IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Face-to-face and they will fly and board you to where ever the IBM unit is based. They will ask questions that will how your competence in the field you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role you are applying for   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk. How do you forecast about project sales ? How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

Had telephonic interview with team mates, Hiring manager and VP of team. Each clearly explained to me the role and what I would be doing. Went through my experience in detail over the last 3 years. It was good experience. Every one was curtious and professional. Recuriter followed up after end of interviews and keep me informed on the progress. Ended up taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain different consulting methodologies   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Interview

covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Questions

• nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

1st round - HR basic interview 2nd round - technical interview (30 mins) 3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave expected range and I got in the range

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Two phone interviews; in all it took over four weeks, I did not hear back, I tried to check with contacts but they could not provide update on the next interview. I understand that the interview process could take a while. I do not have further information about the process.

Interview Questions

• Introduction, general discussion about the group and personal experience   1 Answer

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hiring process is very clean and simple. It took 3 months from the day I submitted my profiele on IBM job portal. Intially there is telephonic round they after 1 month they called for F2F interview. IBM will flew me out to nearest IBM office for F2F interview. Interview process is well defined with schedule. There were 3 rounds of interview with different people each of them of 30 min. Overall experience is positive.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and streamlined. First, there was a phone screen with an Associate Partner. Then, an interview day in a city where many other interviewees participated. The interviews there were one-on-one and then a team presentation to the panel (with a Partner) on a case. The offer came the next week. The recruiter kept me apprised during all the stages.

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was brief. I was satisfied with the final offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Quick phone interview that last 30 mins. Interviewer rushed through the process. Appeared to have a quota of candidates to reach that night. Asked one business case type interview question and discussed current client assignment. Questions were fairly standard, spend time discussing my resume and work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Questions

• What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.