IBM Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

This was a massive job fair - not happy with the time spent and the disinterested employees (not hiring managers) I spent some limited time with in a short, noisy ballroom with hundreds of other potential employees. The employee was much younger and snotty. She showed no concern whatsoever as a potential employee of IBM.

Interview Questions

• Asked me specifics on survey research   1 Answer
  • What business division are you interested in?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

2 levels of interview -phone interview by recruiter -interview with hiring manager, functional manager, representative from PMI

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hortolândia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hortolândia (Brazil)) in January 2012.

Interview

The employer got my resume from a referral program, he set up a meeting by telephone, where we talked about 40 minutes, after which he sent me a form with several technical questions to be answered, now the next step is wait the results of this.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brno (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Brno (Czech Republic)) in June 2015.

Interview

I am from engineering background yet I am trying to work bin high end IT company IBM as project manager,I have gone through 3 interview including telephonic for project manager position.they as me lot of questions regarding project management,I managed to answer all,but in 2nd technical round they wanted me to quote concrete example about managing project and gave me IT product as a product to imagine. .There I faced difficulty.hope in future I will make it.all the best.

Interview Questions

• State 3 strength and 3 weaknesses with supporting example.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

- slow, the HR lady didnt seem to care about what i was saying and instead kept looking at her phone. the second interview was better with friendly people. HR told me they will get back to me in 1 week, instead it took them 1 whole month.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

HR phone interview, hiring manager phone interview and them Assessment day. Assessment day format group exercise and presentation with other candidates that applied for this role, ibm GBS presentation, various interviews in afternoon with other senior managers from GBS. Day was structured well however interviews held by various managers not necessarily hiring you. Wasn't selected as There reason was I had good PM skills but not skills they were looking for despite applying for a PM role..

Interview Questions

• Talk through your CV and your experiences and how you dealt with certain scenarios   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Interview

Was good as they have senior management, & shortlisted the candidate based on GD & IQ round. Then had 1:1 interview & asked varied questions. Overall, was good interview process touching all aspects of life.

Interview Questions

• Experience & work did before during internship   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Calcutta (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Technical interview followed by HR round. Salary discussion only during HR Round . HR round is normally conducted by a senior manager. Questions will be asked on previous experience, technical background, leadership skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

At least 5 round of interviews. Basic questions related to the job were asked. Interviewer asked solutions for some of their current problems. Interview was arranged with managers repenting each verticals where this role will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental to the subject, they asked solution for some of their current problems.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Interview

Started a phone interview with HR Followed by another phone interview with an offshore hiring manager Waiting for one week, set up another interview with local teams It was running great and take another week to receive application status

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   2 Answers