IBM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Senior IT Specialist
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Interview process depends directly of how urgent the opportunity is to be filled; Some simple exams (foreign languages, math and logics) and a background check

Interview Question – Only regular questions (like professional career, biggest accomplishments, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR was easy to deal with during negotiation phase. No big deal.

Managing Consultant Interview

Managing Consultant
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Started as a supplemental employee.

Interview Question – IQ Tests   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation (supplemental job)

Consultant Interview

Consultant
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – -Description of opportunity was inacurrate and created wrong expectations.
-Hiring process timing was not well planned. Communicaiton was constant for weeks, absent completely for during others. I never knew when to expect contact.
-Scheduling was last minute and made planning diffficult.
-Contract signing was smooth.
-Interviewers made me calm, conversation flowed naturally.

Interview Question – There were no surprises or very difficult questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Start by HR in website and finish with a first line manager and second line manager. Focused in territories and sales experiences with others players and customers

Manager Interview

Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Interview Details – Great place to work. 4 Interviews all in a friendly way. No major issues as you go through the steps: history, technical, inter-personal, with the boss.

Very Easy Interview

Web Production Lead Interview

Web Production Lead
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had past experience as coverage on someone else's vacations. I just had to apply for an open opportunity and start working after some training. I was already working here for 5 years as a vendor and was already profiled for working here.

Interview Question – Too much new processes, sometimes these processes become blockers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was already working here.

Counsel Interview

Counsel
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Usually three interviews for this position: Brazil legal director, the manager (second layer) who will manage you and the LA Regional Counsel. Plus, some HR tests may apply depending on the job position. Fluent English absolutely necessary.

Interview Question – Why do you think you fit at IBM and what would be your collaborations for the legal department here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As expected for big companies.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in October 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview process at IBM consists in several meetings with Management and always you will have to speak in english, at least for Project Management jobs. PMP certification is desirable.

Interview Question – I didn't have difficult questions since I'm experienced on Project Management skills.   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Software Quality Assurance
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview Details – Be prepared to made an Interview with the SQA coordinator and with the SQA Manager. Both are good people. You'll made a Test regarding, SQL skills and you'll have to create a test case. This is for Tivoli Maximo Brazil Lab.

Interview Questions

• If a friend could say anything about you, what will he says?   View Answer
  • What are you looking for right now? How money is important to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You'll able to negociate until R$ 1000,00 (US$400,00) up without problems

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice in São Paulo, São Paulo. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.