IBM

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Managing Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Question – All usual industry question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – IBM doesn't negotiate on salary

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1st round - HR basic interview
2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Question – Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave expected range and I got in the range

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – covers your resume at a high level. there were three interview, 1 on phone, 2 face to face. for face to face they call you to an IBM location with all expenses paid and they really see your confidence to handle the job more than anything.

Interview Question – nothing unusual. mostly based on the resume and the requirement.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Question – Business Case Study   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Managing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very clean and simple. It took 3 months from the day I submitted my profiele on IBM job portal. Intially there is telephonic round they after 1 month they called for F2F interview. IBM will flew me out to nearest IBM office for F2F interview. Interview process is well defined with schedule. There were 3 rounds of interview with different people each of them of 30 min. Overall experience is positive.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Managing Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth and streamlined. First, there was a phone screen with an Associate Partner. Then, an interview day in a city where many other interviewees participated. The interviews there were one-on-one and then a team presentation to the panel (with a Partner) on a case. The offer came the next week. The recruiter kept me apprised during all the stages.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was brief. I was satisfied with the final offer.

Managing Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Quick phone interview that last 30 mins.
Interviewer rushed through the process.
Appeared to have a quota of candidates to reach that night.
Asked one business case type interview question and discussed current client assignment.
Questions were fairly standard, spend time discussing my resume and work experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Question – What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Managing Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I was hired via the referral process. I had to interview with 5 people including the HR recruiter. There were no case studies. The first interviews focused on my past work experience and areas of expertise. The final interviews were with the Partner of the practice to see if I would be a good fit and where I could be placed.

Interview Question – What do you know about the IBM Strategy practice and why do you think your past experience is a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher base salary based off a competing offer from a industry competitor.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed w/ IBM GS this past Friday in Chicago that turned into a nightmare and worse experience in my entire career. Interviewed w/ the most egotistical, abrasive and belligerent Associate Partner I've ever experienced. WARNING! Stay away from IBMGS.

Interview Question – What makes you think you are good enough to work for IBMGS. You're interviewing for an Associate Partner position?   View Answer

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!