IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 15, 2015

Financial Analyst/Transfer Pricing Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1 was a phone interview with my current Manager. Asking what I knew about the role and then explaining different aspects I didn't know much about. After that 30 minute call we set up a formal in person Interview for the next week. Round 2 was at CHQ in Armonk where I now work as an Intern. I spent 1 1/2 hours interviewing with my Manager. Explaining different things I had on my resume, how I could contribute and what I expected to get out of my experience as an intern at IBM. The next person I interviewed with was a Senior Brand Adviser on the Transfer Pricing Team, this was another 45 minutes. He explained to me the different roles and projects I may be associated with if I am hired and the time commitment I would have to make in order to fulfill my duties to IBM while still being a full time student during the Fall and Spring Semester. Having good technical skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint) was a very important part of my success in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• what would be the most important part of being a part of our team if you are hired?   1 Answer

Market Development and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. The application only required submission of a resume. The interview itself consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews, during which the interviewers asked a number of questions about my resume. Nothing out of the ordinary for behavioral questions. I was notified of my application status after about a week and a half.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, resume questions and behavioral questions. I spoke to the manager and a few people on the team. Nothing technical, they were just trying to get to know me more

Intern - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with senior IBM resource manager by chance at a job fair in manhattan on a friday. After some causual and snappy discussion, he asked for my resume, which I had on me. It was crisp, well written, engaging and firmly planted the hook. He then directed me to some additional colleagues, who gave me an on the spot rapid fire 10 minute round robin interview, which concluded with scheduling a meeting and formal interview/vetting for the following monday. When I showed up on monday, they had all the offer letters, hiring forms and other paperwork ready and made me an offer. I worked for IBM for two years and then Left for a BBD on Wall street. To this day my decision to leave IBM was the most difficult one I have ever made in my professional career, and I would go back to IBM in a heartbeat. The point is, be prepared, and be prepared for anything, and be prepared to be decisive and confident on who you are, what you know, and what you don't. Smart, experienced, talented people can smell BS and indecisiveness mile away.

Interview Questions

• In your mind, What woud be the worst case scenario for you while working at IBM ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to wisecrack, but They made an offer I could not refuse. It was best and last, and it was a very good and fair offer.

Research Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown Heights, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Yorktown Heights, NY).

Interview

Gave a presentation, which was followed by 9 rounds of interviews. Mostly "fluffy" questions though

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.. they give you a standard package based on your position

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Very standard interview, tough at some points when things got technical. I don't think it would be very different for other tech-related companies if you are applying for this position.

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview on campus with alumni representative. Personality interview that covered basic interview questions. Second and final round interview at IBM offices in NYC. Interviewed with three people, two of which were basic personality type interviews and the third was a case study. The case study was fairly straightforward, they weren't trying to trick you or throw anything really unexpected at you, just see that you prepared and try to understand your critical thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for case study, not unexpected but need to familiarize yourself beforehand. Other questions were straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Change Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Heavy OB / Org Psych focus First round: informational / get to know interview with Associate Partner Second round: informational phone interview with a consultant Third and final round: Group case + two individual interviews (strategy case & behavioral) The overall process was light, positive, and very different from what I expected. Waiting for final result now.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Easy process. Phone screen then interview in office -- 3 30 minute interviews. Whole thing took several months.