IBM Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Jul 9, 2015

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted through a recruiter, had 3 interviews (2 by phone, last in person with perspective managers (2). Notified 10 days later, that they wanted to hire, but waited another 60 days before actually started.

Interview Questions

• What do you do with an enraged client who is screaming and yelling?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate salary since you can look forward to very few raises.

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later i got an email saying i should come for an interview, the process was quick.i was interviewed by 4 different people. after the interview i was told they will get back to me in less than 2 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was tedious and time consuming. The staff was somewhat friendly. They just stared at you the entire time. They always question your abilities and leadership skills. I feel as if the company needs to be more fair and respectful. I have never been in a process like this before. You must know someone from the inside of the company, to succeed in a job here. I will be going to DELL as their interview process is easier. IBM should be a shame.

Interview Questions

• Teach us the steps in technology   1 Answer

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple process, no surprises

Negotiation

Not negotiable with salary

Market Development and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. The application only required submission of a resume. The interview itself consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews, during which the interviewers asked a number of questions about my resume. Nothing out of the ordinary for behavioral questions. I was notified of my application status after about a week and a half.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, resume questions and behavioral questions. I spoke to the manager and a few people on the team. Nothing technical, they were just trying to get to know me more

Intern - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Questions

• Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with senior IBM resource manager by chance at a job fair in manhattan on a friday. After some causual and snappy discussion, he asked for my resume, which I had on me. It was crisp, well written, engaging and firmly planted the hook. He then directed me to some additional colleagues, who gave me an on the spot rapid fire 10 minute round robin interview, which concluded with scheduling a meeting and formal interview/vetting for the following monday. When I showed up on monday, they had all the offer letters, hiring forms and other paperwork ready and made me an offer. I worked for IBM for two years and then Left for a BBD on Wall street. To this day my decision to leave IBM was the most difficult one I have ever made in my professional career, and I would go back to IBM in a heartbeat. The point is, be prepared, and be prepared for anything, and be prepared to be decisive and confident on who you are, what you know, and what you don't. Smart, experienced, talented people can smell BS and indecisiveness mile away.

Interview Questions

• In your mind, What woud be the worst case scenario for you while working at IBM ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not to wisecrack, but They made an offer I could not refuse. It was best and last, and it was a very good and fair offer.

Entry-Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial interview on campus with alumni representative. Personality interview that covered basic interview questions. Second and final round interview at IBM offices in NYC. Interviewed with three people, two of which were basic personality type interviews and the third was a case study. The case study was fairly straightforward, they weren't trying to trick you or throw anything really unexpected at you, just see that you prepared and try to understand your critical thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for case study, not unexpected but need to familiarize yourself beforehand. Other questions were straightforward interview questions.   Answer Question