IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Senior Strategy Consultant
Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2012.

Interview Details – There are total of 5 interviews- 2 first round on campus or phone and 3 onsite interviews. All of them comprises of a case interview and behavioral

Interview Question – EPS ratio of IBM   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. The salary was standard

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Advisory Software Engineer
East Fishkill, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Why do you like about software?

Interview Question – What do you do then a project is behind schedule?   View Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2009.

Interview Details – Applied to the position through campus recruiting. The night before they did a presentation and networking night with two junior associates. The next day there was a greeter in the campus room while we waited to interview. She spoke with each of the candidates about our school and other items. I had two behaviorial interviews -- one with a Director and one with a Senior Internal Auditor. Both of these interviews were very casual and strictly behaviorial.

Interview Question – What would you change about your former employer?   Answer Question

Senior Software Sales Interview

Senior Software Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had six rounds of interviews. Be well prepared and confident in your ability to demonstrate your sales strategies. Make sure you know the product line your interviewing for.

Interview Question – what's your 30,60,90 day developmental action plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a sign on bonus first in a long history for IBM. Base I got was $110k

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – One in-person interview with the client with the engagement manager present and an IBM project manager on the phone.

Interview Question – The client asking a question of me about agile management and the IBM project manager interrupting the client and telling the client that we do not do agile management.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Associate Partner
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details – IBM interview via phone first. Possibly multiple interviews. Then hiring day visit and interviews at a location where a group of candidates will be interviewed and my be given business cases to solve and present.

Interview Question – If you are who they want it wont be difficult. Try to stand out.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Financial Analyst Intern
Somers, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – The interviewer first asked several ordinary questions regarding the background and work experience. Then started letting me to ask her questions instead.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was candidate knowledge sharing. It was also very informative as you learned more about the job and responsibilites.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult team member?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wa offered basically the same package that I had a previous company so I was satisfied

Very Easy Interview

Scientist/Engineer Interview

Scientist/Engineer
East Fishkill, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quite easy

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Recruited at on-campus job-fair. Flown out to IBM Poughkeepsie to go through a full day of interviewing with at least 8 people. Interview was entirely behavioral, with general technical questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question