IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY

98 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2012.

There are total of 5 interviews- 2 first round on campus or phone and 3 onsite interviews. All of them comprises of a case interview and behavioral

Interview Questions
    Not able to negotiate. The salary was standard

GBS Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in August 2012.

3 back-to-back interviews, 2 are behavioral and one is a case study interview. Know your resume well, be able to explain what would make you a good fit for the position and be able to describe what a consultant does.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just highlight why you would be a good consultant   Answer Question

better offers

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in July 2012.

get an email about setting up phone interview. after phone interview w/ HR manager, setup a onsite interview. Onsite interview just lasted half day and ended after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • In a night shift, you found an issue in the product line and stopping the process would lose the product, and there is no other experienced person you can rely on, What you will do?   Answer Question

Unix/Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

One phone interview, one on site interview. First interview was a phone interview with team members. Team manager was not present. Asked a lot of questions about experience and documentation. Second interview was in person, asked a lot of the same questions again and walked through the data center. Team manager was not present for this interview either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Straight forward questions about experience and methods. Emphasis on procedure and documentation.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not permitted for contract employees.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2012.

I had two rounds of interview. Initial round was telephonic, which was easy. Just the usual BA questions were asked and it was 15 minutes long. Final round was a panel interview, which was more like a technical round. They gave me some scenarios and asked to create use case diagrams.Also asked about RUP process.

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

The interview seem like a courtesy more than an actual oppty. Very broad based questions, tell me what you did and how that can be applied to this position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somers, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Very informative process. I recommend to do your reviewing and see how things go. It will be over the phone interviews. So I recommend practicing your vocal skills and trying to convey a sense of companionship and initiative. Its very easy to sounds bland and boring. But bland and boring will not land the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to bring to the company?   View Answer
    Straightforward.

Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Applied online, got an email which led to a first round phone interview which was personality/fit based. I then went into NYC for the final round interviews since they don't do on campus recruiting at my school. I had two 30-minute, 1 on 1 interviews. One behavioral/fit, the other was the case. Got a phone call a week later saying they were offering me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell a product or an idea to a group.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

I applied at the IBM website and the whole process from application to job offer was 5 months. Initially, the recruiter contacted me quickly within 2 weeks. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire related to the job. I didn't hear from them for months thereafter. I applied for a similar position after several months and was contacted by the recruiter. About a month later I phone interviewed with 2 managers. Then I got the offer after a week. It was a lengthy disorganized process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly behavioral ones like how did you handle this (scenario). If you are experienced these types of questions are easy to answer because you have gone through them in real life. For example, how do you handle a difficult client manager?   View Answer
    There is very little to no room for negotiation. IBM pays lower than their competitors. Be prepared to walk away from the offer if the salary is really below your expectations because from what I hear you won't get a raise for years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

initial communications with company,organization and plan the interview as per the norms of the company one should be able to express her him in front of an interviewer in a presentable wat thats all..

Interview Questions
    • questions might be asked related on java and other progamming languages   Answer Question