IBM

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

Interview Details – phone intermview and site interview

Interview Question – write code on site   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – tell them you have another offer

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 meeting with the hiring manager. HR called with the offer. Offer letter follows within a week.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2009.

Interview Details – Started with email outreach. Followed by brief phone call setting up initial interview. First interview was with a Manager. Then there was a follow up interview with the Test Team lead.

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate

Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Interview Details – Two interviews with two Functional Verification Test managers. First setup an hour-long phone interview and asked me about my current role on my team, questions about previous projects, and an explanation of what the job responsibilities consist of. The manager called me a week later saying they selected me for the position.

During this time, a second manager called me on my office number and gave me a quick 10-minute on the spot interview asking what I did on my team and he told me I was exactly what he was looking for.

Never got an offer from either of them. Lot of politics at play in IBM... Don't believe anyone until you have an offer!

Interview Questions

• Describe a project I had in school and what were my roles in the group   View Answer
  • Did I ever have to deal with the changing of plans during a project?   View Answer

Jerusalem (Israel)

I applied online and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Was asked to explain about a project I did in school, what the difficulties were and how I overcame them. Was then asked what positive/negative qualities I think a good QA engineer needs to have. Then was asked what tests I would run on an electric kettle. After that a few puzzles.

Interview Question – What tests would you run on an electric kettle?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applyed online through university career website. A week later, got an email to schedule the interview. The interview itself took an hour.

Interview Question – What would you do if two projects are due at same time?   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!