IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Procurement Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

My interview process was less formal than I anticipated. I had a brief phone screening to discuss the role, and schedule the interview. I then went to the IBM site, and met with the hiring manager to interview, and met 2 other Senior people in the department. I received an offer a few weeks later. I know that this process is less rigorous than others have experienced for the same type of job in other departments. I believe the structure of the hiring process is left very flexible to the discretion of the hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions
    • I have a stack of 40 resumes, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   View Answer
    Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM.

Contacted through a recruiter, had 3 interviews (2 by phone, last in person with perspective managers (2). Notified 10 days later, that they wanted to hire, but waited another 60 days before actually started.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with an enraged client who is screaming and yelling?   View Answer
    Negotiate salary since you can look forward to very few raises.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Mostly went over interests, experiences and goals. There were really no curveball questions. Just be prepared to talk about yourself confidently and clearly. Good to also review recent news items and about the company culture.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that stick out. Perhaps why you would be a good fit type of thing   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Simple process, no surprises

Not negotiable with salary

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Recruited me straight out of college and paid for my relo. Had 3 separate rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • How can you program when you don't have a degree for it   View Answer

Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

IBM has a fairly decent process in initial communications. They are willing to take risks in hiring talent. If you are technical don't assume that the interviewer necessarily knows everything about your area of expertise.

Interview Questions
    • Describe past experience with specific technologies along with a case study   View Answer
    IBM is willing to negotiate within a reasonable range.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Found the job opening on IBM website. Applied with just a resume. Received an e-mail for a phone interview a week later. The phone interview consisted of the standard question (background, strengths and weaknesses etc), nothing too technical. A second interview was scheduled to give a presentation on a technical subject through webconference. Finally face-to-face interview.

Intern - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!