IBM

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP Consultant

I interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details – Inside hire, made a call, and I was hired

Interview Question – do you like to travel   Answer Question

SAP Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews: 1 Technical and 2 Behavior

Interview Question – Name an event a resolution of a problem that happened at work.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by IBM"s internal HR personnel to discuss their current role opportunity. THe next step was to have a tech screen with their Distribrution Sector. I'm now awaiting word to see if I'm invited to a face 2 face interview in Philadelphia.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phila, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in December 2007.

Interview Details – Day 1 - Arrived at PHL airport and was taken by Taxi into the city where we stayed at a hotel in city central. The night consisted of a banquet to welcome all potential employees and a meet a greet with the management. The atmosphere was very relaxed and informal. Dress was business casual. Speaches were made by the head of the consulting groups who were approachable afterward for questions.

Day 2- Walked from hotel a few blocks over to the building where IBM was conducting the interviews. The conference room was bright and had a night view of the city.
Breakfast buffet was served and there was about an hour or so to go over notes before the actual interviews started. There were 2 interviewers and times were done by time slot. Between the first and second I had 1/2 hour to prepare in which time I was able to relax and compare notes with others, and take a gander out the window.

The interviewers were friendly and personable, no ego or condescending tones. And I still keep in touch with 1 of the interviewers to this day. Typical questions were "Why do you want to work for IBM?" "Why would you be a good fit?" "Do you have issues with traveling?" "What do you like about IBM?"

Before the end of the second interview I was told that I would be receiving his recommendation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was done over the phone. Feel the market out for what you think is fair, just be aware that they will have already done the same.

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in August 2009.

Interview Details – - Initial interview with HR
- Interview by HR panel
- Interview by Experts panel
- Interview by Partner

Interview Question – - How did you manage a difficult client without jeopardising the relationship?   Answer Question

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details – Two back-to-back interviews during University Recruiting session followed by more detailed telephone interviews with the team leader. First set of interviews are mainly to get a feel for broad level skills, while the interview with the team lead was much more granular about the specific role.

Interview Question – How many golf balls fit in a 747.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Interview Details – two stage interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Annual hike is very less; if you are not getting 30% hike do not join IBM.

SAP Consulting Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was based on 2 phases. One tele phonic and another 1:1...The interview was both technical and also from HR related domain.

Interview Question – What are the SAP engines   Answer Question

Coventry, England (UK)

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Interview Details – basis Technical interview
HR interview
Management interview

Interview Question – Give an overvoew of yout work exp   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They pay well, so consider what ever they give. They hardly negotiant. May be only in case if u get a better offer try and get back asking them to match it

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was almost on time as per the schedule.
One of the best interviewer i have ever met, from the normal dominating.
The manager round was good and informative about the company.

Interview Question – Question on SAP ABAP   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM SAP Consultant interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.