IBM

2.9

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Applied online through campus recruiting fair. Had been chosen to go to NYC for the first screen interview. The interviewer was not looking for the background which matched to mine (VLSI design). He told me he will forward my resume to the right group. It might take longer to get the next round. One of my friend who has matched background in process technology got second round right one day interview next week and visited the foundry. Overall, I think they should have a telephone call before calling candidates for a trip (not paid)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate. market

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

6 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

I applied the position through campus career website, and got the first interview notice about one week later. After first interview, I had site interview opportunity. The whole interview process was well organized. About 30 people attended the interview. I talked with three managers. Interview questions were not very difficult.

Consultant, GBS Consulting By Degrees, Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Three 30 minute 1:1 interviews: behavioral, technical, then followed by a case. Two of the interviewees were senior managing consultants, other was a managing consultant. Entire process took less than two weeks.

Behavioral interview was pretty standard, mainly focusing on group work and how you interact with others in a group setting. Technical interview was also very straightforward. No tricky questions, they really just wanted to get to know you better. My case was on Pricing Strategies--a little tricky, but still a pretty standard management consulting case.

Overall, all the interviewees were extremely nice, and did not try to give me a hard time.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Straightforward 1:1 interview on-campus with the recruiter. The recruiter was smooth about asking questions/jumping questions that he thought were redundant after hearing some of my answers. It was a very comfortable 30 minute conversation.

Associate Partner/Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

I had an opportunity to interview with IBM for consulting/transformation positions. I was kind of disappointed that despite being an internal referral, the whole interview process took over 90 days plus and I was connecting with people in person that I had already spoken over the phone. There was no emphasis put in to connect me with the right folks who had a better understanding of my background as well as aligning me with the right opportunity.

There was a gap of over a month or so to connect with each interviewer, interestingly enough all interviewers were local. Then during the in-person session, I had to wait for over 30 mins or so to connect with the interviewer. The rest of the sessions were also conducted in haste and were poorly planned. One interviewer was preparing for his GMAT and was really not in the frame of mind. What really threw me off was that a person with 12-15 years of experience was interviewing with candidates who were in 7-9 years work experience bracket. Although smart, but they could not comprehend or connect the dots.

In general, I would recommend to ensure the role you are interviewing for, the level, who are you going to connect with in-person, what's their background and so forth to avoid a very lengthy cycle of interviews.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Two interviews. One with hiring manager and then with his boss.

Everything had to be approved from India

People Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Phone call, then face to face, then another face to face.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult employee.   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2012.

I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day and lasted 0.5 hours. We then set up an on-site interview for a few days later. The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours as I was interviewed by 8 people for 3 or 4 different jobs. Some interviewers were there to offer insight to the hiring managers. Got a tour of the facility, free lunch in their dining hall, and they rented me a car to drive their since I live over 50 miles away from the site. Things felt good after the interview.

About a week later I got emails from human resources about requesting work history, address history, and background check authorization. I also got a link to the "dreaded" IBM IPAT test, which is very similar to a GRE test, but a little more difficult (I highly recommend doing the practice questions they give you). A few days later I noticed that my application status on IBM's website was "offer" and later that day I received an offer via email. Neato! I did not try to negotiate as the offer was VERY acceptable. Process from application to offer acceptance took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned thoroughly on the contents of my resume, as my experience made me a prime candidate for the position even though I was fresh out of college. They were keen on seeing if I could intelligently and succinctly explain my technical experience, whether it be from class projects or elective undergraduate research. I believe I also demonstrated my willingness to learn while on the job (lean manufacturing, etc.) as well as enthusiasm for the position and the company.

I was also asked typical behavioral questions one would expect.

Answer Question