IBM

Updated Sep 26, 2014

3.1

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2007.

Was flown to the meeting location, asked questions about the CRM and data management industry, then told why IBM is superior as a company. The Partner asked me why I thought I was worthy of IBM and I was told to describe how my personal hiring would increase the stock value for shareholders. I was told that I would travel 6 days per week and that my utulization rate would be 94%.

Painful.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Recruiting process was good.
    Recruitment lead easily reachable.
    Interview coordination done offshore.

Relocation Allowance.

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Initial phone screening with recruiter, in-person interview consisted of teamwork with other candidates to strategize and present solution regarding a fictitious problem for a fictitious company, written essay regarding past challenging project, 3 one-on-one interviews that involved technical and behavioral questions. Interview was very stressful but I was very impressed with the process and dedication to finding the right candidates.

Interview Questions
    • The project review and proposal was difficult in general. Be prepared to be put on the spot and show your creativity and teamwork skills.   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2008.

Most interviewees can expect to receive an initial phone screen from the recruiter, one to two phone interviews from IBMers, and then be brought in for a face to face interview (full day interview).

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions - as an experienced hire, I was pretty much asked what I was expected to be asked.   Answer Question
    I was asked what I wanted to make - that was the offer I received. I would advise you to ask for anything that isn't clear - make sure it is in writing. If you are offered a quarterly bonus, in lieu of your request, be willing to accept that you probably will not get this. If you are offered this, make sure it is in writing. I am not sure even if an in writing offer like this would stand up - it is at discretion of your manager.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Pre-assessment centre:
    Submit CV and competency questions (eg. why IBM, why strategic analytics, how your previous experience proves your capabilites).
    Online tests: numerical problem solving, verbal reasoning, numerical pattern recognition (called the IPAT test)

If successful, assessment centre:
    Re-sit online tests.
    Group exercise - working as a team to solve a logical puzzle.

If successful, in-person interviews that day, and if they are successful, then further in-person interviews on another date.

Interview Questions
    • The in-office repeat of the online tests seemed more difficult - perhaps because half the calculators barely worked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Questions
    • What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   View Answer
    Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in April 2013.

The hiring/interview process to date of hire including background check (1 month) took a total of 5 months. About 3 telephone interviews and then on all-day onsite interview with a complex case study which required each team member to evaluate in a small group and present.

Interview Questions
    Simple...but ZERO room to increase from their original offer.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Started as a supplemental employee.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation (supplemental job)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2014.

1st round - HR basic interview
    2nd round - technical interview (30 mins)
    3rd round - face to face interview - senior manger and partner
    The recruiter group was very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions
    • Not many technical questions. Most scenarios - what if kind   Answer Question
    I gave expected range and I got in the range

Managing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in July 2010.

Hiring process involves one telephonic technical interview. One face to face technical interview and one face to face behavioral interview. They used to have a group discussion and presentation step in the process but that has been eliminated now (2013)

Interview Questions
    IBM doesn't negotiate on salary