IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Senior SAP Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interview Details – There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Question – The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Senior Procurement Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Contacted through a recruiter, had 3 interviews (2 by phone, last in person with perspective managers (2). Notified 10 days later, that they wanted to hire, but waited another 60 days before actually started.

Interview Question – What do you do with an enraged client who is screaming and yelling?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary since you can look forward to very few raises.

Very Easy Interview

Client Executive Interview

Client Executive
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Simple process, no surprises

Negotiation Details – Not negotiable with salary

Partner Interview

Partner
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – IBM has a fairly decent process in initial communications. They are willing to take risks in hiring talent. If you are technical don't assume that the interviewer necessarily knows everything about your area of expertise.

Interview Question – Describe past experience with specific technologies along with a case study   View Answer

Negotiation Details – IBM is willing to negotiate within a reasonable range.

Intern - Consulting Interview

Intern - Consulting
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Question – Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Sales Leader Interview

Sales Leader
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with hiring manager and then with his boss.

Negotiation Details – Everything had to be approved from India

Consulting By Degrees Interview

Consulting By Degrees
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through employee referral in August. Interviewed in NYC. 3 back to back to back 30 minute interviews. 1 case. Standard personality fit questions and why you want to work for IBM

Interview Question – tell me about a time you did something innovative   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The Program is more rotational and I felt I wouldn't be able to progress my career and become proficient in a specific area.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Met with senior IBM resource manager by chance at a job fair in manhattan on a friday. After some causual and snappy discussion, he asked for my resume, which I had on me. It was crisp, well written, engaging and firmly planted the hook. He then directed me to some additional colleagues, who gave me an on the spot rapid fire 10 minute round robin interview, which concluded with scheduling a meeting and formal interview/vetting for the following monday.
When I showed up on monday, they had all the offer letters, hiring forms and other paperwork ready and made me an offer. I worked for IBM for two years and then
Left for a BBD on Wall street. To this day my decision to leave IBM was the most difficult one I have ever made in my professional career, and I would go back to IBM in a heartbeat.
The point is, be prepared, and be prepared for anything, and be prepared to be decisive and confident on who you are, what you know, and what you don't. Smart, experienced, talented people can smell BS and indecisiveness mile away.

Interview Question – In your mind, What woud be the worst case scenario for you while working at IBM ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not to wisecrack, but They made an offer I could not refuse. It was best and last, and it was a very good and fair offer.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in October 2013.

Interview Details – Easy process. Phone screen then interview in office -- 3 30 minute interviews. Whole thing took several months.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were innovative   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!