IBM

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Question – What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview - was asked how many staff I managed at previous companies, how many would I feel able to manage
Group/Panel Interview - was asked to answer questions about a business case which groups of candidates were assigned to analyze
Presentation - had to present a recommendation on a business plan to a panel of "clients" based on a business case which groups of candidates were assigned to analyze

Interview Question – What does "advisory" mean (in terms of financial services)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be very familiar with the industry-wide salary range for whatever role you are applying for, as well as how IBM salaries compare to the overall range.

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit longer than usual. It mainly consisted of phone interviews since everyone is remote. I was asked questions regarding my technical and business process background. This consisted of 5 phone interviews prior to an offer being made. Everyone was pretty easy and wanted to understand my background and how it could fit with their current needs.

Interview Question – How do you handle a client who will not make time for JAD sessions?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for what I needed and received it along with a sign on bonus.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communications went very well - the representatives are excellent. Phone interviews were very typical. Interview day was fun - about 30 candidates there. We broke up into teams for a case study, then made our presentation in the boardroom. Later there was a set of 3 face to face interviews. Overall it was fun, and there was plenty of drinks and food provided. Also, all travel expenses were covered.

Interview Question – How would you develop leadership in your direct reports.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, if you have certain high demand skills you can negotiate.

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!