IBM

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – First interview was a group interview with HR. And we were given a logical problem and separated into two groups. And each group had a representative to give the solution. Second was interview with manager and I had a third interview cause I was quite controversial for the all male team(I am a female).

Interview Question – What do you think is the most important for a sales person.   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager agrees to interview, (either from referral or resume from website). A phone interview and an in person internview. Sometimes one more interview.

Interview Question – what was your biggest failure in sales and what went wrong   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – offer was locked in, only negotiated more weeks for vacation

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details – a few face to face meetings with 3 different managers

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in April 2010.

Interview Details – tedious and tenuous and unhelpful

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation between two customers wanting a better price who know one another   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – by email

Columbus, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then two 1:1 interviews. Fair interview and I received very positive feedback however, there was a technical sales specialist in the brand who got the position.

Interview Question – What is you 90 day plan?   View Answer

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details – one phone interview with HR and one face to face interview with 2 sales managers
Hiring process for IBM InsideSales Dublin is very simple as language is first competence required (you need to speak english and another european language according to job offer)
you need to able to justify some sales experience, giving specific examples (team work, reaching targets, problem solving...)
And be ready to answer the question : Why IBM? and show some knowledge about IBM and the competition

Interview Question – I had only very standard questions.I didn't have any difficult question. Just play the game : you are an amazing person that can offer a lot and IBM is even more amazing. And give specific example on each of your responses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as I was happy with the contract sent.

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in July 2011.

Interview Details – First Start with your first line manager, which is the most important part. if he or she approves, then your're 90% qualified. Then it's your second line manager (Business Unit- Executive), normally he or she just say hi/ or welcome join IBM!!

Interview Question – Most thing you feel proud of yourself: career   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed like a good postion, brought 6 people in at once, did a group interview which was awkward. Then broke us up into individual meetings where we each met with each manager. After this they hired no one, and was only looking for people with software sales. IBM Recruiter was upset with Managers who never told him that before starting the interviewing process.

Interview Question – How would you best describe your work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details – One-on-ones with hiring manager/account management and product management. tone was formal but open, more of a discussion really. The hiring manager suggested I sign up for a free trial of the product, which I did.

Interview Question – What segments would you try and sell our product into, given free reign?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2011.

Interview Details – Numerous 1:1 with multiple managers all wanting to be satisfied that you fit

Interview Question – Why should a potential client buy from you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Slow moving behemoth of a company with too many pseudo chiefs

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!