IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Procurement Professional Interview

Procurement Professional
Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – My interview process was less formal than I anticipated. I had a brief phone screening to discuss the role, and schedule the interview. I then went to the IBM site, and met with the hiring manager to interview, and met 2 other Senior people in the department. I received an offer a few weeks later. I know that this process is less rigorous than others have experienced for the same type of job in other departments. I believe the structure of the hiring process is left very flexible to the discretion of the hiring manager(s).

Interview Question – I have a stack of 40 resumes, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Senior SAP Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interview Details – There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Question – The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Senior Procurement Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Contacted through a recruiter, had 3 interviews (2 by phone, last in person with perspective managers (2). Notified 10 days later, that they wanted to hire, but waited another 60 days before actually started.

Interview Question – What do you do with an enraged client who is screaming and yelling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary since you can look forward to very few raises.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – Mostly went over interests, experiences and goals. There were really no curveball questions. Just be prepared to talk about yourself confidently and clearly. Good to also review recent news items and about the company culture.

Interview Question – There were no questions that stick out. Perhaps why you would be a good fit type of thing   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Client Executive Interview

Client Executive
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Simple process, no surprises

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable with salary

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist
Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Recruited me straight out of college and paid for my relo. Had 3 separate rounds of interviews

Interview Question – How can you program when you don't have a degree for it   View Answer

Partner Interview

Partner
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – IBM has a fairly decent process in initial communications. They are willing to take risks in hiring talent. If you are technical don't assume that the interviewer necessarily knows everything about your area of expertise.

Interview Question – Describe past experience with specific technologies along with a case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – IBM is willing to negotiate within a reasonable range.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – Found the job opening on IBM website. Applied with just a resume. Received an e-mail for a phone interview a week later. The phone interview consisted of the standard question (background, strengths and weaknesses etc), nothing too technical. A second interview was scheduled to give a presentation on a technical subject through webconference. Finally face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to move to NY?   Answer Question

Intern - Consulting Interview

Intern - Consulting
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Question – Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!