IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was candidate knowledge sharing. It was also very informative as you learned more about the job and responsibilites.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult team member?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wa offered basically the same package that I had a previous company so I was satisfied

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is usually by phone and managers are often traveling or remote. Can be difficult to get a real sense for the interviewer or the culture.

Interview Question – What project that you worked had the most impact on the business overall?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Intern Interview

Inside Sales Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2013.

Interview Details – Great communication throughout the interview process. Not an overall difficult interview. Seemed to be just finding the right fit for the job.

Negotiation Details – Salary was based on number of college credits completed. Offer surpassed my expectations. No need for negotiation.

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Incredible hiring and interview process

Interview Question – What are you going to immediately contribute to our practice area?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get it ALL coming in - you will NOT see a dime / raise for at LEAST three years; more if you're not working yourself to death. Get your money "up front" and make at least one counter, if needed.

Consulting Internship Interview

Consulting Internship
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email which led to a first round phone interview which was personality/fit based. I then went into NYC for the final round interviews since they don't do on campus recruiting at my school. I had two 30-minute, 1 on 1 interviews. One behavioral/fit, the other was the case. Got a phone call a week later saying they were offering me the internship.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to sell a product or an idea to a group.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – 4 interviews to get in, every time you have a new job you will have more interviews unless you move in a role in the same department

Interview Question – revenue deferral/ accruals - technical questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they gave me an offer and I accepted. I should have negotiated because once you start working there you will rarely see a pay increase

Associate Partner/Senior Consultant Interview

Associate Partner/Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an opportunity to interview with IBM for consulting/transformation positions. I was kind of disappointed that despite being an internal referral, the whole interview process took over 90 days plus and I was connecting with people in person that I had already spoken over the phone. There was no emphasis put in to connect me with the right folks who had a better understanding of my background as well as aligning me with the right opportunity.

There was a gap of over a month or so to connect with each interviewer, interestingly enough all interviewers were local. Then during the in-person session, I had to wait for over 30 mins or so to connect with the interviewer. The rest of the sessions were also conducted in haste and were poorly planned. One interviewer was preparing for his GMAT and was really not in the frame of mind. What really threw me off was that a person with 12-15 years of experience was interviewing with candidates who were in 7-9 years work experience bracket. Although smart, but they could not comprehend or connect the dots.

In general, I would recommend to ensure the role you are interviewing for, the level, who are you going to connect with in-person, what's their background and so forth to avoid a very lengthy cycle of interviews.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Interview Details – 6 rounds of interview

Interview Question – Hope you will consider our offer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They interviewed 6 rounds, and made a decision to offer. The offer they gave was for a lower position than what I applied for. Other IBM friends told me that it is an insult. I told the same and declined the offer. The offer they gave was even lower than my current pay.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Interview Details – Process was straight forward, but long. Spread out over several months. Two phone screens; then invite to the IBM interview day. Day was as describe by others. Group of candidates with similar backgrounds but varying degrees of experience. Day consisted of light networking with those invited and HR. Overview of IBM and the Group; broken into teams for the exercise (i. e. the Case study); Team Presentations. Two 30 minute interviews; 1-Associate Partner; 1- Sr. Managing Consultant.

Interview Question – Where do you see your skills/experiences being most useful based on the role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate. market

Very Easy Interview

Development Product Engineer Interview

Development Product Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus recruiting fair. Had been chosen to go to NYC for the first screen interview. The interviewer was not looking for the background which matched to mine (VLSI design). He told me he will forward my resume to the right group. It might take longer to get the next round. One of my friend who has matched background in process technology got second round right one day interview next week and visited the foundry. Overall, I think they should have a telephone call before calling candidates for a trip (not paid)

Interview Question – All about my researches.   Answer Question