IBM Managing Consultant Interview Questions in New York, NY

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Questions
  • What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   View Answer
Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

1:1 Interview - was asked how many staff I managed at previous companies, how many would I feel able to manage
    Group/Panel Interview - was asked to answer questions about a business case which groups of candidates were assigned to analyze
    Presentation - had to present a recommendation on a business plan to a panel of "clients" based on a business case which groups of candidates were assigned to analyze

Interview Questions
    • What does "advisory" mean (in terms of financial services)?   Answer Question
    Be very familiar with the industry-wide salary range for whatever role you are applying for, as well as how IBM salaries compare to the overall range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2011.

The interview process was a bit longer than usual. It mainly consisted of phone interviews since everyone is remote. I was asked questions regarding my technical and business process background. This consisted of 5 phone interviews prior to an offer being made. Everyone was pretty easy and wanted to understand my background and how it could fit with their current needs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a client who will not make time for JAD sessions?   Answer Question
    I asked for what I needed and received it along with a sign on bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Initial communications went very well - the representatives are excellent. Phone interviews were very typical. Interview day was fun - about 30 candidates there. We broke up into teams for a case study, then made our presentation in the boardroom. Later there was a set of 3 face to face interviews. Overall it was fun, and there was plenty of drinks and food provided. Also, all travel expenses were covered.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop leadership in your direct reports.   View Answer
    Yes, if you have certain high demand skills you can negotiate.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!