IBM

IBM Process Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2012.

I applied online and was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day and lasted 0.5 hours. We then set up an on-site interview for a few days later. The on-site interview lasted about 7 hours as I was interviewed by 8 people for 3 or 4 different jobs. Some interviewers were there to offer insight to the hiring managers. Got a tour of the facility, free lunch in their dining hall, and they rented me a car to drive their since I live over 50 miles away from the site. Things felt good after the interview.

About a week later I got emails from human resources about requesting work history, address history, and background check authorization. I also got a link to the "dreaded" IBM IPAT test, which is very similar to a GRE test, but a little more difficult (I highly recommend doing the practice questions they give you). A few days later I noticed that my application status on IBM's website was "offer" and later that day I received an offer via email. Neato! I did not try to negotiate as the offer was VERY acceptable. Process from application to offer acceptance took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • I was questioned thoroughly on the contents of my resume, as my experience made me a prime candidate for the position even though I was fresh out of college. They were keen on seeing if I could intelligently and succinctly explain my technical experience, whether it be from class projects or elective undergraduate research. I believe I also demonstrated my willingness to learn while on the job (lean manufacturing, etc.) as well as enthusiasm for the position and the company.

I was also asked typical behavioral questions one would expect.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2012.

get an email about setting up phone interview. after phone interview w/ HR manager, setup a onsite interview. Onsite interview just lasted half day and ended after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • In a night shift, you found an issue in the product line and stopping the process would lose the product, and there is no other experienced person you can rely on, What you will do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Found the job opening on IBM website. Applied with just a resume. Received an e-mail for a phone interview a week later. The phone interview consisted of the standard question (background, strengths and weaknesses etc), nothing too technical. A second interview was scheduled to give a presentation on a technical subject through webconference. Finally face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2009.

IBM's overall interview process was very positive. All employees made me feel like I was the guest of honor, and it was the company's privilege to have me there. I was handed off to various employees, mostly to ask about the workplace environment.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly no technical question, just general inquiries into items on my resume; but no 'give me a time when...' questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate, and the prospect was raised by my hiring manager.