IBM

Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2010.

This was a massive job fair - not happy with the time spent and the disinterested employees (not hiring managers) I spent some limited time with in a short, noisy ballroom with hundreds of other potential employees.

The employee was much younger and snotty. She showed no concern whatsoever as a potential employee of IBM.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me specifics on survey research   View Answer
  • What business division are you interested in?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hortolândia (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2012.

The employer got my resume from a referral program, he set up a meeting by telephone, where we talked about 40 minutes, after which he sent me a form with several technical questions to be answered, now the next step is wait the results of this.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

2 levels of interview
    -phone interview by recruiter
    -interview with hiring manager, functional manager, representative from PMI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in May 2011.

My last interview was internal, so moving laterally inside the company. It was fairly straightforward. He led off with general interest question, (where from, interests, etc). Most questions were about my previous roles, challenging situations I found my self in and how I resolved. Also some questions that appear to be HR scripted and required the box to be checked ("Do you like new technology", or something odd like that)

Internal interview, so lateral positions don't have much room to negotiate

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in May 2009.

Our IT department from a company based in SF was outsourced to IBM. We had access to all IBM their job openings, we had a limited time to find a job within IBM. Back in 2007, I found a few PM openings in their job board. I would IM the Hiring Managers of the position and ask about postion. I was referred to 3 different Hiring Manager before I landed the position.

Interview Questions
    • How long have you managed projects   View Answer
    • Are you a certified project management professional and is your certification current?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Good with three rounds,first technical skills,second PM experience and third communication skills.Took only about 6 hours to get selected !

Interview Questions
    • Difference between Risk and Issues in Project Management   View Answers (7)
    • Explain difference stages of Project Management and explain each one of them briefly   View Answer
    Mostly one-sided from Employer without much salary increase

Project Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2009.

Internal interview for a new role. Telephone interview was good and I had positive feedback. 1:1 interview was not good. Manager had little interview experience and did not sell the role to me. I felt awkward asking questions, which although the manager may have thought irrelevant to her they were relevant to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in October 2009.

(1)30 Minute Initial phone screen Interview with recruiter (2) 1 hour interview with Practioner; very informal discussed project management and my experience. (3) Panel Interview and Presentation - Had 1 on 1 interviews with 4 different Practioners. Once done, you are provided with a case study and you must present your solution.

Was offered another position but with less travel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in June 2009.

Got the interview scheduled from an agency. IT was preety simple my case . went and met the employer. interviw was around 1 hour . Questions asked were limited to what I do .. on day to day basis and basis project management techniques. suggestions will be please genuin in what you say. And prepare your resume well. Questions will be in and around resume. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

salaray offered was not upto the mark.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Went at a career fair, got interviewed in person and was called back for a second round phone interview. During the phone interview, was asked one question about about risk management. Ended the interview in about 20 minutes.