IBM

Updated Nov 3, 2014

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question
    did not negotiate. market

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2012.

6 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

I applied the position through campus career website, and got the first interview notice about one week later. After first interview, I had site interview opportunity. The whole interview process was well organized. About 30 people attended the interview. I talked with three managers. Interview questions were not very difficult.

Associate Partner/Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

I had an opportunity to interview with IBM for consulting/transformation positions. I was kind of disappointed that despite being an internal referral, the whole interview process took over 90 days plus and I was connecting with people in person that I had already spoken over the phone. There was no emphasis put in to connect me with the right folks who had a better understanding of my background as well as aligning me with the right opportunity.

There was a gap of over a month or so to connect with each interviewer, interestingly enough all interviewers were local. Then during the in-person session, I had to wait for over 30 mins or so to connect with the interviewer. The rest of the sessions were also conducted in haste and were poorly planned. One interviewer was preparing for his GMAT and was really not in the frame of mind. What really threw me off was that a person with 12-15 years of experience was interviewing with candidates who were in 7-9 years work experience bracket. Although smart, but they could not comprehend or connect the dots.

In general, I would recommend to ensure the role you are interviewing for, the level, who are you going to connect with in-person, what's their background and so forth to avoid a very lengthy cycle of interviews.

Consultant, GBS Consulting By Degrees, Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Three 30 minute 1:1 interviews: behavioral, technical, then followed by a case. Two of the interviewees were senior managing consultants, other was a managing consultant. Entire process took less than two weeks.

Behavioral interview was pretty standard, mainly focusing on group work and how you interact with others in a group setting. Technical interview was also very straightforward. No tricky questions, they really just wanted to get to know you better. My case was on Pricing Strategies--a little tricky, but still a pretty standard management consulting case.

Overall, all the interviewees were extremely nice, and did not try to give me a hard time.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Two interviews. One with hiring manager and then with his boss.

Everything had to be approved from India

GBS Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2012.

3 back-to-back interviews, 2 are behavioral and one is a case study interview. Know your resume well, be able to explain what would make you a good fit for the position and be able to describe what a consultant does.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just highlight why you would be a good consultant   Answer Question

better offers

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2012.

get an email about setting up phone interview. after phone interview w/ HR manager, setup a onsite interview. Onsite interview just lasted half day and ended after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • In a night shift, you found an issue in the product line and stopping the process would lose the product, and there is no other experienced person you can rely on, What you will do?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

I had two rounds of interview. Initial round was telephonic, which was easy. Just the usual BA questions were asked and it was 15 minutes long. Final round was a panel interview, which was more like a technical round. They gave me some scenarios and asked to create use case diagrams.Also asked about RUP process.

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in March 2012.

The interview seem like a courtesy more than an actual oppty. Very broad based questions, tell me what you did and how that can be applied to this position.