IBM Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2014

2.5

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

First interview was a group interview with HR. And we were given a logical problem and separated into two groups. And each group had a representative to give the solution. Second was interview with manager and I had a third interview cause I was quite controversial for the all male team(I am a female).

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is the most important for a sales person.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Hiring manager agrees to interview, (either from referral or resume from website). A phone interview and an in person internview. Sometimes one more interview.

Interview Questions
    • what was your biggest failure in sales and what went wrong   Answer Question
    offer was locked in, only negotiated more weeks for vacation

a few face to face meetings with 3 different managers

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

tedious and tenuous and unhelpful

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation between two customers wanting a better price who know one another   Answer Question

by email

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews. Fair interview and I received very positive feedback however, there was a technical sales specialist in the brand who got the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

one phone interview with HR and one face to face interview with 2 sales managers
    Hiring process for IBM InsideSales Dublin is very simple as language is first competence required (you need to speak english and another european language according to job offer)
    you need to able to justify some sales experience, giving specific examples (team work, reaching targets, problem solving...)
    And be ready to answer the question : Why IBM? and show some knowledge about IBM and the competition

Interview Questions
    • I had only very standard questions.I didn't have any difficult question. Just play the game : you are an amazing person that can offer a lot and IBM is even more amazing. And give specific example on each of your responses   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase as I was happy with the contract sent.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2011.

First Start with your first line manager, which is the most important part. if he or she approves, then your're 90% qualified. Then it's your second line manager (Business Unit- Executive), normally he or she just say hi/ or welcome join IBM!!

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Seemed like a good postion, brought 6 people in at once, did a group interview which was awkward. Then broke us up into individual meetings where we each met with each manager. After this they hired no one, and was only looking for people with software sales. IBM Recruiter was upset with Managers who never told him that before starting the interviewing process.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

One-on-ones with hiring manager/account management and product management. tone was formal but open, more of a discussion really. The hiring manager suggested I sign up for a free trial of the product, which I did.

Interview Questions
    • What segments would you try and sell our product into, given free reign?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Numerous 1:1 with multiple managers all wanting to be satisfied that you fit

Interview Questions

Slow moving behemoth of a company with too many pseudo chiefs

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!