IBM Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cobol/CICS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2011.

I had applied for the position through the career portal.Almost a month after applying i received a mail for the technical interview.Technical interview was telephonic and it went well.Within a week, 1:1 interview was scheduled.Focus was on the resume for the face to face interview.Yet to receive any feed back after the 1:1 interview.

Programming Position for Cal Medicare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Just had a phone interview so far. he recruiter said they would fly me in for a Face to face. Awaiting confirmation of travel from corporate travel or HR.

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Contacted by a recruiter. The process went smoothly, basic questions regarding working in a team, multiple clients, and complex projects with strict deadlines. The process itself took a few months, so it's slow, but moves along smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were straight forward, mostly concerned with your past experiences. No tricks, they want to determine, are you a good fit.   Answer Question
    As they met the initial targets that I began the negotiation with, there were no negotiations.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interviews are very straight forward, and the whole process is light and quick. There will be one technical round followed by a manager interview. Fascinating to note that there would not be a HR profiling round, which felt out of normal to me. Technical round consists of straight forward technology questions, so if you know what you are doing, this round would not be all that difficult, no trick questions here. The discussion with the manager, I never really understood the purpose of it, coz it was just a discussion on matters ranging from IT to football - so it's just a discussion, and that's it.

Interview Questions
    You can negotiate, something that I wasn't sure. Negotiation actually happens with an HR who you will only recognize by voice.