IBM

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The hiring process was very clean. I was called by a senior recruiter and was given a description of the job. Then I spoke with the Manager of the team followed by a call the following week with 2 engineers via facetime. I got a a call the next day confirming that they were willing to offer me the position. The questions weren't really very hard and were basic Data Structures and OOP questions. One of the engineers asked me to explain to him how to write a program to find a plaindrome by ignoring symbols in the string.

Interview Questions
    • Check if a word is a palindrome by ignoring the symbols present in the word. For example, $$AA,^G(O&G are palindromes, but A%B, $, #RT^ are not.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Was contacted by HR first for introductory interview. Had 3 more interviews by hiring and manager as well as manager of area.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have any unexpected questions. Employers biggest concern was readiness for travel which is considerable.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Applied online. Initial screening phone interview with HR person. Invited to networking event with number of hiring managers. Continued with 5 phone interviews. After verbal offer, process included background check, and drug testing. Written offer letter received 2 months after application. All interviewers were courteous, and willing to answer questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would work in highly matrixed organization.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate salary, but not vacation time or job title.

Summit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in November 2013.

The Summit internship hiring process is usually around 3 phone interviews. The first phone interview, you will talk with one of the HR hiring managers. This was more of a get to know you interview and my interviewer was so nice and easy to talk to. The second phone interview is with your potential manager if you get an offer full-time after the internship and the last is your host manager if you're hired as an intern.

They were very accomodating

DemandTec Senior Statistician/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

applied online and get contacted in two weeks. Questions were not difficult. First asked me to introduce myself, and then asked me several probability questions, statistical modeling, and brain teaser question. Overall, it was fun

Interview Questions
    • three ants at a triangle, and they can only go through the lines (they can go either direction), and the probability that either two ants meet?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in October 2010.

Contacted through recruiter, hired over the phone. Never saw my manager until we met to sign paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • They were all technical questions, and it was a phone interview. It was like taking an open book test, but it's a realistic idea of what the job would be like. If you don't know the answer to a question, admit it, but get that answer in a timely fashion.   Answer Question
    all via phone until the offer was written. there was no negotiation on the salary, but sign on bonus and vacation days were on the table.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

It was a very detailed and structured interview. The people were very bright and focused during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the last project you managed?   View Answer
    • Tell me what are the major factors that make a project successful.   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in September 2009.

Applied through a friend who works at IBM. He helped get my resume to the direct hiring manager. This resulted in a phone screen, typical phone type of interview for a sales person. The next meeting was a face-to-face coffee. Things proceeded quickly and I also meet with a Vice President from the Software group.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about 450K co-workers? Essentially a small country.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Accept it or leave it.

Trouble Shooter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in August 2009.

Consistantly Exceeds Requirements of the Job rating -vs- ratings of 'Far Exceeds'.,etc, was not due to the VA disability? But rather 'you must or you have to know 'all' the alternatives in the Billing System- Biller List Group ,Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the Plan Administraters Office,and the Office of the Chief Accountant,Armonk,NY.

Interview Questions
    • Deadly tax Identification number.Employer Identification number.   View Answer

Systems X Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in April 2009.

Done mostly by phone and internal listing since I moved from another area of IBM. It's really about who you know! Those job posting don't mean anything! I talked to the right people and then referenced the job number I wanted and then the paperwork went through! Do yourself a favor and look at glassdoor for other salaries. I did not know this site existed back then otherwise I would have better negotiation power!

Interview Questions
    No room for negotiation. They did a M&L for me and offered 13K more than what my starting salary was with them and cost of living adjustment so that was nice .