IBM

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Applied online. Initial screening phone interview with HR person. Invited to networking event with number of hiring managers. Continued with 5 phone interviews. After verbal offer, process included background check, and drug testing. Written offer letter received 2 months after application. All interviewers were courteous, and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would work in highly matrixed organization.   Answer Question
Able to negotiate salary, but not vacation time or job title.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Marketing Manager Interview

Phone screening, then face-to-face interview 2 weeks later. Offer came about 4 weeks after F2F interview

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Talked about the industry in general, so be sure you know who the main players are.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Several interviews. Subject specific. Mature interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Initially I had a phone interview. I interviewed with a director who asked me about my background and skill set. Afterwards I had interviews with 2 managers (one who eventually became my manager.) The first of these interviews was in person. We reviewed my resume, discussed current projects and what area I could be of use in. This included a discussion of my past course and a couple hypothetical questions. The second interview was a phone interview. In this interview we once again discussed my qualifications and I got a better look at the whole marketing team. After this I was verbally offered the job but due to corporate maneuverings I wasn't brought on board. 6 months later I received a call and was once again offered a position which solidified into my current position.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with my salary and did not negotiate, but I would recommend that if offered a position ask for a higher amount. It can't hurt as long as you don't grossly overestimate your potential salary. The worst they can do is say no. I am left wondering if perhaps I could have been paid more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2007.

It was very precise, process was laid out up front, and they moved me through a variety of superiors and peers. They focussed on skills and team chemistry. They were very interested in education and previous experieince, but I think they also wanted to know what my long term plan is. IBM prides itself on very low turnover so they want to be sure you are interested in a long term relationship. They were also very upfront about being flexible with time and work location and I work from home all the time.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer and immediately asked if that wasn't enough to let them know. They didn't move too much off the first offer which was generous but not outrageous.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

An initial phone interview and then I was brought in for five 1:1 interviews. These interviews were more like conversations regarding past experiences, how I would tackle certain business issues and what I was looking for in my next job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you execute a marketing plan from beginning to end?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2011.

The marketing manager position at IBM is pretty straight forward. It totally has around 3-4 rounds starting from the one in Bangalore to an interview with a functional manager within the territory you're being hired for. Questions range from giving a detailed analysis of your resume and giving them an example of some of the marketing work you've done. It would be good to sight some numbers when you give your examples as that could bring an added effect. Finally there is a practical requirement wherein they require the person to write a sample marketing asset (something like concise writing) depending on an example they decide to give you.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a detailed analysis of how you started working on a marketing asset and what business impact did it bring to your organisation with numbers at every step, where applicable   View Answer
    Try and collate all your financial requirements and ensure you get a good entry level package as hikes later maybe quite dry and below normal. Be rigid and highlight the value you bring to the organisation. Remember to impress your functional manager as ultimately they get to give you that budget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

called by recruiter , int scheduled and then rescheduled but it was all on the phone as the interviewer was based out of USA, another round with his boss was smooth as well , and finally the hr called to negotiate and send salary compensation, first they se3nd slaary breakup and then the actual offer letter later once you accept the salary breakup.

Interview Questions
    they have band based broad limit of salaries , and offered a competitive salary as per the market .

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2008.

Approached by job hunter, had a lengthy discussion and a 14 page long job description (which convinced me I was the perfect candidate). Followed by an in-person interview with HR manager, than the fellow marketing manager (this was to see if I match personality wise), marketing director (intense conversation about marketing, checking if I have the knowledge and if I know what marketing is about, great engaging conversation), sales manager (he insisted on describing the hiring process that they assess me from various aspects) another round with HR (wanted to talk more about my education and how it helped me in my personal growth), then another round with marketing VP (who didn't have any questions, told me they want to hire me, but now want to talk about the company, about the job, the marketing vision, so that I knew what I'd be signing up for)

Interview Questions
    • Asking me about a definition in marketing, if I had ever heard about it. Which I didn't! it made me doubt myself if I had missed something, but then it turned out it was more of an internal abbrevation   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in March 2008.

basic vanilla interview process

Interview Questions
    It took forever due to all the IBM processes but I got the base salary I wanted