IBM Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IBM in January 2009.

phone intermview and site interview

Interview Questions
tell them you have another offer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in December 2009.

1 on 1 meeting with the hiring manager. HR called with the offer. Offer letter follows within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2009.

Started with email outreach. Followed by brief phone call setting up initial interview. First interview was with a Manager. Then there was a follow up interview with the Test Team lead.

I did not attempt to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Two interviews with two Functional Verification Test managers. First setup an hour-long phone interview and asked me about my current role on my team, questions about previous projects, and an explanation of what the job responsibilities consist of. The manager called me a week later saying they selected me for the position.

During this time, a second manager called me on my office number and gave me a quick 10-minute on the spot interview asking what I did on my team and he told me I was exactly what he was looking for.

Never got an offer from either of them. Lot of politics at play in IBM... Don't believe anyone until you have an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project I had in school and what were my roles in the group   View Answer
    • Did I ever have to deal with the changing of plans during a project?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jerusalem (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerusalem (Israel)

I applied online - interviewed at IBM.

Was asked to explain about a project I did in school, what the difficulties were and how I overcame them. Was then asked what positive/negative qualities I think a good QA engineer needs to have. Then was asked what tests I would run on an electric kettle. After that a few puzzles.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Applyed online through university career website. A week later, got an email to schedule the interview. The interview itself took an hour.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if two projects are due at same time?   Answer Question

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!