IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

standard sales strategy questions. college hire type questions so need to show you have a basic understanding on how corporate america works. will ask about internships/work experience. how you team with others, problem solving strategies, where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years. Overall experience was decent. first met had a phone interview, then flew to location and had an interview with 5-6 managers. each with different questions. all day interview.

Interview Questions

• - goals accomplishments where do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I am currently waiting to hear back from IBM to have a 3rd round interview with an IBM office. So far, this process has been very enjoyable. Every person I have spoken with has been great and very helpful. I had a first round on my college campus, and a second round over the phone. My only complaint so far has been the time it takes for this interview process to move along.

Interview Questions

• Name three things that you IBM has done in the last few months that you think are great ideas, and three things you think they have done that are bad ideas.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial interview process went very quickly. Received a call after resume was passed forward through employee referral and had two phone interviews with the Hiring Manager. Human Resources was not very involved. Interview was more of a discussion than pointed questions. Based on the interview, I did not really know what to expect when first starting.

Interview Questions

• After moving into another position, the interview was more challenging - one of the more challenging questions was how I would handle different scenarios and my plan to come up to speed.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

took about 3 weeks, email followed by phone followed by 2 interviews with hr and manager, not too difficult or long but couldnt really get a feel for what they were looking for or felt throughtout the process

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 calls with HR people. 1 call with hiring manager. Typical questions and follow up process. I would recommend follow up with everyone you speak with. Also, make sure to connect all managers and HR people on LinkedIn. Also make sure to have plenty of knowledge relating to the history of the company. People really enjoy conversations about IBM history.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews with their managers. Chalk talk and a formal 20-minute presentation to a group of people. Company did not reimburse me $41 for my travel and lunch expense. The hiring manager sarcastically told me that "We are not that generous."

Interview Questions

• Why you don't have a recent experience with a big company?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and vetting first; questions were formulated to accurately gauge your skills for the position plus your overall industry knowledge. After the phone interview they left it with you would either get a call regarding a face to face interview or a communication letting you know they were no longer pursuing you as a candidate. Face to face interview was pleasant and on time, additional management were brought in vs just the hiring manager. Personal call and followup regarding if they were going further or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult; they were very focused on how the candidate felt they could contribute and fit in with peers of all backgrounds and ages   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IBM (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very simple and laid back single interview process Only one interview with the hiring manager who was very pleasant. Seemed like they needed someone right away with the appropriate experience which I just barely had. I think they were more interested in what type of character I had. Got an offer with in a week. I was very surprised how fast this came about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview went well. They were on a hiring freeze which created a decent time period before my last interview, and my offer. Be yourself, they were really looking for personality in this role.

Interview Questions

• What is a quality you feel is a necessity in this business/role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with my hiring manager. IBM was very generous in the recruiting process and flew me to my interview as well as put me up in a hotel near the office site. It took a while for a decision to be made, but it was worth the wait.