IBM SAP Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Updated Jul 17, 2014

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

SAP Consultant Interview

interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Inside hire, made a call, and I was hired

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM.

3 Interviews: 1 Technical and 2 Behavior

Interview Questions
    • Name an event a resolution of a problem that happened at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

I was contacted by IBM"s internal HR personnel to discuss their current role opportunity. THe next step was to have a tech screen with their Distribrution Sector. I'm now awaiting word to see if I'm invited to a face 2 face interview in Philadelphia.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please tell me about your past projects and what your role was?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in December 2007.

Day 1 - Arrived at PHL airport and was taken by Taxi into the city where we stayed at a hotel in city central. The night consisted of a banquet to welcome all potential employees and a meet a greet with the management. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal. Dress was business casual. Speaches were made by the head of the consulting groups who were approachable afterward for questions.

Day 2- Walked from hotel a few blocks over to the building where IBM was conducting the interviews. The conference room was bright and had a night view of the city.
    Breakfast buffet was served and there was about an hour or so to go over notes before the actual interviews started. There were 2 interviewers and times were done by time slot. Between the first and second I had 1/2 hour to prepare in which time I was able to relax and compare notes with others, and take a gander out the window.

The interviewers were friendly and personable, no ego or condescending tones. And I still keep in touch with 1 of the interviewers to this day. Typical questions were "Why do you want to work for IBM?" "Why would you be a good fit?" "Do you have issues with traveling?" "What do you like about IBM?"

Before the end of the second interview I was told that I would be receiving his recommendation.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was done over the phone. Feel the market out for what you think is fair, just be aware that they will have already done the same.

SAP Consultant Interview

IBM visited campus, there was initial screening test then group discussions and finally technical and HR interview.
    Interviewing panel was very patient with me and sensible in asking questions. They asked very technical questions pertaining to SAP.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to achieve being an SAP consultant?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

1.Written test
    2.Group Discussion
    3. Interview(some times they will have 2 interviews ) but in my case only one interview was done.
    technical+ HR interview

some simple C programs were asked like multiplication of two matrices.
    willingness to work any where

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in August 2009.

- Initial interview with HR
    - Interview by HR panel
    - Interview by Experts panel
    - Interview by Partner

Interview Questions
    • - How did you manage a difficult client without jeopardising the relationship?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM.

Two back-to-back interviews during University Recruiting session followed by more detailed telephone interviews with the team leader. First set of interviews are mainly to get a feel for broad level skills, while the interview with the team lead was much more granular about the specific role.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

two stage interview

Interview Questions
    Annual hike is very less; if you are not getting 30% hike do not join IBM.

SAP Consulting Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

The interview was based on 2 phases. One tele phonic and another 1:1...The interview was both technical and also from HR related domain.

Interview Questions

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!