IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2014

2.5

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

It was onsite. First it was 1-1 discussion mostly about my background and experience. Second round was with two people. It was situational and behavioural. I even had to use the board to draw and explain.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

None, outsourced, got a FedX at my door stating work for IBM or you are unemployed. AT&T outsourced their IT and made a deal with IBM to force all employees over to IBM or on the street with no unemployment and not severance.

Interview Questions
    There was none, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different managers

Interview Questions
    • Give a scenario where something went wrong on a project and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBM.

I applied for a project manager position, got a call back from IBM, interviewed with the recruiter and the program manager at the client site, and was hired without meeting any one face to face!

Interview Questions
    • Can't think of any. The hiring process was very quick, and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.   Answer Question
    Good -- I said the offer wasn't enough money, and negotiated it. She came back with a counteroffer, and we finally settled at a competitive rate.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2013.

The process took 4 months. I interviewed with 6 different people at IBM.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficut situation, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

After I interviewed with IBM, I thought that IBM was not any better than the company I work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Research Triangle Park, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Hired in as contractor, hired full time 1 year later. The interview process was good, did not take too much time. Worked here for over 16 years, then PC division was sold to Lenovo.

They told me what I would be making and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

I had only one over the phone interview, after this they called about 2 weeks later with an offer. Company gave me one week to answer the offer and one month to relocate. After arriving to location I was given a two week training on general IBM processes and specific project management processes

I could only negotiate the starting date, salary was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in May 2009.

The hiring and interview process was candidate knowledge sharing. It was also very informative as you learned more about the job and responsibilites.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult team member?   View Answer
    I wa offered basically the same package that I had a previous company so I was satisfied

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Asked me about the project management process and how to tailor it to different projects and companies. Asked me about my under grad college. Wanted to know when I could start. Was told his expectations about the position; which is to say he would not make a commitment. Then he asked me to come on in.

Interview Questions
    • They manager wanted to know if I was looking for a long term position of something to get started in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubuque, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Interviewed in fall of 2010 at a technical services delivery center. I met a company rep at a job fair and he encouraged me to arrange an interview. The interview process was very professional. I caught a quick glimpse of the main floor, it's very open with short cubicles. In the interview there were fairly standard questions asked. The one takeaway I was able to gather was that coming in an an entry level employee they expect you to work as many hours as the job requires (travel, project tasks, etc). Work/life balance appears to be very poor and opportunity for advancement seemed questionable. But very impressive office space, it's incredibly green-friendly which I appreciated. Very fast-paced though.

Interview Questions
    • What can you tell me about what we do here?   View Answer

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!