Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM
- Software Engineer (179)
- Consultant (105)
- Software Developer (76)
- Associate Systems Engineer (69)
- Intern (69)
- IT Specialist (65)
- Financial Analyst (63)
- Senior Consultant (62)
- Project Manager (58)
- Managing Consultant (53)
- Business Analyst (42)
- Sales Specialist (39)
- Senior Software Engineer (33)
- Systems Engineer (33)
- SAP Consultant (28)
- Applications Developer (26)
- Engineering (22)
- Systems Administrator (20)
- IT Consultant (19)
- Senior Systems Engineer (19)
- Technical Support Engineer (18)
- Engineer (17)
- Sales (17)
- Staff Software Engineer (17)
- Marketing Manager (16)
- Senior Managing Consultant (16)
- Consulting By Degrees (16)
- Advisory Software Engineer (15)
- Sales Representative (14)
- Manager (13)
It was a group interview that the manager grouped us in a team of five and then assigned us a case study. After 30 minutes group discussion, every team came up with an idea and gave a 15-min presentation.
- What is your most recent work experience? Are you a leader in your team? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for IBM
Marketing InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in June 2015.
Had an initial screening with a headhunter followed by two phone interviews and a half day of in-person meetings. I was told that I was the only candidate that made it this far in the process. All of the interviewers were nice but I got the sense that the hiring manager was purposely not trying to fill the roll. I spent about 8-10 hours talking to the company and didn't receive feedback on my in-person interviews for another month. I sent follow ups to the 5 people I met with and only one person had the wherewithal to respond. One of the senior execs told me how their team had contracted by 50%, assuming that's due to layoffs and departures (that were never restaffed).
- Questions mostly focused on my experience and how I would approach the current role. Answer Question
Marketing InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Bangalore (India)) in April 2011.
Basically I had a internal movement from HR to Marketing, I had a internal employee referral through which I had a India manager interview and stake holder interview from US which is telephonic.
- Why did you work for HR. Answer Question
I didn't have much space for negotiation since I was basically interested to move the new role which is adding value to my career.