IBM Interview Questions in New York State

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Director of Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Somers, NY).

Interview

The desire for executive position was several years before making the move. Developed executive sponsors and mentors. Took a 2nd line manager position for 6 months under the advice of my VP. Finally met and presented to Several VPs reviewing my qualifications and skills, then presented to the General Manager of Division.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

3 interviews, all were phone calls, pretty straightforward. Mostly behavioral questions, they try to understand how you act in some situations since this is a sales role. No tricks, very nice people

Device Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

It is two steps process. first is a phone interview, then 2nd is a on site interview. in onsite interview, 7-8 interviewers take interview. the candidate has also to give a seminar based on his/her research work.

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Really short and simple. It seemed as though they really knew what they were looking for. I didn't know if I wanted to work for them again but in the interview they really turned my feelings around. I really hope that I get the job there and I am able to utilize my talents for IBM once again.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A few case questions, but nothing to difficult. Went through my resume and had a few questions about my prior jobs and what they were. Also called my references which were listed on my resume. It was a pretty laid back interview, but it seemed like they had dozens of applicants for only a couple jobs.

Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was a quick phone call, which was quickly followed up with an email asking for an in-person interview with 3 senior team members. The 3 meetings were back to back, where I sat in one room, and they came in. This seemed to be a super interview day as I noticed a few others there for the same position.

Unit Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Albany, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

First is the phone interview which includes a brief description of the previous work. The phone interview lasted about twenty minutes. After that is the on site interview which includes a one-hour presentation and eight one-to-one interviews. All interviewers were nice and asked meaningful technical questions. Only a few behavior questions were mentioned. No HR person is included in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly the questions related to the presentation and the technical questions related to the field. Only a few behavior questions.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Poughkeepsie, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a university career fair, had an on-campus interview. Got contacted a week later by various IBM locations and proceeded with interviewing with IBM, Poughkeepsie. After a short phone interview, I was invited to visit their campus and proceed with a full day of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• - Basic digital logic questions (draw the truth table for a mux etc)
      - Draw an FSM for sequence recognition.
      - Draw a pipelined processor off the top of your mind.
      - What's a cache? mention the type of cache misses. What's spacial and temporal locality etc

Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through college job board. Heard back about 2 weeks later.

The interview consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and one technical interview.

In the technical interview, they provide a case study which you are supposed to evaluate and explain your thought process to the interviewers. If you get stuck, they push you along and try to set you in the right direction.

The behavioral interviews were just like any behavioral interviews. They ask about your strong/weak points, where you're looking to be in 5 years, team projects you've worked on, etc.

Thermal Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IBM (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview happened via phone call. It was incredibly casual. The entire interview took about an hour and my interviewer was very kind. Very typical questions such as greatest achievement, greatest weakness, etc. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest achievement?   1 Answer