IBM

2.8

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

I had an internal referral, so that speeded up the process.
    -Three face to face interviews
    -Two phone interviews
    -Verbal offer of role
    -Official offer letter

The entire process was about two months. Part of that was slowed down because I had some travel at some points they wanted to meet. IBM does seem to be process heavy in the interview process, but the individuals themselves find ways to focus on the right conversations/speed.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work from your career do you NOT want to do again?   Answer Question
    Negotiation wasn't much. I had a competitive offer so they negotiated a little, but I get the filling that salary's, benefits aren't easy to change a lot.

Procurement Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

My interview process was less formal than I anticipated. I had a brief phone screening to discuss the role, and schedule the interview. I then went to the IBM site, and met with the hiring manager to interview, and met 2 other Senior people in the department. I received an offer a few weeks later. I know that this process is less rigorous than others have experienced for the same type of job in other departments. I believe the structure of the hiring process is left very flexible to the discretion of the hiring manager(s).

Interview Questions
    • I have a stack of 40 resumes, what makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Very long process. Three telephone screens -- first with HR, second with peer consultant, third with consulting management. The next phase is a face-2-face all-day interview blitz. 4 more rounds of interviews and finish the day with a group case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study is fairly quick, but lots of pressure. There's a final presentation at the end of the day.   View Answer
    Fairly simple. There's room to negotiate on both the base salary, as well as the starting bonus.

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Contacted through a recruiter, had 3 interviews (2 by phone, last in person with perspective managers (2). Notified 10 days later, that they wanted to hire, but waited another 60 days before actually started.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with an enraged client who is screaming and yelling?   View Answer
    Negotiate salary since you can look forward to very few raises.

Senior SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

There would be a telephonic technical round which would last for about 1.5 hours. Then they would call you in for a personal interview. There will be two face to face interviews that would last 45 mins each. The interview would be more about your experiences in a day to day consulting experiences and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me how I was different from the rest of the people out there. Tell me something that was good and bad about me (personality type questions)   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Simple process, no surprises

Not negotiable with salary

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Recruited me straight out of college and paid for my relo. Had 3 separate rounds of interviews

Interview Questions
    • How can you program when you don't have a degree for it   View Answer

Market Development and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

I applied through on campus recruiting. The application only required submission of a resume. The interview itself consisted of two 30 minute behavioral interviews, during which the interviewers asked a number of questions about my resume. Nothing out of the ordinary for behavioral questions. I was notified of my application status after about a week and a half.

Intern - Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Initial phone screening with VP level executive. Mostly behavioral in nature with a few critical thinking exercises. Followed up by a phone case interview involving market sizing and strategy development.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview about market sizing and strategy development.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Met with senior IBM resource manager by chance at a job fair in manhattan on a friday. After some causual and snappy discussion, he asked for my resume, which I had on me. It was crisp, well written, engaging and firmly planted the hook. He then directed me to some additional colleagues, who gave me an on the spot rapid fire 10 minute round robin interview, which concluded with scheduling a meeting and formal interview/vetting for the following monday.
    When I showed up on monday, they had all the offer letters, hiring forms and other paperwork ready and made me an offer. I worked for IBM for two years and then
    Left for a BBD on Wall street. To this day my decision to leave IBM was the most difficult one I have ever made in my professional career, and I would go back to IBM in a heartbeat.
    The point is, be prepared, and be prepared for anything, and be prepared to be decisive and confident on who you are, what you know, and what you don't. Smart, experienced, talented people can smell BS and indecisiveness mile away.

Interview Questions
    • In your mind, What woud be the worst case scenario for you while working at IBM ?   View Answer
    Not to wisecrack, but They made an offer I could not refuse. It was best and last, and it was a very good and fair offer.