IBM Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiters on campus after a quick introduction at a career fair. They asked me some questions about my experience as well as a few behavioral questions. They then told me about the location and position in more detail. I was then invited to an on site interview which took almost a full 8 hours. I met with 10 different employees who ranged from easy going all the way to curmudgeonly old farts who asked trick questions so they could see how you react under pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Submit the resume online. Wait for around 4 weeks to get the phone interview. Phone interview was around 1 hr. After that, schedule an onsite interview. The onsite is a whole day, several 1:1 interview. The whole process was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you come here? 2. Introduce projects you did and follow up questions 3. Stuff related to your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hopewell Junction, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day and lasted 0.5 hours. We then set up an on-site interview for a few days later. The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours as I was interviewed by 8 people for 3 or 4 different jobs. Some interviewers were there to offer insight to the hiring managers. Got a tour of the facility, free lunch in their dining hall, and they rented me a car to drive their since I live over 50 miles away from the site. Things felt good after the interview. About a week later I got emails from human resources about requesting work history, address history, and background check authorization. I also got a link to the "dreaded" IBM IPAT test, which is very similar to a GRE test, but a little more difficult (I highly recommend doing the practice questions they give you). A few days later I noticed that my application status on IBM's website was "offer" and later that day I received an offer via email. Neato! I did not try to negotiate as the offer was VERY acceptable. Process from application to offer acceptance took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was questioned thoroughly on the contents of my resume, as my experience made me a prime candidate for the position even though I was fresh out of college. They were keen on seeing if I could intelligently and succinctly explain my technical experience, whether it be from class projects or elective undergraduate research. I believe I also demonstrated my willingness to learn while on the job (lean manufacturing, etc.) as well as enthusiasm for the position and the company. I was also asked typical behavioral questions one would expect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

get an email about setting up phone interview. after phone interview w/ HR manager, setup a onsite interview. Onsite interview just lasted half day and ended after lunch.

Interview Questions

• In a night shift, you found an issue in the product line and stopping the process would lose the product, and there is no other experienced person you can rely on, What you will do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hopewell Junction, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Found the job opening on IBM website. Applied with just a resume. Received an e-mail for a phone interview a week later. The phone interview consisted of the standard question (background, strengths and weaknesses etc), nothing too technical. A second interview was scheduled to give a presentation on a technical subject through webconference. Finally face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in December 2009.

Interview

IBM's overall interview process was very positive. All employees made me feel like I was the guest of honor, and it was the company's privilege to have me there. I was handed off to various employees, mostly to ask about the workplace environment.

Interview Questions

• Mainly no technical question, just general inquiries into items on my resume; but no 'give me a time when...' questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, and the prospect was raised by my hiring manager.