IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came to IBM in outsourcing deal. Only interview was validation of my job at former company. Interview was with IBM Human Resources to validate job function. IBM was contractually obligated to bring me on as an employee.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions

• Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

At least 5 round of interviews. Basic questions related to the job were asked. Interviewer asked solutions for some of their current problems. Interview was arranged with managers repenting each verticals where this role will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental to the subject, they asked solution for some of their current problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

Interview

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

Anonymous Employee in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions

• They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview

The application consisted out of pre-employment question and a rather lenghty assessment. After approx. 2 weeks I ahd one interviews which was followed by a panel interview with multiple Project Managers. Apporx. 2 weeks later I received the notice that i was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in September 2011.

Interview

First you have to get through the resume 'filter'. Many will not. Once you do, at least in Dubuque, I had one interview & an offer (pending background check) before the end of the 1st interview. I should have been suspicious. They've been - over the years - really focused on bringing in bodies in to Dubuque.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to move to Dubuque?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your project management experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Delhi, IA) in June 2011.

Interview

Initially staffing agency shortlisted and forwarded resume then a personal interview and then just 1 more final interview regarding package

Interview Questions

• Explain about your previous IT Project   1 Answer