IBM

Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions
    There was none, take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2013.

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions
    • They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Initially staffing agency shortlisted and forwarded resume then a personal interview and then just 1 more final interview regarding package

Interview Questions
    • Explain about your previous IT Project   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I had only one over the phone interview, after this they called about 2 weeks later with an offer. Company gave me one week to answer the offer and one month to relocate. After arriving to location I was given a two week training on general IBM processes and specific project management processes

I could only negotiate the starting date, salary was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different managers

Interview Questions
    • Give a scenario where something went wrong on a project and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interviewed in fall of 2010 at a technical services delivery center. I met a company rep at a job fair and he encouraged me to arrange an interview. The interview process was very professional. I caught a quick glimpse of the main floor, it's very open with short cubicles. In the interview there were fairly standard questions asked. The one takeaway I was able to gather was that coming in an an entry level employee they expect you to work as many hours as the job requires (travel, project tasks, etc). Work/life balance appears to be very poor and opportunity for advancement seemed questionable. But very impressive office space, it's incredibly green-friendly which I appreciated. Very fast-paced though.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about what we do here?   View Answer