience - refreshments provided and the first half of the day involves two group exercises (planning event for client and logic problem) and confirmatory aptitude tests.

75% of candidates sent home at lunch - next part was lunch for successful candidates followed by a case study and presentation (in pairs) and an interview with the professional development manager (competency interview but make sure you have researched the company).

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. Remember in group exercises - be calm and confident and make sure to get in early as the good questions to ask will be used up very quickly. Finally stay alert and don't be too nervous, they just want you to give the best representation of yourself that you can, so believe in yourself and be you - if you get to the assessment centre you're already down to the last 30-40 out of hundreds, so they like you and want you to keep demonstrating you're the right candidate. (nb// travel re-imbursed up to £150)   Answer Question

IBM Graduate Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in October 2013.

1. application
    2. online test (IPAT)
    3. online test for english comprehension
    4. phone interview
    5. interview with HR and manager

during the what are your strengths question, the manager declined that my skills like language learning are skills saying that they are just talents and dont count. he dismissised 3 skills of mine with this attitude.