IBM Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Inside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Great communication throughout the interview process. Not an overall difficult interview. Seemed to be just finding the right fit for the job.

Negotiation

Salary was based on number of college credits completed. Offer surpassed my expectations. No need for negotiation.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Questions

• What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview process is usually by phone and managers are often traveling or remote. Can be difficult to get a real sense for the interviewer or the culture.

Interview Questions

• What project that you worked had the most impact on the business overall?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somers, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Somers, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions

• The interviewer first asked several ordinary questions regarding the background and work experience. Then started letting me to ask her questions instead.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (White Plains, NY).

Interview

Initially required to take an aptitude test, then interviewed by three different people as part of the overall evaluation

Negotiation

I accepted the initial offer as I really wanted this position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions

• They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with their managers.
    Chalk talk and a formal 20-minute presentation to a group of people.
    Company did not reimburse me $41 for my travel and lunch expense.
    The hiring manager sarcastically told me that "We are not that generous."

Interview Questions

• Why you don't have a recent experience with a big company?   1 Answer

Development Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting fair. Had been chosen to go to NYC for the first screen interview. The interviewer was not looking for the background which matched to mine (VLSI design). He told me he will forward my resume to the right group. It might take longer to get the next round. One of my friend who has matched background in process technology got second round right one day interview next week and visited the foundry. Overall, I think they should have a telephone call before calling candidates for a trip (not paid)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

did not negotiate. market

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

6 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• Hope you will consider our offer.   1 Answer

They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.