IBM

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 different managers

Interview Question – Give a scenario where something went wrong on a project and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Question – Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview Details – The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Question – What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Interview Details – Hired in as contractor, hired full time 1 year later. The interview process was good, did not take too much time. Worked here for over 16 years, then PC division was sold to Lenovo.

Negotiation Details – They told me what I would be making and I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had only one over the phone interview, after this they called about 2 weeks later with an offer. Company gave me one week to answer the offer and one month to relocate. After arriving to location I was given a two week training on general IBM processes and specific project management processes

Negotiation Details – I could only negotiate the starting date, salary was not negotiable

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was candidate knowledge sharing. It was also very informative as you learned more about the job and responsibilites.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult team member?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wa offered basically the same package that I had a previous company so I was satisfied

Armonk, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview Details – Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Question – They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Dubuque, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed in fall of 2010 at a technical services delivery center. I met a company rep at a job fair and he encouraged me to arrange an interview. The interview process was very professional. I caught a quick glimpse of the main floor, it's very open with short cubicles. In the interview there were fairly standard questions asked. The one takeaway I was able to gather was that coming in an an entry level employee they expect you to work as many hours as the job requires (travel, project tasks, etc). Work/life balance appears to be very poor and opportunity for advancement seemed questionable. But very impressive office space, it's incredibly green-friendly which I appreciated. Very fast-paced though.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about what we do here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Dubuque, IA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online twice for the same job. Nothing the first time. Second time mentioned a contact that was an IBM employee. Their hiring team is in another state. Only one HR person onsite so the Managers do the interviewing. Got a call to set up the interview. Interviewed with a manager that hardly spoke about the available position.

Interview Question – Hardly spoke about the actual position. They just spoke about thier experiences at IBM.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A woman in another state called with an offer about a week later. Told her I'd get back with her - called and asked for more money she didn't even run it by anyone just automatically said no. Took the position.

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview Details – My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Negotiation Details – Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.