IBM Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.9

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Ended up applying online through a job board. I received a phone call about 1 week later from a staff member there. He went over basic things such as my resume, projects that I had worked on before, what my biggest accomplishment was. Second phone call was just verifying this information. Third was in person. A couple drawn out problem solving sessions along with meeting members of the team I would have worked with.

Interview Questions

• Which previous project would you consider to be your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Durham, NC).

Interview

Initial screening to check the skill set , followed by couple of interview by program manager, project manager and those are more related to project management, delivery, how you manage project. and then finally HR round when they will ask about salary expectation and bonus. Then couple of negotiation rounds , if it matches then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you have proved your leadership, how you managed the risk.
      How do you forecast about project sales ?

How you manage scope, plan, budget, resource, billing, time - which tool

What exactly you feel challenging while doing project management.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Was quite simple for me in that I was a contractor on a small team of contractors. Which is a good way for both potential employee to learn about IBM and also for IBM to learn about you, sort of a test drive. Key things are about execution, being thorough and thinking both big and long-term.

Interview Questions

• Was some time ago and really didn't do much of an interview, more of a trial. Most difficult thing was learning and programming on OS/2.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty quick and simple, I had another offer at the same time. I came back with a few things I would like better, which they adjusted the salary but didn't change the vacation time.

Associate Consultant - Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Fairly basic - I had two screening interviews and then a third in-person interview which served as the final round. You'll be interviewed by the account managers who are looking to hire so they will see if you meet their accounts needs.

Fairly basic questions "Why are you here?" "Tell me a time where you had to source something" "Why are you leaving your current job"

Interview Questions

• Case Study wasn't terrible, just had to do a lot of math without a spreadsheet   Answer Question

L2 Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

One of the easiest interview processes I've experienced for a technical position. One in-person one-on-one interview, one phone interview with multiple managers, no technical interview. Process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone on your team was slacking off? What if that doesn't work? And what if THAT doesn't work?   Answer Question

Procurement Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

I had 6 phone interviews with IBM personnel from around the world prior to a half day interview in their offices. The entire process took in excess of 4 months. Then I heard nothing. When I emailed the coordinator, I was told that the position the had available was at a much lower level than my experience would allow for.

Interview Questions

• Case study was probably the most time consuming part of the interview   Answer Question

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Apply through campus recruiting website and got an office interview within a week. Office interview contain three 30min interviews.

Direct Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Was a quick and dirty interview. The guy seemed to make up his mind rather quickly so I think he knew what he was looking for and I must have fit the bill.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

There was only one interview with hiring manager. This was an internal job posting.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate. This was a lateral move.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Alot of interviews

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your future this this company   Answer Question