IBM

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

3 Interviews: 1 Technical and 2 Behavior

Interview Questions
  • Name an event a resolution of a problem that happened at work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in June 2011.

I was contacted by IBM"s internal HR personnel to discuss their current role opportunity. THe next step was to have a tech screen with their Distribrution Sector. I'm now awaiting word to see if I'm invited to a face 2 face interview in Philadelphia.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please tell me about your past projects and what your role was?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Inside hire, made a call, and I was hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM in December 2007.

Day 1 - Arrived at PHL airport and was taken by Taxi into the city where we stayed at a hotel in city central. The night consisted of a banquet to welcome all potential employees and a meet a greet with the management. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal. Dress was business casual. Speaches were made by the head of the consulting groups who were approachable afterward for questions.

Day 2- Walked from hotel a few blocks over to the building where IBM was conducting the interviews. The conference room was bright and had a night view of the city.
    Breakfast buffet was served and there was about an hour or so to go over notes before the actual interviews started. There were 2 interviewers and times were done by time slot. Between the first and second I had 1/2 hour to prepare in which time I was able to relax and compare notes with others, and take a gander out the window.

The interviewers were friendly and personable, no ego or condescending tones. And I still keep in touch with 1 of the interviewers to this day. Typical questions were "Why do you want to work for IBM?" "Why would you be a good fit?" "Do you have issues with traveling?" "What do you like about IBM?"

Before the end of the second interview I was told that I would be receiving his recommendation.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was done over the phone. Feel the market out for what you think is fair, just be aware that they will have already done the same.

SAP Consultant Interview

IBM visited campus, there was initial screening test then group discussions and finally technical and HR interview.
    Interviewing panel was very patient with me and sensible in asking questions. They asked very technical questions pertaining to SAP.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to achieve being an SAP consultant?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Two back-to-back interviews during University Recruiting session followed by more detailed telephone interviews with the team leader. First set of interviews are mainly to get a feel for broad level skills, while the interview with the team lead was much more granular about the specific role.

SAP Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2012.

Within a half hour of my resume hitting IBM, I got a call from an excited recruiter. He asked me a few questions and said that he was going to discuss my resume in a meeting the following day. I heard nothing for a week and a half. I called the recruiter back, the call went to voice mail, I left a message asking if there was any update on my application. He called the following day and said I was still on his spreadsheet. Later that day I got an email from another person scheduling an interview. I had the phone interview and it was more of a personality survey than anything else. It seemed to have went well.

I never heard back from them. I did check on line and it says not selected for position. I do with IBM would have sent some form of notice. I would have liked to know what I could work on to be a more appealing candidate in the future.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in March 2012.

basis Technical interview
    HR interview
    Management interview

Interview Questions
    They pay well, so consider what ever they give. They hardly negotiant. May be only in case if u get a better offer try and get back asking them to match it

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IBM in August 2011.

I applied online for the SAP Consultant position and within 2 days received feedback from the Senior IBM Recruiter, who was very helpful. It took about 2 to 3 weeks to schedule the first phone interview where I had to tell about myself etc which went fine. The next step was the phone technical review that took about 2 to 3 weeks due to the summer vacation schedule of the IBM folks. That was also straight forward since if you know what you are talking about, the technical screener, will understand and let you move forward with the final phase of going to one of the day interviewing sessions at one of the many IBM recruiting offices. Mine was in Schaumburg, IL. You'll be given a 30 minute 'why IBM' presentation by one of their senior partners. After that there will be a team excercise related to a business case which takes a total of about 1 to 1.25 hours. You'll have to take on a portion of the business case and quickly create a presentation that will take place before a IBM panel (6 to 8). They'll ask you questions at the end and drill down to details i.e. why did you propose xx percent increase of personal etc. After that there will be lunch and you'll follow a planned schedule of 1:1 interviews. Some folks depending on the job they applied might have 3 time slots. Most of them have 2. The first one is usually with a technical person and is straight forward. The second one with a partner or associate partner who will ask you to ask him questions and what you would do if you would be the CEO etc. After that you should hear within a week from the recruiting Mananger

Interview Questions
    • What was one of you most challenging projects and how would you approach it now.   Answer Question

Too low of a salary

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in July 2011.

The call was patched from one of the IBM offices to the interviewer.
    The Interviewer had a thorough knowledge of the subject and conducted the interview in a very amicable way.
    The questions really tested my knowledge over the subject.

Interview Questions
    We can negotiate over pay and position. But the manager will be very clear what has to given.